World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 10, 17, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
10 nights for me so far in 2017 at average spend over $300/per. No Hyatt.

At Marriott Marquis San Diego, they upgraded me to an executive suite as a Gold. Hyatt Manchester never did that in seven stays last year as a Diamond.
My regular chains are: Marriott, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt. Mostly domestic with an occasional mix of international travel. My comments are domestic only; international is a whole different world (better in terms of everything)

As far as random suite upgrades, SPG has been the best hands down. I've had some great suite upgrades with SPG.

I've gotten a few random suite upgrades with both Marriott and Hilton but I never expect them.

Hyatt has only upgraded me to a suite when I've used a DSU ... I've never been upgraded to a suite without one. And more than a few of the Hyatt suite upgrades have just been a second 'meeting type' room that's between two regular rooms - they are not what I'd call a suite.

The big reason why I prefer Hyatt over other hotel chains domestically is because of the quality of complimentary food in lounges and their breakfast policy when there's no lounge. I remember a decade or more ago when lounge food at Marriotts and SPGs was good food. Now, most of what's served is barely edible. I didn't stay at many Hiltons or Hyatts until after the food went downhill at those chains, but quickly found that Hiltons offered the same nearly inedible food as Marriotts and SPGs. Hyatt has been a standout on that front - lounge food has been very good and when there's no lounge, the Hyatt restaurant breakfast is the most generous of the main hotel chains.

I'll be interested to see if many Hyatt properties play games with 'complimentary' suite upgrades with the new program. But again, most Hyatts have terrible suite upgrades for DSUs (a 'bonus' room rather than a true suite) so I don't see that getting any better with complimentary upgrades.
Old Feb 10, 17, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Finished 23 nights w/SPG YTD, completed the plat challenge and now also have plat with Marriott

Pros: lots and lots of points (with Uber and Delta cross over, and double points for 3 stays for both brands!)
more options to book award travels (for example booked 3 nights in Maui w/Marriott)
where I stay only has Hyatt house and Place

Cons: I miss the simple interior design of Hyatt hotels... Sheraton bed is not very comfortable... also did a random Hilton stay and it was very bad.

I'll do most Marriott in Feb to take advantage of their double points promo, then wait and see if I'd switch back to Hyatt to go for 60 nights this year. Already booked 4 nights at GH Kauai(best hotel ever) to burn some points
Old Feb 10, 17, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I just got an email from "My Concierge" thanking me for taking part in the beta program. Going forward he wrote I will be eligible for this coming year and will need to re qualify going forward to keep access to the My Hyatt Concierge.

So that is the first email regarding March 1st. In the meantime I have been getting some pretty decent upgrades since the first of the year. And a few comments from front desk managers about the changes
Mine says "As you know, on March 1, 2017, we will launch World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program that replaces Hyatt Gold Passport. My Hyatt Concierge is a benefit of the new program for members who stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year.

To thank you for your participation as a trial member, as a Lifetime member Iím excited to be able to extend the My Hyatt Concierge benefit to you on a permanent basis."

Kaboom!
Old Feb 10, 17, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Mine says "As you know, on March 1, 2017, we will launch World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program that replaces Hyatt Gold Passport. My Hyatt Concierge is a benefit of the new program for members who stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year.

To thank you for your participation as a trial member, as a Lifetime member Iím excited to be able to extend the My Hyatt Concierge benefit to you on a permanent basis."

Kaboom!
Yep as long as you re qualify 60 nights then 55 after that .
Old Feb 10, 17, 6:04 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Agreed. It's beyond doubt 60 nights in 2017 to requalify. After that, it's 55.
Sweet - thank you and the other posters for the confirmation... 60 it is. Shouldnt be hard.
Old Feb 10, 17, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
Sweet - thank you and the other posters for the confirmation... 60 it is. Shouldnt be hard.
I'm in
Old Feb 11, 17, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries View Post
This is true. That "celebrity chef" restaurant there (Wailea Marriott) is to be avoided, too, for them's staying at the Andaz
Migrant? I went and really liked it. Sure, Morimoto is fantastic, but you can't eat there every night.

But I agree with above - I'd never stay at that Marriott.
Old Feb 11, 17, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Is your definition of the word "permanent" different from the commonly accepted one? My English comprehension says to me that I don't have to do anything and I'll have access to the program whether I stay 55 or 60 nights or none at all.
Old Feb 11, 17, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, it's 55 to requalify for Glob after the first year, but I think My Hyatt Concierge and the WOH version of DSUs both require 60 nights.
Old Feb 11, 17, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
For those who may hit the 30-night or 60-night thresholds before March 1, will we still get the free night certificates even though WOH isn't "official" yet?

If not, sounds like it's worth delaying any more stays for both thresholds until WOH is active...
Old Feb 11, 17, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Is your definition of the word "permanent" different from the commonly accepted one? My English comprehension says to me that I don't have to do anything and I'll have access to the program whether I stay 55 or 60 nights or none at all.
Pickles I would suggest that you call your MHC and ask them if your "permanent" or annually subject to re qual. Seriously
Old Feb 11, 17, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer View Post
For those who may hit the 30-night or 60-night thresholds before March 1, will we still get the free night certificates even though WOH isn't "official" yet?

If not, sounds like it's worth delaying any more stays for both thresholds until WOH is active...
I've been told yes and that seems to agree with my own reading of the (current) T&Cs for WOH.

However, for the free night after five brands, only stays after March 1 count, although this is apparently a once in a lifetime benefit and you can do the five brands over multiple years for it.
Old Feb 11, 17, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pickles I would suggest that you call your MHC and ask them if your "permanent" or annually subject to re qual. Seriously
Will do. Stay tuned.
Old Feb 11, 17, 1:20 pm

Confirmed that I am going from a fairly decent Platinum (20 to 25 nights per year) to a non-descript Globalist. Globalist sounds more like a refugee to me. What are they thinking. Smh!!!
Old Feb 11, 17, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by MorePtsPls View Post
Confirmed that I am going from a fairly decent Platinum (20 to 25 nights per year) to a non-descript Globalist. Globalist sounds more like a refugee to me. What are they thinking. Smh!!!
ah but do you have permanent My Hyatt Concierge ? that is the question

Search this Thread
Search Engine: