FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
It certainly seems like other hotels are going to capitalize on this. I hope to see some status matches next week.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It certainly seems like other hotels are going to capitalize on this. I hope to see some status matches next week.

Geez here we go another status match. I stand by my statement let's see at the six month mark into 2017 and how many stay the course and work to qualification for 2018. Thats the real answer '
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
EXTREMELY salient points; I agree with them all! I'm an early 40s Diamond dude with almost 1MM lifetime points (400 base) at Hyatt. I'm a bit embarrassed with all of this. To think I convinced my in-laws to get the credit card...how am I going to explain this crap???

Originally Posted by nihonto
This makes me want to barf.

Whenever companies want to devalue they restructure so much of the program to pull the wool over their customer's eyes. Air Canada did this when moving from certs, changed so many things thinking it would obfuscate the devaluations.

Gold Passport won at Freddies how many times? Many.

OK LETS GO FIX THE THING THAT AIN'T BROKE

Always works out well.

But the icing on the cake is the ridiculous tier naming. Surely they had a focus group. A focus group of pure morons.

Globalist? I mean really? In a world that is TRYING TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST GLOBALISM ... now I'm a GLOBALIST?

Thanks guys. Thanks.

If you had an F1 race car driver you'd change his status to "racist" too without even thinking about it.

This needs a serious rethink and fix FAST. Who designs these things? Is it the interns? I don't know. I think so. That's how it gets filled with all this aspirational BS.

If someone stays 60 nights in a hotel they don't want this handwaving BS crap. They want a clean room, an upgrade, they want no nonsense, help if there is an emergency and otherwise to just have nothing go wrong. That's it. No aspirational crap needs to be shoveled on top of it.

Way to put a bullet in the best program out there guys.

Lastly: Aeroplan tried to do this a while back with Aeroplan Distinction. Their geniuses came up with dSilver dBlack and dDiamond as the new tier names. Of course it made them sound like stuttering nincompoops.

And we called the program names Di-stink-shun. Those stupid tier names lasted two years and now they are back to Silver, Black, Diamond (still stupid because none of them follow a clear theme).

I am a Hyatt Globalist Member. What does that mean. I don't know except it means I want corporations to run rampant over the globe destroying everything and overriding local laws while stashing all their profits in safe havens and demanding tax advantages to locate businesses that employ minimum wage.

I knew what it was to be a Hyatt Diamond Member with Gold Passport.

Really guys. Put the brakes on. You could have emailed a survey to your Diamond members and we would have told you WHEN YOU WERE BEING IDIOTS. And saved you from this embarrassment.

We know.

We are the other half of your system. You make the product, we consume it. In many cases we know it much, much better than you.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Well, that's Hyatt out of picture here.

60 nights ? With Hyatt's limted footprint? 25 was a challenge - unless you travel in rural US all the time & stay at HP's @ 50$/night. Guess this is the customer Hyatt wants to keep.

And the tier names - accountants trying to be cool, eh ? Any person with little education and self-respect would be ashamed to say "I'm a Globalist" (or any other tier)

I will remain with SPG until it dies in 2018. Then it's HHonors for cheap/mid hotels and Amex FHR/Virtuoso for better ones. HHonors changes too ? No problem, will use cheap third-party sites for the cheap/mid hotels.Saved money fully offsets limited benefts one gets there.

Hotels are trying to follow airlines and ruin the FF programs. When airlines did this - I (and all my friends) started to simply buy C/F tickets based on best price and quality. Result - I didn't bought an AA premium ticket in last 2 years, while before I was doing this all the time.

Good luck, Hyatt. Somehow I'm sure "managers" that invented this will get out with good bonuses before s-h-i-t hits the fan...

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep seeing it and it's finally sinking in: Amex FHR and Virtuoso will make more and more sense here for those of us who care about breakfast.

Ironically, at the high-end properties where this matters, we'll all still be getting roughly the same room and breakfast for the same price as under the old system, but Hyatt will have to pay a commission to FHR and Virtuoso.

Hyatt loses in that scenario, plus I won't bother with Hyatt Place/House as much. So they lose there too.

Until they pull the good hotels from FHR and Virtuoso . . .
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:27 pm

I am probably going to shift my stays over to virtuoso, never used it before can someone enlighten me on how to use it? I am an 80+ nighter but I like to spread my stays around given the limited footprint. Hyatt just lost my business.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Mommypoints is wrong, which is why I never read blogs.

The new program starts on Jan 1 for qualification only. In other words, we keep our benefits until 2/28 (or is it mid march) but for requalification, it starts on Jan 1.
From her blog, Summer mentions this came from Hyatt people while she is in Chicago (see comment at October 28, 2016 at 5:24 pm). Also the World of Hyatt program actually launches Mar 1, not Jan 1 per their website,
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by neuron
From her blog, Summer mentions this came from Hyatt people while she is in Chicago (see comment at October 28, 2016 at 5:24 pm). Also the World of Hyatt program actually launches Mar 1, not Jan 1 per their website,
I think we all figured that out, qualifications always begin on 1/1/ through 12/31
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I think we all figured that out, qualifications always begin on 1/1/ through 12/31
Yes, if you are qualifying for Globalist, you would need to have 60+ for the full 12 month period. I did not argue anything to the contrary. The point was the 2 month period where GP still exists.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:35 pm

Briefly thought about doing that -- but I think i'd rather just buy a suite + breakfast included and call it a day. 25 stays in two months is not worth the time + effort (and probably the money spent depending on where you live or work).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
^I like your name, Glob. That's what I am going to call myself from now on.

"Hello, this is Mr. X, I am a Hyatt Glob and want to see if I can apply a GSU to an upcoming stay."
Pronounced glaab or globe?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by neuron
Yes, if you are qualifying for Globalist, you would need to have 60+ for the full 12 month period. I did not argue anything to the contrary. The point was the 2 month period where GP still exists.

You are correct. I actually talked to a Hyatt FB Customer service rep, here is her reply (see below).

Therefore, for those who are already qualified for 2018, just do the mattress run before 2017 March.

i am just wondering if after the re-qual for diamond and if I continue to stay 5 more nights, will that get me the explorist status till 2020?
Attached Images  

Last edited by yfchen0520; Oct 30, 2016 at 5:03 pm Reason: adding another question.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

"I am your Hyatt Glob"
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Pronounced glaab or globe?
Definitely glaab, as in a lump of a semiliquid substance. Like "blob".
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
One thing I don't understand is if by having already qualified for Diamond in 2017 earlier this year, will I still get four DSU's to use in 2017. Anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.