World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 22, 17, 7:58 am
  #2716  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,528
RE: Concierge benefit

Assume it's similar to the SPG one. Are all requalifying Diamonds eligible for this post March, or only those who re qualified with 60+ nights?
Visconti is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 9:16 am
  #2717  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,289
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
RE: Concierge benefit

Assume it's similar to the SPG one. Are all requalifying Diamonds eligible for this post March, or only those who re qualified with 60+ nights?
What mine told me on the phone that if I do not re qualify then it goes away. I have made the decision to stay with Hyatt for another two years as I plan on scaling back travel letting my up and comers to take more on.
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 9:26 am
  #2718  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Posts: 5,536
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
I was Hilton Diamond for a couple years about 8-9 years ago and I'm pretty sure I was downgraded to Silver, the tier I earned, rather than being soft-landed to Gold.

Is Hilton doing softlandings now? I was matched to Hilton Dia on the basis of my Hyatt Dia, but my activity would only earn Silver. You think I'll be soft-landed to Gold at the end of March?

If other programs only soft-land on a case-by-case basis but Hyatt is guaranteeing never more than a one-tier downgrade, I would call that generous.
I've been hard landed at Hilton before; pretty sure they still don't do soft landings. Several posts indicate that there haven't been any Hilton soft landings.

SPG has done soft landings for me in the past so that appears to be coded into their system.

Marriott just kept me at Plat status although I hadn't qualified for it for a couple of years. One year they gave me Plat in spite of ~23 nights, including ~20 credit card nights. The next year I made LT Plat so I was very close; only needed to hit the LT point requirement.
Some posts on the Marriott thread indicate that they in fact have a soft landing program.

IHG appears to do hard landings (from my readings) ... with a lot of exceptions. No personal experience; I have the IHG CC so I'm always Plat.

I couldn't find any posts on Club Carlson; I'm pretty sure I hard landed with them.

No posts on Fairmont so no idea there.

Hyatt appears to have done soft landings in the past; unknown how this will be handled with the program change.
iflyjetz is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 9:44 am
  #2719  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,289
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
I've been hard landed at Hilton before; pretty sure they still don't do soft landings. Several posts indicate that there haven't been any Hilton soft landings.

SPG has done soft landings for me in the past so that appears to be coded into their system.

Marriott just kept me at Plat status although I hadn't qualified for it for a couple of years. One year they gave me Plat in spite of ~23 nights, including ~20 credit card nights. The next year I made LT Plat so I was very close; only needed to hit the LT point requirement.
Some posts on the Marriott thread indicate that they in fact have a soft landing program.

IHG appears to do hard landings (from my readings) ... with a lot of exceptions. No personal experience; I have the IHG CC so I'm always Plat.

I couldn't find any posts on Club Carlson; I'm pretty sure I hard landed with them.

No posts on Fairmont so no idea there.

Hyatt appears to have done soft landings in the past; unknown how this will be handled with the program change.
I think it was 2008/2009 or the following cycle when there was a huge downturn Hyatt kept me at Diamond even though I had not re qualified
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 1:52 pm
  #2720  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,173
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
Hyatt appears to have done soft landings in the past; unknown how this will be handled with the program change.
Soft landing.
JackE is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 3:26 pm
  #2721  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Posts: 5,536
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Soft landing.
DOH! You're correct; I've read that several times in this thread but was concentrating on answering the soft/hard landings for other hotel programs ... completely slipped my mind when I posted.
iflyjetz is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 5:54 pm
  #2722  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 91,851
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
I've been hard landed at Hilton before; pretty sure they still don't do soft landings. Several posts indicate that there haven't been any Hilton soft landings.

SPG has done soft landings for me in the past so that appears to be coded into their system.

Marriott just kept me at Plat status although I hadn't qualified for it for a couple of years. One year they gave me Plat in spite of ~23 nights, including ~20 credit card nights. The next year I made LT Plat so I was very close; only needed to hit the LT point requirement.
Some posts on the Marriott thread indicate that they in fact have a soft landing program.

IHG appears to do hard landings (from my readings) ... with a lot of exceptions. No personal experience; I have the IHG CC so I'm always Plat.

I couldn't find any posts on Club Carlson; I'm pretty sure I hard landed with them.

No posts on Fairmont so no idea there.

Hyatt appears to have done soft landings in the past; unknown how this will be handled with the program change.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carl...t-landing.html

I've seen soft landings from Carlson for years now.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 8:37 pm
  #2723  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sarasota, FL (SRQ)
Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Posts: 427
I chatted with Hilton today and I am being hard landed from Diamond to Blue (!) as of March 31.

Good thing I have about 15 higher end nights between now and then for company meetings. I wouldn't have called them except to marry up the confirmation numbers with my HHonors account.

I am so meh about Hilton in general. They are a nice second to third tier option, with a lot of options, but...
Hot Pocket is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 9:17 pm
  #2724  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,289
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
I chatted with Hilton today and I am being hard landed from Diamond to Blue (!) as of March 31.

Good thing I have about 15 higher end nights between now and then for company meetings. I wouldn't have called them except to marry up the confirmation numbers with my HHonors account.

I am so meh about Hilton in general. They are a nice second to third tier option, with a lot of options, but...
3rd tier imo
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 9:40 pm
  #2725  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
I chatted with Hilton today and I am being hard landed from Diamond to Blue (!) as of March 31.

Good thing I have about 15 higher end nights between now and then for company meetings. I wouldn't have called them except to marry up the confirmation numbers with my HHonors account.

I am so meh about Hilton in general. They are a nice second to third tier option, with a lot of options, but...
Just a reminder - if you have an Amex Plat card, you can get Hilton Gold along with Starwood Gold (which means you also get Marriott Gold).
Rusdude is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:34 pm
  #2726  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Midwest
Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 751
Was just booking Hyatt the Churchill and realized something that should have been more obvious to me, but wasn't as a Diaomond. Next year I will likely be Explorist with only Club Lounge passes. The Churchill happened to offer Lounge access for the C&P rate (I did log out to make sure it did not link my Diamond status.) The point being:


MAKE SURE TO LOOK FOR LOUNGE ACCESS WHEN BOOKING C&P so you do not use up a lounge pass as an explorist or lower.
thucanhho is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:45 pm
  #2727  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by thucanhho View Post
Was just booking Hyatt the Churchill and realized something that should have been more obvious to me, but wasn't as a Diaomond. Next year I will likely be Explorist with only Club Lounge passes. The Churchill happened to offer Lounge access for the C&P rate (I did log out to make sure it did not link my Diamond status.) The point being:


MAKE SURE TO LOOK FOR LOUNGE ACCESS WHEN BOOKING C&P so you do not use up a lounge pass as an explorist or lower.
Do you mean they sell Club rooms for a higher P+C cost compared to standard rooms? I think I've seen some other hotels that offer club rooms on points/p+c.
Rusdude is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 2:15 am
  #2728  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 91,851
Originally Posted by Rusdude View Post
Do you mean they sell Club rooms for a higher P+C cost compared to standard rooms? I think I've seen some other hotels that offer club rooms on points/p+c.
"Club upgrade with points" is what they show under one tab.

But under the "points+cash" tab, it's there along with standard rooms. Same points+cash price for club rooms as regular rooms on some of the nights I've seen it.

325 GBP + 3,000 Points

vs.

12,500 Points + 122 GBP

is the kind of stuff I see for club rooms.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 3:11 am
  #2729  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: SPG Plat
Posts: 778
Has anyone had any success with the Guest of Honor in 2017? Called twice but the agents seem to have no clue what it is about...
rooivalk is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 7:12 am
  #2730  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
I chatted with Hilton today and I am being hard landed from Diamond to Blue (!) as of March 31.

Good thing I have about 15 higher end nights between now and then for company meetings. I wouldn't have called them except to marry up the confirmation numbers with my HHonors account.

I am so meh about Hilton in general. They are a nice second to third tier option, with a lot of options, but...
They are doing another status match this year you might want to use after March 31. hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com
HHonors OUTSIDER is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: