World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 18, 17, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by akcae View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or reversals of what's been announced for WoH. According to the Hyatt CEO in the new Skift interview, they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".

Somehow, by basing elite qualification on night or spend, vs. on stays, they think their loyalty program is an "engagement platform" for the customers that is "not transactional".

Yet, it is exactly specific transactions, i.e., each night's charge, that now gets you closer to the elite tier. I'm feeling so engaged...
Jesus H. Christ...this guy is completely out of touch...
Old Jan 18, 17, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bsdstone View Post
Jesus H. Christ...this guy is completely out of touch...
He's very skilled.... in using a lot of words without actually saying anything.
Old Jan 18, 17, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Not sure if this is just normal as time goes by, but I've re-checked a few of the Hyatt reservations that I'm not canceling for 2017, and prices have been down. So I've rebooked.

I just wonder if possibly prices are going down because bookings have been falling.

In any event, check your cancelable reservations and see if you can rebook and save some money.
My only 2017 Hyatt revenue stay will start in 10 days and will be for 3 weeks in a major West Coast city.
When I originally booked the "long stay rate", it was 30% higher than I when I rebooked it in late December.

However, some of the Hyatts that I use in Asia have raised their corporate rates by a large percentage, while the rates for prepay or long stays have remained the same or decreased slightly. Perhaps they are trying to squeeze more revenue out of the corporate customers while making lower rates available for the "Kayakers".

Last edited by zombietooth; Jan 18, 17 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 18, 17, 10:26 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or reversals of what's been announced for WoH. According to the Hyatt CEO in the new Skift interview, they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".

Somehow, by basing elite qualification on night or spend, vs. on stays, they think their loyalty program is an "engagement platform" for the customers that is "not transactional".

Yet, it is exactly specific transactions, i.e., each night's charge, that now gets you closer to the elite tier. I'm feeling so engaged...
This……….

This is exactly why I have decided to go to Hilton. This is exactly why I won’t be staying in North American Hyatt’s except San Francisco HR and Vancouver HR, which are both great, convienent for me and have balconies. It’s the crazy way this thing has been rolled out.

They keep spinning this WoH as some sort of lifestyle brand or service that embodies my interest. Now the corporate speak of “engagement platform” has been thrown around like WoH is a way of life.

This is a hotel rewards program. Stays = Points. Accumulated Points = Free Stays.
Old Jan 18, 17, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged View Post
Also, hotels aren't stupid. they see how much you've spent at their properties, and where you've stayed, they always treat people who spend money as regulars better than those who gain status on cheap stays.
In this PC hyper sensitivity era, everyone has to treated as important, even if they're not from a business perspective.

Case in point. In Vegas, everyone is a VIP. And, as we all know, only the RFB (room, food, beverage) full/100% comped folks are the *real* VIPs. An MLife Plat matched offers only free parking and buffet line cut pass. You can't even get a buffet comped or even the annoying resort fee waived.

I suspect every hotel business has a similar metric, but it's just a little more transparent in Vegas.
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:40 am

I guess this might be what the CEO was talking about:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...s-miraval.html

"Hyatt has acquired Miraval, a world-renowned, best-in-class wellness and mindfulness experience provider."

What on earth is a "mindfulness experience provider"?
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
It's a company that runs an all inclusive resort where bored CA housewifes can have a spa day/weekend with the girls and pickup a few men, or where people who get easily lost can go hiking :-).

You know, make a few bucks of people who can spend some money....
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
I guess this might be what the CEO was talking about:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...s-miraval.html

"Hyatt has acquired Miraval, a world-renowned, best-in-class wellness and mindfulness experience provider."

It used to be called a "Dude Ranch".

It's where poseurs, who don't know a thing about living in the desert (or any wilderness for that matter), go to get in touch with nature.
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:57 am

Judging by https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-C...dp/1615192824/ it might involve crayons. Is it what my kids get up to at Kindergarten?
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
It's a company that runs an all inclusive resort where bored CA housewifes can have a spa day/weekend with the girls and pickup a few men, or where people who get easily lost can go hiking :-).
And get Hyatt stay, eh, night credits in the future?

Do they have an on-site physician to prescribe medical pot for the mindfulness experience?
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".
Well, I'm quite positive people are leaving. Does that count?
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Di
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
In this PC hyper sensitivity era, everyone has to treated as important, even if they're not from a business perspective.
Oh...so you're one of those people that think when you visit a property, you didn't get an upgrade because of one of those mysterious diamond status matchers/25 stay leechers took it from you. We all know how they leisure travel all the time on their diamond status and demand to be treated like loyalty everywhere they go.

Like we've seen in hundreds of datapoints in FT, hotels treat regulars better, and that has not changed with this WoH, only reduced benefits for everyone else.

Like I've also said before, Hyatt is targeting high spend customers but most of their properties can't compete with FS, Shangri-La, Aman, MO, and none of them ask you to spend 60 nights to treat you well.
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged View Post
Oh...so you're one of those people that think when you visit a property, you didn't get an upgrade because of one of those mysterious diamond status matchers/25 stay leechers took it from you. We all know how they leisure travel all the time on their diamond status and demand to be treated like loyalty everywhere they go.
This is the internal inconsistency of the whole "fake elites/moochers taking my benefits away from me" -- if they're not staying/flying enough to earn the benefits which can only be reaped by actually staying at a hotel or flying on a plane, then how are they at the same time there to "take away" those benefits from "real" elites?
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

By staying those few nights they do at desirable properties and then using their DSU's..... That's probably the main reason why some properties are playing games with their suite upgrades and why earning and using DSU's is now more limited.
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
By staying those few nights they do at desirable properties and then using their DSU's..... That's probably the main reason why some properties are playing games with their suite upgrades and why earning and using DSU's is now more limited.
I don't think there's any question that Hyatt's status match fiasco last year negatively impacted existing Diamonds, both in terms of award/DSU availability and properties experiencing Diamond fatigue.

Which means that Hyatt is now overreacting to a problem that it caused all by itself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: