Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Rusdude
I am sure road warriors COULD use a certificate for a random stay but many/most have work stays covered paid for by their employer/client and would want to save free nights/points for vacations and, especially for a Cat. 1-7 award, use it for high-end properties.
In addition, twice in the last 12 months, I have tried to use a free night cert by tacking it onto a paid business trip and have been unsuccessful. They are not as easy to use as advertised because the properties are limiting their use through inventory management schemes, at least in Asia. I've not tried to use any in the US.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I got no email from hyatt.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:15 am

Explorist:
"Receive 4 Club lounge access awards redeemable at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts at the time of reservation. Enjoy continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres daily in a Club lounge. (valid for one year from issuance when paying an eligible rate or when redeeming points for a free night award)"

Does anyone know if these awards are valid on C+P reservations as well? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They are... read the T&C's for all the details.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Put me in the confused camp.

I did not hit Diamond in 2016 - travel patterns didn't work in my favor. But boy howdy earned 29 stays so far this year, and Hyatt has awarded me Diamond through Feb 28 2019 (says so in my account!).

Yesterday received email announcing my "Explorist" status effective 3/1/17.

Argh. What a mess.

Ultimately it's not going to change the trajectory of my life, but you kinda wish your vendors had their **** together.

Good thing I like Hyatt. We'll see how long that lasts.

Same here. Diamond through 02/28/19 but received email that I have the Hyatt card and have Discoverist status. I assume they will go in manually to switch to Globalist since status was just earned in 2017

Mobile App shows Diamond through 02/28/19
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just got an email over Jeff Zidell's signature with an ugly picture/logo: Welcome to WOH Globalist Membership.
I rarely get any emails from Hyatt except for the standard spam - 'book direct through our website.'

I've opted into everything multiple times. I've even disenrolled and then enrolled again a few times. I still don't get statements or any valuable emails from Hyatt. I gave up on getting the type of email you got a while ago - that top notch IT team at Hyatt is the best ever.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Is this true?

I thought the new rules allow using DSUs on award nights

Does this mean they can only be used on points award nights on not on this Cat 1-7 free night that they're giving out for transition to Glob?

Still have not received the gd email
Originally Posted by woresu
Correct. Points award only.
Well that throws a wrench into my plans. I've got a 7 night pts stay booked at the GH Kauai. Trying to apply a DSU once they become available. Figured I'd convert one of the pts nights to the Globalist Cat1-7 cert when I get it, but that would invalidate the ability to use the DSU....

Also have a 2 night at the HR Waikiki (only a Cat 5), but again, would like to throw a DSU at it making it not possible to use the Cat1-7 cert...

Grrr
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
WoH reminds me of reviews of the movie La La Land. People rate it a 10 and definitely a shoe in for the Oscar or a 1, worst movie ever and way over-rated.

I'm a flying pig apparently
Zoolander 2, not La La Land. Most people rate WoH a 1.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It isn't a benefit of Globalists.

Check out https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...-benefits.html

No DSUs in the Globalist table. Scroll down to "More Rewards Await" and you see that it's an award for reaching 60 nights. Which then also unlocks the "qualify for Globalist for only 55 nights" benefit. Which, if you take advantage of that, doesn't get you DSUs.

Confused?
The e-mail that Pickles posted makes it very clear for Lifetime Globalists:
"Enjoy a free night in a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort and 4 suite upgrade awards each year." And there is no mention of it being a "gift".
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
The e-mail that Pickles posted makes it very clear for Lifetime Globalists:
"Enjoy a free night in a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort and 4 suite upgrade awards each year." And there is no mention of it being a "gift".
Despite what was predicted, I'm still a bit surprised that Hyatt is giving the annual cat 1-7 cert to Lifetime Diamonds. The four DSUs were part of the current lifetime program, so they shouldn't have been discontinued. Also, to the extent that Lifetime Diamonds had or could have had private line agents, the commitment to providing My Hyatt Concierge seems fair to me.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Despite what was predicted, I'm still a bit surprised that Hyatt is giving the annual cat 1-7 cert to Lifetime Diamonds. The four DSUs were part of the current lifetime program, so they shouldn't have been discontinued. Also, to the extent that Lifetime Diamonds had or could have had private line agents, the commitment to providing My Hyatt Concierge seems fair to me.
Finally in a few days this will all be over.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Finally in a few days this will all be over.
Then we'll just be trying to decipher the new program. It'll be like Groundhog Day.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Then we'll just be trying to decipher the new program. It'll be like Groundhog Day.
Maybe not. Hyatt may end up getting bought out sooner than later. Investors didn't seem to be too impressed with the latest earnings call.

On Hyatt's fourth quarter earnings release last Friday, Hyatt stock dropped 4.5%.

Here's the transcript from the conference call: http://seekingalpha.com/article/4046...nscript?page=1

(Seeking Alpha's free to join if you want to read all 14 pages)
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by itsallgood
They're seeing the most revenue growth in Hyatt House/Place, yet they want to become a high end hotel chain.
It's all in the definition..... when <5% of your properties have the PH or Andaz brand (45% is HR and 21% is HP/HH) you are anything but a high-end chain.
But it's all to what you compare yourself to.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by itsallgood
Maybe not. Hyatt may end up getting bought out sooner than later. Investors didn't seem to be too impressed with the latest earnings call.

On Hyatt's fourth quarter earnings release last Friday, Hyatt stock dropped 4.5%.

Here's the transcript from the conference call: http://seekingalpha.com/article/4046...nscript?page=1

(Seeking Alpha's free to join if you want to read all 14 pages)

Even if Hyatt is sold, that doesn't mean it's "loyalty" program is going away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.