Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
There have now been almost 2800 replies in this thread. There, as of now, has been no information to be added- just whining (mostly justified) and threats of switching to another chain. At least for me, every new post sends me an e-mail. I then have to read every post. Every ramification of this change has now been hashed out. No new posts are going to change anything. Hyatt sent out a survey about the changes to certain people and hopefully they are reviewing the responses. For me, I've read enough. As far as I've read so far, I'm not terribly affected by these changes so am neither for or against. I understand everyone's point of view, but it seems enough for me now. I'm unsubscribing from this read and will just check every few weeks.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
There have now been almost 2800 replies in this thread. There, as of now, has been no information to be added- just whining (mostly justified) and threats of switching to another chain. At least for me, every new post sends me an e-mail. I then have to read every post.
I have to ask: Why on earth would you subscribe to a thread like this?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I have to ask: Why on earth would you subscribe to a thread like this?
And then add another post with no new information....lol
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
And then add another post with no new information....lol
I was aware of that. I am subscribed to some threads. But I would never subscribe for a high volume thread like the one (my comment wasn't about the quality of the posts in this thread). I visit the forum regularly and see any updates. No need for email pings. The subscriptions are for low-volume threads where there is an occasional update.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:28 pm

1-4 cert after 5 brands

Two questions:

1. Is this once in a life time or once a year?
2. Would award stays count for this purpose? Guess not but want to confirm.

Did a google search and also a search in this thread using 'five brands". All I found was one mention of it being once a lifetime. If that's indeed the case, it would really feel like an insult...
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:50 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lancexfang
Two questions:

Did a google search and also a search in this thread using 'five brands". All I found was one mention of it being once a lifetime. If that's indeed the case, it would really feel like an insult...
It's lifetime. From the T&Cs ...

"Qualifying stays for a 5-Brand Free Night Award are measured over the life of a Member’s Program membership, beginning on March 1, 2017."
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I hope they get treated better than my son and his bride did last year at the Maui Andaz I had to go all the way to Chicago to get it taken care of, "My Hyatt Concierge " helped me greatly in that. Got a personal call from the GM.
I realize you'll be a Glob on March 1, but how did you get a My Hyatt Concierge assigned already? Or are you referring to an existing private line agent?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skj
It's lifetime. From the T&Cs ...

"Qualifying stays for a 5-Brand Free Night Award are measured over the life of a Member’s Program membership, beginning on March 1, 2017."
We can only hope that eventually there will be a few more Hyatt brands so that hitting five more brands for an additional free night cert will be possible without doing the all inclusive brands.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lancexfang
Two questions:

Yes, it is once-in-a-lifetime. Hopefully, the free bottle of water is not.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I realize you'll be a Glob on March 1, but how did you get a My Hyatt Concierge assigned already? Or are you referring to an existing private line agent?
I think some people were offered this some time ago on a trial basis.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Markie
I think some people were offered this some time ago on a trial basis.
Yes, that was the case with me.

It's been a really nice feature of GP. Not sure if I'll have it in my last year of top tier after March 1.

Edit: I've researched this and found that Diamonds will, if they already have one, keep their Concierge for 2017. After that, they must requalify with 60 nights or the 100K base points each year.

Last edited by JackE; Jan 25, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
I'm confused. You already have 30000 in hotels booked and normally would have spent 2/3 of that in hyatt, but aren't going to now because of the new requirements for diamond? Even though supposedly you would have already booked 20000 in hyatt spend, earning you diamond again anyway?
I have already stated this is not strictly rational behaviour. My point is, this entire thing has been a debacle that has done reputational damage (to me at least) and I just don't really care about Hyatt anymore, to the point that I did a full re-evaluation of my hotel strategy.

While these changes are actually positive for me, the clumsy way they were introduced and the inability to adapt to feedback have given me a good enough look into Hyatt's corporate culture to suspect that long term loyalty is not worth it.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
have had one for a while now.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
Yes, that was the case with me.

It's been a really nice feature of GP. Not sure if I'll have it in my last year of top tier after March 1.

Edit: I've researched this and found that Diamonds will, if they already have one, keep their Concierge for 2017. After that, they must requalify with 60 nights or the 100K base points each year.
I've been told that I keep my private line agent after March 1 and then the My Hyatt Concierge 60 night rule applies. It wasn't clear whether I keep the same person at that time.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I've been told that I keep my private line agent after March 1 and then the My Hyatt Concierge 60 night rule applies. It wasn't clear whether I keep the same person at that time.
I was told that I will keep mine through next Feb. Then lose unless I re qualify, Ok that's fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.