Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Promised? Hmmm, didn't receive any email promising it to me. Perhaps its a standard promise system wide for all diamonds who lost status.
Not everything comes from an e-mail or the website. Soft landing was described by Jeff Zidell in his responses to Markie's questions, as previously reported in this thread.

Just like the free Cat 1-7 for all Globalists, which has now been confirmed in the e-mail that went out today.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The attached WoH chart pretty much explains it all. No, you don't get a free cert on March 1st, sorry.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just like the free Cat 1-7 for all Globalists, which has
now been confirmed in the e-mail that went out today.
So three separate agents, including a supervisor, gave me wrong information. Knock me over with a feather.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danger
So three separate agents, including a supervisor, gave me wrong information. Knock me over with a feather.
So the news is good. We get a free cat 1-7 on March 1st and 4 new DSU's as Globalist. Do we need to keep obsessing over Hyatt's incompetent communication around their new program? Yes, it appears so. I'm still liking all of it, well most of it. Got my email today, I'm all in.

How's SPG/Marriott treating all of you 25 stayers? Oh right, and paying with your money of course, because that is important.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Not everything comes from an e-mail or the website. Soft landing was described by Jeff Zidell in his responses to Markie's questions, as previously reported in this thread.
In this case, it was also specifically outlined on the website.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Promised? Hmmm, didn't receive any email promising it to me. Perhaps its a standard promise system wide for all diamonds who lost status.
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...ransition.html
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In this case, it was also specifically outlined on the website.

Just like the free Cat 1-7 for all Globalists, which has now been confirmed in the e-mail that went out today.
Well there it is, in black and white. Cool.

I don't know who Jeff Zidell or Markie is. And where or how would I know to listen to what they say? If they want to communicate with me about their program an email is the way to do it. I don't go visit Hyatt's website just looking for info. I only learned of WoH via an email - and had it not been for that I wouldn't even know of the change. Now luckily for me I sometimes pop onto FT and check areas to learn of promos and things like this. Sometimes. I generally stick to areas of FT that interest me (such as Starwood) but sometimes spread my wings a bit. However, in this case I didn't pop over to the Hyatt forum. Why would I? Nothing to see here usually. If a company has something to say... email is the way to announce it. Or DM for those that prefer.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
How's SPG/Marriott treating all of you 25 stayers?
Marriott is treating me very well, thank you so much for asking! Upgraded to park view suite at J.W. Essex House last night. That's three suite upgrades in a row as a Marriott/SPG Gold.

Stays are up this year and I might have made 60 nights with Hyatt, but that ship has sailed. Looking forward next to Boscolo Exedra in Budapest as I work on the Plat challenge.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Marriott is treating me very well, thank you so much for asking! Upgraded to park view suite at J.W. Essex House last night. That's three suite upgrades in a row as a Marriott/SPG Gold.

Stays are up this year and I might have made 60 nights with Hyatt, but that ship has sailed. Looking forward next to Boscolo Exedra in Budapest as I work on the Plat challenge.
I too have been treated very well by Marriott/SPG. It's been a lot more by-the-book than Hyatt, but much better than I expected.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
No email received here yet, but I'm glad to hear that the Cat 1-7 free night is a sure thing. It will make a nice "parting gift" for my last year as Dia/Glob. I look forward to maximising the value of my last 4 DSUs up through 28 Feb 2018 and for spring 2018 I am starting to plan some trips to places where there are no Hyatts. Actually pretty good timing for me, as I was running out of destinations we wanted to go where there were Hyatts.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TerryK
No, there are at least two who didn't receive this email. OTOH, I have not received GP monthly emails since late 2012 so nothing new. I learn about GP promotions right here on FT.
Add me to that list! I've checked every box to receive email from Hyatt, yet the only thing I receive is the booking confirmation/ cancellation emails.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have received nothing from hyatt except a promo for mexico.
I qualified diamond till 2/2018
Im in Australia maybe it takes a while to get over the seas.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have received nothing from hyatt except a promo for mexico.
I qualified diamond till 2/2018
Im in Australia maybe it takes a while to get over the seas.
or perhaps Australia is not part of the globalist realm.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Well there it is, in black and white. Cool.

I don't know who Jeff Zidell or Markie is. And where or how would I know to listen to what they say? If they want to communicate with me about their program an email is the way to do it. I don't go visit Hyatt's website just looking for info. I only learned of WoH via an email - and had it not been for that I wouldn't even know of the change. Now luckily for me I sometimes pop onto FT and check areas to learn of promos and things like this. Sometimes. I generally stick to areas of FT that interest me (such as Starwood) but sometimes spread my wings a bit. However, in this case I didn't pop over to the Hyatt forum. Why would I? Nothing to see here usually. If a company has something to say... email is the way to announce it. Or DM for those that prefer.
And your point is ?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That communicating directly with members now seems to be almost an afterthought for GP....
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm hoping for an SPG/Marriott match for us disaffected WoH members.

What's good for the goose . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.