Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Parking benefits are another weak spot of WoH. Globalists will get complimentary parking on free night awards at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts with parking that can be charged to the guest's room. Unfortunately, Globalists will have to pay Hyatt for parking on all other occasions. Explorist, Discoverist, and Members don't appear to have any parking benefits.

In contrast to Hyatt, Mlife offers the following parking benefits:

Self-parking is complimentary for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR Mlife Rewards Members.
Valet-parking is complimentary for Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members.

Considering that Hyatt matches status to several Mlife levels, it would be nice to see similar parking benefits at Hyatt hotels.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:06 pm

yeah sure, free ~$50 day parking for the 20% of weekday guests at center city properties is totally reasonable
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:25 pm

For you smug to be globalists out there... don't think all properties will always honor the new "upgrade to suite subject to availability at checkin" supposed perk.

Say you checkin Monday for checkout Wednesday. Suite is unsold for Monday night. But is sold for Tuesday night. You will NOT get the suite (so I found out how this works).

It's a fake perk.

Even if the suite is unsold for Tuesday night, the hotel could say "this is a period of current high occupancy, we EXPECT the suite to be sold hence cannot upgrade you."
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
So, an ex road warrior. In the past, carried HH-Diamond, SPG-Plt, and HGP-Diamond, all based on stays. I never spent more than 2 nights in a property unless it was a vacation or a business meeting. MANY times I went out of my way to stay where I needed to for the status or the promo.

With all the devals in the past, I dropped HH-D, kept gold by AMEX. I will have LT-SPG-plt in 2017. I had chosen SPG as my longterm lifetime status since I found it easy to get.

HGP was my favorite. I have spent many nights in HP and HH. I also have spent many nights driving 30 minutes to get to the only HGP property. My business, my spend. I am 5 nights from diamond (or whatever) requal for next year.

I found the changes to DSU last year to be devious and underhanded. You have truly gutted what was the premier program. Who cares who won Freddies, when I was on vacation and needed or wanted to relax, it was ALWAYS Hyatt. These changes are useless.

I will miss it. We will take our typical Christmas DC trip. I will use my DSU for this year. I will burn points in 2017, hard. I am already dreading the Marriott changes they will shove down our throat.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by conde
Parking benefits are another weak spot of WoH. Globalists will get complimentary parking on free night awards at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts with parking that can be charged to the guest's room. Unfortunately, Globalists will have to pay Hyatt for parking on all other occasions. Explorist, Discoverist, and Members don't appear to have any parking benefits.

In contrast to Hyatt, Mlife offers the following parking benefits:

Self-parking is complimentary for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR Mlife Rewards Members.
Valet-parking is complimentary for Gold, Platinum and NOIR M life Rewards Members.

Considering that Hyatt matches status to several Mlife levels, it would be nice to see similar parking benefits at Hyatt hotels.
What's happening here is the new, more profit-driven Hyatt knows that a lot of paid stays end up on expense reports where parking charges don't mean much to the guest. Award stays tend to be stays where parking comes out of our own pockets.

Same with resort fees.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
"Why doesn’t World of Hyatt offer a welcome amenity for Globalists?

Based on feedback from guests, World of Hyatt focuses on benefits that are most valued, including room upgrades and free nights."

That's a bunch of malarkey

Definitely have to revisit my relationship with SPG/Marriott as I already have SPG LT Plat status.
If guests don't want welcome amenities, then why is Hyatt insulting Courtesy Card members by giving it to them?

Originally Posted by tfung
Pulled this from the new site... Seems about the same as the Globalist, although the upgrade to all suites part is better, and the "amenities" at check in...

Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Say you checkin Monday for checkout Wednesday. Suite is unsold for Monday night. But is sold for Tuesday night. You will NOT get the suite (so I found out how this works).

It's a fake perk.
Of course the suite has to be available for the entire stay. How could you expect otherwise? I suspect it will work the same as it does for SPG Platinums, and that's worked quite well for me for years.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by corpgator
I really hate when businesses make up stupid words. Explorer and Discoverer are real words and don't sound so dumb, although I still wouldn't use Discoverer. As far as Globalist, well that's even worse considering it's real meaning. Not that being a Globalist is bad, just that you shouldn't take already existing words and try to change their meaning.
I guess they just weren't satisfied with Elitist.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
But Hyatt doesn't have a property in small cities such as Harrisburg PA (7 MR properties within 5 miles of the city center) or even a full service property by the Austin Arboretum neighborhood (MR/SPG have about four there).
This is my problem precisely. It is far easier for me to give Marriott 75 nights than it is to give Hyatt 60. Though I prefer Hyatt properties, I too often find myself in places where there's no Hyatt a reasonable distance away. Looking at my next three business trips, only one has a Hyatt nearby. And it's not just in the middle of nowhere, either; Hyatt is missing in action in a lot of decently large cities and even at major domestic hub airports. Even where there is a viable Hyatt option, I often end up driving past two Marriotts or two Hiltons to get to it.

Hyatt being the only major chain to still not count reward nights toward status doesn't help this any, either. And there's still no status incentive for anyone who actually stays in the hotel to have the credit card -- it just gives me status I would already get through stays.

I can live with either a limited network of hotels, /or/ a high stay requirement for status qualification, but not both.

I'm on the fence about qualifying for Globalist for 2017 -- Diamond was going to require a stretch for me anyway, as my travels have taken me to a lot of Hyatt-free areas this year.

Unless Marriott and SPG's combined program is significantly devalued, though, I'm facing a world where (given credit card spend) I can more easily reach top tier in both Hilton and Marriott's programs than in just Hyatt's. And that's going to be hard for me to justify.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
For you smug to be globalists out there... don't think all properties will always honor the new "upgrade to suite subject to availability at checkin" supposed perk.

It's a fake perk.

Even if the suite is unsold for Tuesday night, the hotel could say "this is a period of current high occupancy, we EXPECT the suite to be sold hence cannot upgrade you."

Oh I have no illusions regarding suites having been Diamond for many years. There are properties out there like Maui and the HR on Oahu who don't give a $#$% who you are when it comes to upgrades. I have had Maui Andaz just disregard a long standing standing reservation for a suite upgrade! It took me going online and cancelling six business trip reservations to straighten it out !!

So I don't think there is a reader here that buys into that.

What about the people that bought into the promise of PLT status with the CC?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If guests don't want welcome amenities, then why is Hyatt insulting Courtesy Card members by giving it to them?
+1
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I actually prefer Marriott. I plan many of my own events.. you ask Marriott to jump, they ask how high... Hyatt, how much can you pay. At Marriott I know all the sales personnel in the SF and NYC area by first name, at Hyatt, staff changes more often that I change my underwear.

Marriott is worth 75 nights a year for elite status, much larger foot print, better locations. Hyatt is not worth 60 nights, poor foot print in Europe, Africa, South America, Australia, Latin America and in many parts of North America.

For someone who plans events, blocks 40 - 100+ rooms for events, Marriott has taken good care of me.... Hyatt is hit and miss.

Originally Posted by dtremit
This is my problem precisely. It is far easier for me to give Marriott 75 nights than it is to give Hyatt 60. Though I prefer Hyatt properties, .
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:37 pm

"Why doesn’t World of Hyatt offer a welcome amenity for Globalists?

Based on feedback from guests, World of Hyatt focuses on benefits that are most valued, including room upgrades and free nights."

I have never met a Diamond who doesn't think the 1,000 points as welcome amenity to be "not of value".

Stop thinking that your customers would buy in to your spin, Jeff Zidell. This is just insulting.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hailstorm
To be fair to Hyatt, not that they deserve it now, they didn't say guests don't welcome that amenity. They said they are focused on specific ones they allege guests want the most.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
What's with all the negativity, I'm so excited about this new "Word of Hyatt" program... it's everything I wanted!!!

NOT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.