FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1798925-world-hyatt-pre-launch.html)

hailstorm Oct 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 27402329)
I'm wondering if those of us who got in on that old credit card "mistake" who now have permanent Diamond will going forward be permanent Globalists?

Please do let us know how that turns out!

sm0421 Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Like:

+ the program because I mostly travel on business so hitting 60 nights and spend is no problem. It's a clear improvement over Diamond.

Shocked:
- who came up with these names? They are hard to pronounce for non-native speakers and difficult to understand. How did this pass the entire Hyatt marketing department???

- the continuous IT fail by listing a 404 page...... the lacking iPhone app which cannot display non-stay points...Hyatt, you need a reorg in your e-commerce and IT group!

Katlor Oct 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by nihonto (Post 27402341)
FHR now is something where they charge you extra and you have to go and check to see if all the things you're "getting for free" can be bought a-la-carte from the hotel for cheaper. 9 times out of 10 it's so. Booking with FHR then is just a con job. Look at all those "amenities" ... yeah they are things I bought and paid extra for so you could get your cut.

When the next recession hits this corporate greed is going to go into reverse fast.

Good point about FHR. Back during the recession (2011) I didn't even bother with hotel status because you could book a great rate with FHR and get everything you would get with a status program. Five years later and FHR rates don't net enough to be worth it. That's why when the recession improved I went to Hyatt Diamond, because even though I don't get cool suite upgrades at Hyatts I at least know that I'm stacking points, getting breakfast, and hopefully getting above-par service. We'll see how things shake out if there's another downturn.

JetAway Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm

We all need to get a grip (self included-especially). It's only a hotel chain.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 27402472)
We all need to get a grip (self included-especially). It's only a hotel chain.

Sorry, this is FT, we take these things seriously. :)

aschuett Oct 27, 2016 8:24 pm

For a chain where I have to sometimes go out of my way to stay, it's tempting to get frustrated. But next time I get a "larger room" at a Hilton as a diamond, and realize it's actually smaller than what I booked, I'll miss Hyatt. Some of these changes have me scratching my head though - I think most folks agree on the silly names.

Originally Posted by nihonto (Post 27402316)
Time for you to prove it Hyatt.

Agreed on that one. Crossing my fingers I don't have to switch programs.

JetAway Oct 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 27402506)
Sorry, this is FT, we take these things seriously. :)

Yea, I'm embarrassed at my own reaction to this. In the bigger scheme of things it's a "so what?"

notquiteaff Oct 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jayer (Post 27402250)
The hipster people in the video are too young a demographic and would likely to choose something more trendy. Put on a black suit and wander around an Andaz lobby with a tablet maybe.

Seriously, I can't believe they spent money on this video. What a waste of money. And waste of time for me to watch it.

CubsGirl Oct 27, 2016 8:32 pm

That video was terrible and what moronic names for elite levels!

Perhaps those were intended to distract us so that we don't notice that they are gutting the whole program. Seems to be only one real status level going forward; it's called: Less Than Before ("LTB" for short).

Guess that works both ways: I'll have LTB status and stay at Hyatt less than before.

Wait, did I just read an article in The Onion?

notquiteaff Oct 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by nihonto (Post 27402316)
Sorry no. I was at 59 nights when this announcement came out and I booked one more since it would me at the top just in case.

Now, finding out the stuff about no suite upgrades, this was the primary reason I liked this program. What the dumb people don't know who run the program is that every time you get one of these "best room" guarantees you don't get it.

Those 59 Nights already qualified you for Globalist since you requalified for Diamond. No need to book another night.

As for no suite upgrades, did you miss that the four DSUs are still given to Globalists?

380Flyer Oct 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Any impact on existing Lifetime Diamond members? Will the new program have Lifetime status?

notquiteaff Oct 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by 380Flyer (Post 27402554)
Any impact on existing Lifetime Diamond members? Will the new program have Lifetime status?

Yes, apparently existing LT Diamonds will be LT globalizers, per a certain though leader/card hawker. :) http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....usly-reported/

84fiero Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Does Hyatt realize that "globalist" has some very particular ideological and political connotations (occasionally a bit extreme)? I don't mean to get into political debate here of course, so I won't elaborate but it's not really an obscure reference. And it's a term which some groups of people get fairly "excited" about one way or another. I would have thought that a company would try to use a nomenclature that is non-controversial like, oh, precious metals, gems, etc.

Do they not have access to Google in their marketing department?

svo242 Oct 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Who is on their marketing team?! The video and the new logo are both very unimpressive, IMO.

Some of the new benefits seem nice, but 60 paid nights to reach top status in a chain has that about 1/4 of the footprint of its competitors? Seems a little ridiculous to me. Marriott and Hilton also have higher night requirements, but they have huge portfolios AND count all award stays towards elite status.

pWei Oct 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 27402107)
I would guess that 60+ stays per year is a lower percentage than that . . . . Especially with Hyatt (as opposed to Hilton or Marriott).

Average was 40. And avg spend diamond was a quarter less than their tier requirement now. Hard to say without knowing the distribution, but I'd say a good fraction's being loped off into the new next lower tier.