World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
need 60
or $20,000 spend???
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by woresu
I'm not going to make it to 55N this year, and due to soft-landing, it doesn't make sense for me to put 30N into Hyatt as well. If you look at below 2 routes, the outcome is the same for next year

Globalist in 2017 > zero night > softlanded Explorist in 2018
Globalist in 2017 > 30 night > maintained Explorist in 2018

I think the only difference is the 30N Cat 1-4 cert that comes with 30 nights.
It's apparently 60 nights for everyone in the first year for Glob.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by edgewood49
need 60
Has this been confirmed? I've yet to see something specific related to diamonds transferring as globalists.

Link please.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Has this been confirmed? I've yet to see something specific related to diamonds transferring as globalists.

Link please.
go to Hyatt website and click on the tab for the new program
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by austin_modern

Link please.
It's been confirmed multiple times. I'm pretty sure that Markie, one of the moderators here, has asked that question of Hyatt staff and gotten 60 nights confirmed.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:53 am

This is confirmed. I asked my PL rep and she took a couple of days to get it confirmed with her superiors and she confirmed that it is indeed 60 nights for everyone in year 1.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Markie
The last set of questions were sent to Hyatt only yesterday. Here are their replies:

4. If a current 2016 Diamond will transition to be a 2017 Globalist, and completes 5-9 stays (but less than 10 nights) in Jan-Feb 2017 -- thus earning Platinum -- what will be their tier starting March 2018 (assuming no further stays)? Discoverist or Explorist?

Answer: As always, our members are transitioned down one tier if they fail to qualify to maintain their tier level. Therefore if someone is a Globalist and is set to downgrade at renewal, the member will become an Explorist.

This last question covers what happens if any current Diamond does the minimum to qualify for Platinum, before the transition. What would their tier be at the next renewal after transition? The question has been answered if they requalify as Diamond during Jan-Feb 2017, but what if they only can do Platinum during that period, and not enough the rest of the year to reach a new WoH level?

Answer: As always, our members are transitioned down one tier if they fail to qualify to maintain their tier level. Therefore, if someone is an Explorist in 2017 and does not requalify, they will become a Discoverist on 3/1/2018. If someone is a Discoverist in 2017 and does not requalify, they will become a Member on 3/1/2018.
I think softlanding is somehow confirmed from above answers. However, I am not sure about 60 nights or 55 nights. Eventually, you will need to have 60 nights if you want DSU and the cat 7 cert.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by itsallgood
It's been confirmed multiple times. I'm pretty sure that Markie, one of the moderators here, has asked that question of Hyatt staff and gotten 60 nights confirmed.
Agreed. It's beyond doubt 60 nights in 2017 to requalify. After that, it's 55.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
It was listed as 60 nights in an email from my Concierge the other day.

Doesn't matter to me, I've had 5 Kimpton and 1 Novotel stay so far this year in cities where there are full service Hyatts. 13 nights total, although if I was staying at Hyatts, five of them would have been award nights.

Just booked a five night trip between LA/SD. No revenue Hyatt nights.

It was a nice run. But I don't think I'll even make whatever the heck Platinum is now called given that I get SPG, Marriott and Hilton Gold from credit cards.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Doesn't matter to me, I've had 5 Kimpton and 1 Novotel stay so far this year in cities where there are full service Hyatts. 13 nights total, although if I was staying at Hyatts, five of them would have been award nights.

Just booked a five night trip between LA/SD. No revenue Hyatt nights.

It was a nice run. But I don't think I'll even make whatever the heck Platinum is now called given that I get SPG, Marriott and Hilton Gold from credit cards.
10 nights for me so far in 2017 at average spend over $300/per. No Hyatt.

At Marriott Marquis San Diego, they upgraded me to an executive suite as a Gold. Hyatt Manchester never did that in seven stays last year as a Diamond.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Less than a month until going Globalists...the world awaits.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Less than a month until going Globalists...the world awaits.
In a large part of the world nobody is waiting.....
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
In a large part of the world nobody is waiting.....
almost everywhere, which makes this extra special
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
10 nights for me so far in 2017 at average spend over $300/per. No Hyatt.

At Marriott Marquis San Diego, they upgraded me to an executive suite as a Gold. Hyatt Manchester never did that in seven stays last year as a Diamond.
My regular chains are: Marriott, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt. Mostly domestic with an occasional mix of international travel. My comments are domestic only; international is a whole different world (better in terms of everything)

As far as random suite upgrades, SPG has been the best hands down. I've had some great suite upgrades with SPG.

I've gotten a few random suite upgrades with both Marriott and Hilton but I never expect them.

Hyatt has only upgraded me to a suite when I've used a DSU ... I've never been upgraded to a suite without one. And more than a few of the Hyatt suite upgrades have just been a second 'meeting type' room that's between two regular rooms - they are not what I'd call a suite.

The big reason why I prefer Hyatt over other hotel chains domestically is because of the quality of complimentary food in lounges and their breakfast policy when there's no lounge. I remember a decade or more ago when lounge food at Marriotts and SPGs was good food. Now, most of what's served is barely edible. I didn't stay at many Hiltons or Hyatts until after the food went downhill at those chains, but quickly found that Hiltons offered the same nearly inedible food as Marriotts and SPGs. Hyatt has been a standout on that front - lounge food has been very good and when there's no lounge, the Hyatt restaurant breakfast is the most generous of the main hotel chains.

I'll be interested to see if many Hyatt properties play games with 'complimentary' suite upgrades with the new program. But again, most Hyatts have terrible suite upgrades for DSUs (a 'bonus' room rather than a true suite) so I don't see that getting any better with complimentary upgrades.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Finished 23 nights w/SPG YTD, completed the plat challenge and now also have plat with Marriott

Pros: lots and lots of points (with Uber and Delta cross over, and double points for 3 stays for both brands!)
more options to book award travels (for example booked 3 nights in Maui w/Marriott)
where I stay only has Hyatt house and Place

Cons: I miss the simple interior design of Hyatt hotels... Sheraton bed is not very comfortable... also did a random Hilton stay and it was very bad.

I'll do most Marriott in Feb to take advantage of their double points promo, then wait and see if I'd switch back to Hyatt to go for 60 nights this year. Already booked 4 nights at GH Kauai(best hotel ever) to burn some points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.