FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sapguy
Very interesting post from Travis of One Mile At A Time!
you know everyone share a few things in common and one are opinions. For those that sole base their stays on points / freebies then the article has a valid point, there are others myself included base my loyalty not so much on points but how I am treated, comfort and flexibility. Note I do travel internationally and that's where Hyatt really shines over say Marriott / Hilton, in my opinion. But I am entitled to that.

Now on the flip side what is bothering me a bit is their new marketing moves in this "whole world" and targeted at Millennials who don't spend money like the older generations. Hotels are in the business of selling rooms not morality,.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Legitimate question -- does free parking extend to points & cash stays?

P&C stays count as "full" stays for stay credit, but they are in my opinion still award redemptions -- haven't scoured the terms to see if it clarifies either way.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I'll preliminarily answer my own question -- looks like parking applies to "Free Night Awards," but the terms and conditions in at least a couple of places (unrelated to the parking benefit) make reference to "Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award."

Based on that, assuming Hyatt meant for "Free Night Award" in the parking paragraph (Appendix C, Paragraph III(n)) to mean only full-points nights, it would seem that the free parking does not extent to Points & Cash Awards.

I may find out this weekend.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
It's not the snake bite that kills you, its chasing the serpent that drives the venom to the heart.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
It's not the snake bite that kills you, its chasing the serpent that drives the venom to the heart.
well one more day then we will be Globalist. And then the rubber hits the road.

I'm in
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Getting my last 500 Diamond bonus points this week.... Ought to be interesting since I check out after WoH starts. How many bets on it not posting and me getting the 50% retro bonus?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would venture a guess that GP will tell you the stay counts at checkout and that you will NOT get any points.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Getting my last 500 Diamond bonus points this week.... Ought to be interesting since I check out after WoH starts. How many bets on it not posting and me getting the 50% retro bonus?
I'm in the same shoes...but it reminds me, that I can take the Hyatt Diamond Line off my speed dial now!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:34 am

Earlier mention was made of training hotel staff were receiving for WOH. What kind of training would that be other than a caution not to offer a welcome amenity to Globalists (nor to call the "Diamonds")?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would bet it takes some serious training for employees to utter the status levels with a straight face, or to tell people that that suite still is reserved for someone else, or that parking cannot be charged, or that breakfast is now for 2 only, or......

It's quite a big change, and front-end staff should know the rules and ways around them.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone else concerned how the website is going to handle the change over? Was just looking at "My Account" page and there is an awful lot of stuff that is theoretically going to change tomorrow.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone else concerned how the website is going to handle the change over? Was just looking at "My Account" page and there is an awful lot of stuff that is theoretically going to change tomorrow.
Yes.

I'm doing my bookings today in prep for the switchover.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Anyone knows what time (and which time zone) the switch will happen?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:43 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by rooivalk
Anyone knows what time (and which time zone) the switch will happen?

​​​​​​​I think their datacentre is in Omaha, Nebraska, so I presume at midnight local time Omaha.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
​​​​​​​I think their datacentre is in Omaha, Nebraska, so I presume at midnight local time Omaha.
correct two shifts day/swing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.