World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 16, 17, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
WoH reminds me of reviews of the movie La La Land. People rate it a 10 and definitely a shoe in for the Oscar or a 1, worst movie ever and way over-rated.

I'm a flying pig apparently
Surprise - I have zero interest in seeing La La Land.

(don't care about Oscars... or Freddies)
Old Feb 16, 17, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
The attached WoH chart pretty much explains it all. No, you don't get a free cert on March 1st, sorry.
This chart relates to standard benefits, not transition benefits.
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Just got confirmation of WoH status. Was afraid it would be incorrect (I gained status through spend on Hyatt Credit Card, not through stays), but it was right. Given Hyatt's seeming ineptitude regarding this, has everybody else been confirmed for the level they thought they would?
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
Just got confirmation of WoH status. Was afraid it would be incorrect (I gained status through spend on Hyatt Credit Card, not through stays), but it was right. Given Hyatt's seeming ineptitude regarding this, has everybody else been confirmed for the level they thought they would?
How did you get confirmation? Email from a Hyatt? I haven received any update on WoH since the original announcement.
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got an email over Jeff Zidell's signature with an ugly picture/logo: Welcome to WOH Globalist Membership.

It says four suite upgrades and a cat 1-7 free night cert (BOTH with an expiration date of February 28, 2018 it says) are gifts at this time.

The email also confirms that the 60 nights for a cat 1-7 cert is per CALENDAR year while the cert (the email doesn't mention categories, but elsewhere Hyatt indicates that this is a cert for cat 1-5 only) for hitting five brands (no mention of the second one for ten different brands) starts March 1st. No mention of expiration dates for these items, but we know it will be a short 120 days.

Pretty much as expected, although I'd like clarification on whether Globs get a cat 1-5 cert after 30 nights in a calendar year or are only eligible for the cat 1-7 cert after 60 nights. It's not written very well and could be taken to imply that Globs get free breakfast only in hotels with lounges.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 17, 17 at 10:57 am Reason: Reading more closely
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
How did you get confirmation? Email from a Hyatt? I haven received any update on WoH since the original announcement.
yes, apologies, confirmation came via email from Hyatt
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:58 am

good news on the one-off Cat7 cert all globalists get on 03/01/2017 - good for a full-year until 02/28/2018.
Better than the 120 days expiration expected, as will be the case on the standard Cat7 cert globalists will get upon requal annually.

Old Feb 17, 17, 10:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No mention of the My Hyatt Concierge or whatever they're calling the apparent replacement for private line agents.
Old Feb 17, 17, 11:06 am

seems clearer (though not 100%) that 55 nights in 2018 will get you Globalist-lite only, without the 4 confirmed upgrades and with no Cat7 120-day-exp cert.
so, 55 is the not real number to hit annually -- it is 60 for full benefits.
Old Feb 17, 17, 11:13 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hmm... have not received this mysterious email yet. Of course, I never got a Diamond welcome package in the mail for either 2016 or 2017, either.
Old Feb 17, 17, 12:02 pm

My reading of the T&C is that if you renew Glob with 55 rather than 60 nights, you don't get the four "DSU"s or a "private line agent." You would have the horrible title, free upgrades at check in, lounge access (or breakfast), no resort fees, and free parking on award stays only. We could call it GlobMinus, just like SPG Plat at 25 stays is sometimes called PlatMinus. Maybe GlobEx (between Glob and Explorerer) would be a better term.
Old Feb 17, 17, 12:19 pm

Don't know what to make of this, but just got an email titled "Welcome to World of Hyatt Explorist Membership" and outlines on the benefits.

I re-upped for Diamond last year (through Feb 2018). We're supposed be migrated to Globalist, right? Maybe a glitch? Maybe not

Le sigh, so much for a smooth transition. Hyatt twitter support, here I come.
Old Feb 17, 17, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
My reading of the T&C is that if you renew Glob with 55 rather than 60 nights, you don't get the four "DSU"s or a "private line agent." You would have the horrible title, free upgrades at check in, lounge access (or breakfast), no resort fees, and free parking on award stays only. We could call it GlobMinus, just like SPG Plat at 25 stays is sometimes called PlatMinus. Maybe GlobEx (between Glob and Explorerer) would be a better term.
My reading of the bottom part of the screenshot above (below the line) is that you need 60 nights to maintain Globalist status.
Old Feb 17, 17, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
My reading of the bottom part of the screenshot above (below the line) is that you need 60 nights to maintain Globalist status.
There's also a published rule that if you once qualify with 60 nights, you can renew Glob in consecutive years with 55 nights.
Old Feb 17, 17, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's also a published rule that if you once qualify with 60 nights, you can renew Glob in consecutive years with 55 nights.
Ah, yes, I recall that now.

So this year everyone (except those who reached Diamond again by end of HGP) needs to reach 60 to be Glob next year.

And everyone who just reads this message today but not FT or the T&C -- 95% of Diamonds, I would guess -- will not know about the 55 rule.

Why the heck do they make it damn complicated?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: