World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 16, 17, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger View Post
According to a Diamond agent, four DSUs will be deposited on 1 March but the free night certificate is only awarded after achieving 60 nights or 100k base points.
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It's been repeatedly stated in various fora that all "Globalists" will receive a Cat 1-7 certificate on March 1.
I phoned the Diamond line again a short time ago and asked if top tiers receive a free night certificate on 1 March. The agent had me on hold for 11 minutes while he got advice. When he returned he said "We believe you have to earn that as well; it's not automatic".

I did find mention of the free night on OMAAT. I don't understand why agents aren't clear on this. World of Hurt was announced several weeks ago and starts in two.
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't understand why agents aren't clear on this. World of Hurt was announced several weeks ago and starts in two.
They still can't get the rules right on DSU inventory for C&P stays so I'm not especially surprised.
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
They still can't get the rules right on DSU inventory for C&P stays so I'm not especially surprised.
The attached WoH chart pretty much explains it all. No, you don't get a free cert on March 1st, sorry.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:42 am

I phoned the Diamond line again a short time ago and asked if top tiers receive a free night certificate on 1 March. The agent had me on hold for 11 minutes while he got advice. When he returned he said "We believe you have to earn that as well; it's not automatic".

I did find mention of the free night on OMAAT. I don't understand why agents aren't clear on this. World of Hurt was announced several weeks ago and starts in two.
Let's see.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post27772703

The last set of questions were sent to Hyatt only yesterday [January 16, 2017]. Here are their replies:

1.Scenario - you will requalify for diamond with 50 nights Jan – Feb 2017. So that make me globalist through end of Feb 2019. My question is, that will bring me to globalist, but will I still get the free cat 1-4 explorist certificate since I will have met the 30 nights? That part is confusing to me. Thanks.

Answer: The “More Benefits Await” free night awards for reaching 30 and 60 nights are new benefits as of March 1, 2017 so reaching these night thresholds in January and February will not earn you these nights. However, all Globalists at transition will receive a free Cat 1-7 free night award to welcome you to our new top tier. Also, if you reach 60 nights post-March 1, you will receive another Cat 1-7 free night award.
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Yep as long as you re qualify 60 nights then 55 after that .
Well pal, I know this is going to eat into your schadenfreude time, but I have confirmation from My Hyatt Concierge out in OMARO that I'll have access to the Concierge regardless of how many nights I stay in the future.

Case closed.
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:47 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by woresu View Post
Let's see.

The last set of questions were sent to Hyatt only yesterday [January 16, 2017]. Here are their replies:

1.Scenario - you will requalify for diamond with 50 nights Jan – Feb 2017. So that make me globalist through end of Feb 2019. My question is, that will bring me to globalist, but will I still get the free cat 1-4 explorist certificate since I will have met the 30 nights? That part is confusing to me. Thanks.

Answer: The “More Benefits Await” free night awards for reaching 30 and 60 nights are new benefits as of March 1, 2017 so reaching these night thresholds in January and February will not earn you these nights. However, all Globalists at transition will receive a free Cat 1-7 free night award to welcome you to our new top tier. Also, if you reach 60 nights post-March 1, you will receive another Cat 1-7 free night award.
This contradicts what I was told by a private line agent. She said that only nights after March 1 count for the five brands cert, but all nights in 2017 will count toward the 30 and 60 nights, including for those who hit 30 and 60 nights before March 1st.
Old Feb 16, 17, 9:03 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is becoming more and more of a disaster. I simply appalled by the sheer stupidity and abject incompetence of this new program. If I don't get a Cat. 1-7 cert on March 1st, as promised, this:
However, all Globalists at transition will receive a free Cat 1-7 free night award to welcome you to our new top tier.
literally could not be more clear, I'm going to be so pissed off.
Old Feb 16, 17, 9:17 am

Is the confusion over the Category 1-7 award given "at transition" vs. the Category 1-4 award given after a certain number of stays?
Old Feb 16, 17, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
On the plus side, we can finally stop trying to figure out how Gold Passport works.
Old Feb 16, 17, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
The attached WoH chart pretty much explains it all. No, you don't get a free cert on March 1st, sorry.
So you're calling Jeff Zidell a liar?
Old Feb 16, 17, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by woresu View Post
Let's see.

If you look back on this thread, most all responses were that people didn't care about their free award night because it expired in 120 days or limited category or whatever. Now it seems there is renewed interest and skepticism in now you can get this award. Is it really that big of deal to dwell on an nag about? OMG, what am I saying, shields up
Old Feb 16, 17, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Hyatt Freddie's email

I will vote for Hyatt when:
a) pigs fly; or
b) WOH is revoked;
whichever happens first.
Old Feb 16, 17, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by rfrost View Post
I will vote for Hyatt when:
a) pigs fly; or
b) WOH is revoked;
whichever happens first.
WoH reminds me of reviews of the movie La La Land. People rate it a 10 and definitely a shoe in for the Oscar or a 1, worst movie ever and way over-rated.

I'm a flying pig apparently
Old Feb 16, 17, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Well pal, I know this is going to eat into your schadenfreude time, but I have confirmation from My Hyatt Concierge out in OMARO that I'll have access to the Concierge regardless of how many nights I stay in the future.

Case closed.
At the time I saw your original comments and ew49's responses, I was sure that you were correct, and I couldn't even follow the logic of his argument-it was so strange.

Good to see that the "Lifetime" benefits actually are lifetime. -And that "permanent" really does mean permanent.
Old Feb 16, 17, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Any chance Hyatt rolls out a promotion on March 1 to celebrate this glorious new program?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: