Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I just got an email from "My Concierge" thanking me for taking part in the beta program. Going forward he wrote I will be eligible for this coming year and will need to re qualify going forward to keep access to the My Hyatt Concierge.

So that is the first email regarding March 1st. In the meantime I have been getting some pretty decent upgrades since the first of the year. And a few comments from front desk managers about the changes
Mine says "As you know, on March 1, 2017, we will launch World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program that replaces Hyatt Gold Passport. My Hyatt Concierge is a benefit of the new program for members who stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year.

To thank you for your participation as a trial member, as a Lifetime member I’m excited to be able to extend the My Hyatt Concierge benefit to you on a permanent basis."

Kaboom!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pickles
Mine says "As you know, on March 1, 2017, we will launch World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program that replaces Hyatt Gold Passport. My Hyatt Concierge is a benefit of the new program for members who stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year.

To thank you for your participation as a trial member, as a Lifetime member I’m excited to be able to extend the My Hyatt Concierge benefit to you on a permanent basis."

Kaboom!
Yep as long as you re qualify 60 nights then 55 after that .
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agreed. It's beyond doubt 60 nights in 2017 to requalify. After that, it's 55.
Sweet - thank you and the other posters for the confirmation... 60 it is. Shouldnt be hard.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Sweet - thank you and the other posters for the confirmation... 60 it is. Shouldnt be hard.
I'm in
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
This is true. That "celebrity chef" restaurant there (Wailea Marriott) is to be avoided, too, for them's staying at the Andaz
Migrant? I went and really liked it. Sure, Morimoto is fantastic, but you can't eat there every night.

But I agree with above - I'd never stay at that Marriott.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Is your definition of the word "permanent" different from the commonly accepted one? My English comprehension says to me that I don't have to do anything and I'll have access to the program whether I stay 55 or 60 nights or none at all.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, it's 55 to requalify for Glob after the first year, but I think My Hyatt Concierge and the WOH version of DSUs both require 60 nights.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
For those who may hit the 30-night or 60-night thresholds before March 1, will we still get the free night certificates even though WOH isn't "official" yet?

If not, sounds like it's worth delaying any more stays for both thresholds until WOH is active...
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
Is your definition of the word "permanent" different from the commonly accepted one? My English comprehension says to me that I don't have to do anything and I'll have access to the program whether I stay 55 or 60 nights or none at all.
Pickles I would suggest that you call your MHC and ask them if your "permanent" or annually subject to re qual. Seriously
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
For those who may hit the 30-night or 60-night thresholds before March 1, will we still get the free night certificates even though WOH isn't "official" yet?

If not, sounds like it's worth delaying any more stays for both thresholds until WOH is active...
I've been told yes and that seems to agree with my own reading of the (current) T&Cs for WOH.

However, for the free night after five brands, only stays after March 1 count, although this is apparently a once in a lifetime benefit and you can do the five brands over multiple years for it.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pickles I would suggest that you call your MHC and ask them if your "permanent" or annually subject to re qual. Seriously
Will do. Stay tuned.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:20 pm

Confirmed that I am going from a fairly decent Platinum (20 to 25 nights per year) to a non-descript Globalist. Globalist sounds more like a refugee to me. What are they thinking. Smh!!!
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by MorePtsPls
Confirmed that I am going from a fairly decent Platinum (20 to 25 nights per year) to a non-descript Globalist. Globalist sounds more like a refugee to me. What are they thinking. Smh!!!
ah but do you have permanent My Hyatt Concierge ? that is the question
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
ah but do you have permanent My Hyatt Concierge ? that is the question
I've been informed by my concierge that if I reach lifetime Globalist (1M base points) that is sufficient for permanent My Concierge even if I drop down to a lower tier.

I'm not sure if my already having a concierge is a factor in that.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by MorePtsPls
How does Plat become Glob? Plat should become either Explorererer or Discovererer. How much did you spend for those 20-25 nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.