Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Does anyone else think this the suite upgrade portion of the email was written in a weird way:

"This year, enjoy our gift...4 suite upgrade awards"

That implies to me that the suite upgrades is not a hard benefit of Globalist, going forward. Did anyone else read it that way...?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by moulder3
Does anyone else think this the suite upgrade portion of the email was written in a weird way:

That implies to me that the suite upgrades is not a hard benefit of Globalist, going forward. Did anyone else read it that way...?
I got that language in my email as well...does that mean that we will truly be gifted that certificate? meaning as of March 1st, it will be in our account?
My email also said...

"Receive a free night in a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort and 4 suite upgrade awards after staying 60 qualifying nights or earning 100,000 Base Points each calendar year. "

So this reads to me that I'm being gifted a category 1-7 hotel night and then I can earn one every year by re qualifying for Globalist every year...is that the way everyone interprets this?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by moulder3

It isn't a benefit of Globalists.

Check out https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...-benefits.html

No DSUs in the Globalist table. Scroll down to "More Rewards Await" and you see that it's an award for reaching 60 nights. Which then also unlocks the "qualify for Globalist for only 55 nights" benefit. Which, if you take advantage of that, doesn't get you DSUs.

Confused?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:56 pm

Question: the (4) club awards for Explorists...are they only valid at properties with a club lounge or can they be redeemed at any Hyatt (those without a lounge, for breakfast at least?)

I know it may be obvious to some that these are only valid at properties with a club lounge ... but to me the wording is just confusing and secretive.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Question: the (4) club awards for Explorists...are they only valid at properties with a club lounge or can they be redeemed at any Hyatt (those without a lounge, for breakfast at least?)

I know it may be obvious to some that these are only valid at properties with a club lounge ... but to me the wording is just confusing and secretive.
Only for club:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...erms.html#/IVC

"Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge"
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Only for club:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...erms.html#/IVC

"Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge"
Thank you !! That explains it.

^
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So I am now an Explorist. I was a Diamond member last year. Interestingly I didn't stay the required 30 nights or achieve the required points to earn Explorist and yet here I am, Explorist. Happy to have it of course. I really enjoy Hyatt and it has moved up the rankings above IHG & Hilton as my backup provider to Starwood/Marriott. Explorist level helps keep that true. Without it, it would have remained a tertiary provider. So the move definitely helps send some room nights Hyatt's way.

Anyone else get a level they didn't achieve?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I am now an Explorist. I was a Diamond member last year. Interestingly I didn't stay the required 30 nights or achieve the required points to earn Explorist and yet here I am, Explorist. Happy to have it of course. I really enjoy Hyatt and it has moved up the rankings above IHG & Hilton as my backup provider to Starwood/Marriott. Explorist level helps keep that true. Without it, it would have remained a tertiary provider. So the move definitely helps send some room nights Hyatt's way.

Anyone else get a level they didn't achieve?
Soft landing. I think that was promised.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
I had the same issue; e-mail said Explorist instead of Globalist. I called the Diamond line to ask, and the rep said (1) I will be "100%" Globalist based on what he can see in his system, and (2) he has heard lots of other people calling in to that call center about email showing the wrong status also.

My theory: maybe the e-mail was generated based on a date cutoff that was too early. I qualified for Diamond based on some stays that did not credit until January but counted for December.

Did you qualify late also?
yep, qualified late. Same thing as you -- some stay credits from December didn't post until January.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pickles
This is what my e-mail says:

Dear Pickles,

Welcome to World of Hyatt, where exceptional service comes standard and unforgettable experiences are always at your fingertips.

Your new loyalty program is a celebration of you and your journey. As a Lifetime Globalist, you will have access to our highest level of luxury – without having to requalify – as we welcome you around the world.

The program revolves around you and is yours to explore starting Ma.rch 1.

Here’s a highlight of the program and your benefits as a Lifetime Globalist:

Earn points

Earn points on qualifying nights, dining, spa experiences and more. Plus, get 30% Bonus Points on those purchases.

Use points with ease

Spend points on free nights (with no blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts), airline miles or car rental awards and share points with any World of Hyatt member.

Relax and unwind

Receive Club lounge access, including free breakfast.

Call on the experts

Ask your My Hyatt Concierge for recommendations, reservations or anything else you need – they'll be reaching out shortly.

Elevate your stay

Enjoy a free night in a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort and 4 suite upgrade awards each year.

Earn more rewards

Choose a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points after staying 70, 80, 90 and 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year.

So far 14 stays ( currently 14th night tonight) and 14 suites. Mostly jr but still suites
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edgewood49
So far 14 stays ( currently 14th night tonight) and 14 suites. Mostly jr but still suites
My email doesn't mention My Hyatt Concierge, although I have a private line agent.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Am I the only one who hasn't received the email? Will be globalist until 2018.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by staff
No, there are at least two who didn't receive this email. OTOH, I have not received GP monthly emails since late 2012 so nothing new. I learn about GP promotions right here on FT.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Soft landing. I think that was promised.
Promised? Hmmm, didn't receive any email promising it to me. Perhaps its a standard promise system wide for all diamonds who lost status.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by staff
I think they do the e-mails by batches? I haven't received mine either (also glob until 2018), but I usually get my e-mails from Hyatt about 1-2 days after everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.