World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 22, 17, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
As I posted this was told to me at checkin yesterday at a property I stay at 15 times a year.
I guess it might be property-specific. Just as some offer restaurant breakfast, while some only give lounge breakfast. Officially, the welcome amenity is gone, but I appreciate if some hotels keep them, which is a very good gesture.
Old Feb 22, 17, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Suite upgrades and promotional awards will be transferable

Just heard this from Hyatt today. A nice enhancement! Assume this is for both Courtesy Card and Globalist.

Was also told that the Cat 1-4 award @50k base points can be converted to a suite upgrade upon request.
Old Feb 22, 17, 3:10 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Just heard this from Hyatt today. A nice enhancement! Assume this is for both Courtesy Card and Globalist.

Was also told that the Cat 1-4 award @50k base points can be converted to a suite upgrade upon request.
Source? Seems to good to be true. Still got one left, and now feel bad blowing a one night stay upgrade.
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:04 pm

Why are all the blogs exploding with the "news" that $50K spend on the Chase HyCard gets you Explorist? Didn't we all know that months ago?
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Why are all the blogs exploding with the "news" that $50K spend on the Chase HyCard gets you Explorist? Didn't we all know that months ago?
Yes, but it apparently wasn't as exciting months ago. They need to find a way to push the credit card and rehashing the same story people probably forgot about is one way to do it.
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Oh, how exciting!

Glad I don't read those blogs anymore.

(and yes on the "we knew for months". and yes on the card pimping)
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
And only 40K spend on the Hilton Surpass card gets you Diamond. The 50K spend comp to Exploderist is the lousiest perk of all of the major hotel-affiliated cards. That's why I cancelled my Hyatt card and went to the CSR, where you get the same points for stays at Hyatt, but you also get a basket of valuable and useful goodies way better than a lousy cat 4 free night.
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
And only 40K spend on the Hilton Surpass card gets you Diamond. The 50K spend comp to Exploderist is the lousiest perk of all of the major hotel-affiliated cards. That's why I cancelled my Hyatt card and went to the CSR, where you get the same points for stays at Hyatt, but you also get a basket of valuable and useful goodies way better than a lousy cat 4 free night.
Or even better, spend $0k on the Surpass card and get Honors Gold, which beats Exploder status IMO.
Old Feb 22, 17, 7:38 pm

And only 40K spend on the Hilton Surpass card gets you Diamond. ...
Which offers very little over gold.
Hyatt set the bar high but offers the best perks. Lets see if they can manage to keep it up without dilution or giveaways...
Old Feb 22, 17, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Hyatt set the bar high but offers the best perks. Lets see if they can manage to keep it up without dilution or giveaways...
Do you think Exploder status has the best perks (or at least perks so much better than Honors Gold that you are willing to put 50k spend on the card)?
Old Feb 22, 17, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
With Hilton Diamond I've had 80% of my stays upgraded to suites.
I doubt that would have happened with Gold.
Old Feb 22, 17, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Or even better, spend $0k on the Surpass card and get Honors Gold, which beats Exploder status IMO.
That's not even a close call.
Old Feb 22, 17, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
I respectfully disagree.

My experience in Asia is that Hilton Diamonds are better treated than Hyatt Diamonds. In addition, the Hilton clubs are now significantly better than at equivalent Hyatt properties. For instance, I have been staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo 2 to 3 times per year since 1992, when it was the Century Hyatt, and have noticed the gradual degradation in the club and the benefits to where the Hilton across the street is now far superior. I have had similar experiences with many other Asian properties and, since I am Diamond in both programs, I have had lots of opportunities for comparison.

In addition, it has recently become very difficult for me to use my DSUs, so much so, that I have 4 expiring in a week. As well as being unable to use my cat 4 free night from last year-It's not for lack of trying, I stayed 67 nights at primarily international Hyatt properties last year.

My biggest problem with WOH, however, is that Exploder benefits are so terrible in comparison to Hilton Gold and Marriott Gold. And, as a lowly Marriott Gold, I have already received 3 free suite upgrades in less than a year in Asia, where I have never received even one from Hyatt, as a 15+ year Diamond, unless I used a DSU.

YMMV
Old Feb 22, 17, 10:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I just got confirmation from diamond line (what ever that is worth anymore)
Following 100k base points in 2017 That I will get 4 DSU + 1 Free cat 1-7 night for 2016-2017 program "comped globalist" status as of March 1 2017

additionally I will get 4 DSU + 1 cat 1-7 for 2017-2018 program for earning it based on new program within a "few" weeks of the program launching on March 1 2017.

I suspect this will be the same for all folks who qualified on 25 stays.

This should be true for stays or nights or points I would imagine?

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
It's rather simple....

1. Once you qualified as Diamond you got 4 DSU's.
2. As a "gesture" they will give everyone who qualified for Diamond for this year Globalist status and 4 DSU's on March 1st 2017.
3. To get 4 DSU's in March 2018 you need 60 qualifying nights in 2017.
Old Feb 22, 17, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And, as a lowly Marriott Gold, I have already received 3 free suite upgrades in less than a year in Asia, where I have never received even one from Hyatt, as a 15+ year Diamond, unless I used a DSU.
I used to love the idea of Hyatt's "best available room" guaranty, but now I'm mostly just tired of fighting with front desk staff about crappy room assignments. And it's only going to get worse under WoH with all the weasel words they've added to the T&C.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: