World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 23, 17, 3:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hyatt Diamond very rarely got me upgrades to suites at full-service Hyatts unless it involved having to pay extra in some form. There were some properties that were/are exceptions, but all of those were mainly ones where I had a lot of repeat one-night stays.

My rate of suite upgrade for no additional charge is much better at Starwood and Marriott full-service properties (as and SPG and Marriott elite) than it has been/is at Hyatt as Diamond.

WOH is unlikely to make things any better for me, so Hyatt will see more of my point-burning stays than regular paid stays and Hyatt will get less money out of me than it would with GoldPassport.
Old Feb 23, 17, 5:31 am

Staying at the Hyatt centric times square now, looks like they just received their WoH training. When I checked in they asked me what I thought of the program, I told them that I was skeptical that the suite upgrades would work as advertised. They assured me that every time I stayed here that I would be upgraded to a suite. I was upgraded to one for this stay....We will see if they continue this trend.
Old Feb 23, 17, 5:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
Staying at the Hyatt centric times square now, looks like they just received their WoH training. When I checked in they asked me what I thought of the program, I told them that I was skeptical that the suite upgrades would work as advertised. They assured me that every time I stayed here that I would be upgraded to a suite. I was upgraded to one for this stay....We will see if they continue this trend.
It's good to know that there is training. My first stays are not for a couple of weeks after launch when we should all know what we're dealing with.

Looks like no last minute change of heart on the requal criteria which is a shame, and no introduction of a stay based criteria either.
Old Feb 23, 17, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
It's good to know that there is training. My first stays are not for a couple of weeks after launch when we should all know what we're dealing with.

Looks like no last minute change of heart on the requal criteria which is a shame, and no introduction of a stay based criteria either.
Two weeks ago I stayed at GH KL and the lounge staff who checked me in inquired about my thoughts and discussed the upcoming program with me. They had already received their training.
Old Feb 23, 17, 7:16 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 141park View Post
I too reached 25 stays and received 4 DSU's that expire 02-28-2017. Was told will get 4 more once transitioned to Globalist.

My current profile shows Diamond through 02-2019 but can only assume will be Globalist through 2019
Where on the Hyatt site can you see when your Diamond status is good through? I used to be able to see it on the "old" site but on the "new" site (which started sometime last year, still pre-WOH) I don't see the tier-expiration information anymore.
Old Feb 23, 17, 7:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The GP landing page shows all the details....on the left the expiration of your status is just below your name/number.
Old Feb 23, 17, 8:35 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by 236Dakota View Post
With Hilton Diamond I've had 80% of my stays upgraded to suites.
I doubt that would have happened with Gold.
Have we found the elusive DCS ? Explorist for 50k spend on a CC is pretty much useless. The free cat 1-4 night though is well worth the annual fee.
Old Feb 23, 17, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
They assured me that every time I stayed here that I would be upgraded to a suite. I was upgraded to one for this stay....We will see if they continue this trend.
Huh. GH San Francisco passed on the opportunity to give me a free suite upgrade yesterday. They wouldn't even let me use an expiring DSU for a suite (Executive City View) that costs $10/night more than their "base level" Executive Suite.
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Di
Going to PH and andaz tokyo in april, should be interesting. I've been upgraded to a suite as a Platinum before, so have high hopes.
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:19 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Andaz Tokyo only has a few suites and they are very expensive. You cannot use DSUs at this property. It would be extraordinary if the hotel gave a suite to a Plat.
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Do you think Exploder status has the best perks (or at least perks so much better than Honors Gold that you are willing to put 50k spend on the card)?
Nope. Hyatt is all about top tier which is only getting more valuable (and harder to achieve).

Hilton gold is the most practical mid level since one can easily get it from cc or promos...
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post

In addition, it has recently become very difficult for me to use my DSUs, so much so, that I have 4 expiring in a week. As well as being unable to use my cat 4 free night from last year-It's not for lack of trying, I stayed 67 nights at primarily international Hyatt properties last year.
YMMV
They are adressing this by reducing the number of dia.. i mean globaloids. While most chains took a path of diluting top tier by giving it away hyatt is trying to build some exclusivity or so i hope...
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged View Post
Going to PH and andaz tokyo in april, should be interesting. I've been upgraded to a suite as a Platinum before, so have high hopes.
During Cherry Blossom season, I expect zero upgrades, even as a Diamond. HR sold out, I'm seeing rates at the Grand starting at $1000 a night.
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
They are adressing this by reducing the number of dia.. i mean globaloids. While most chains took a path of diluting top tier by giving it away hyatt is trying to build some exclusivity or so i hope...
I predict most Hyatt lounges will turn into mini-USA exclaves abroad. Almost impossible to be diamond when your home country has one property. @:-)

With one year of glob + soft to explorist I won't be saddened too much. Just earn and burn.
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:58 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler View Post
I predict most Hyatt lounges will turn into mini-USA exclaves abroad.
That's a feature, not a bug.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: