Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Bring on March 1st !
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Bring on March 1st !
Why?

Nothing really is going to change until later in the year, or even the next.... unless you want to earn less points vs some free parking.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why?

Nothing really is going to change until later in the year, or even the next.... unless you want to earn less points vs some free parking.
I think and this is only my opinion that there will be some "adjustments" made. Let's just bring on WOH.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
I think and this is only my opinion that there will be some "adjustments" made. Let's just bring on WOH.

Hoping that one of those "adjustments" is some sort of 'nights rollover' towards 2017 qualification, as I have 65 nights in 2016.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Why?

What reaction do you expect from Diamonds Globalists when they find out they don't get an amenity or points at check in? It should be interesting...
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
What reaction do you expect from Diamonds Globalists when they find out they don't get an amenity or points at check in? It should be interesting...
I'm sure all the free suite upgrades will make up for it.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:19 pm

I don't find the changes that bad. It never made sense to me where a person with 25 stays alternating HP/Excalibur/Luxor will reach the highest status over a person who spends $20K at Park Hyatts, but don't meet the 25 stay/50 nights. Glad they fixed this aspect of their program.

On the other hand, the Explorist/Discoverist/Globalist rebranding is just goofy beyond belief. What idiot marketing novice came up with this?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
On the other hand, the Explorist/Discoverist/Globalist rebranding is just goofy beyond belief. What idiot marketing novice came up with this?
The same people who apparently believe that current Diamonds who can't do 60 Hyatt nights due to minimal footprint will stick around for Explorist.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The same people who apparently believe that current Diamonds who can't do 60 Hyatt nights due to minimal footprint will stick around for Explorist.
Given they've eliminated the 25 stays, I would have thought leaving it at 50 nights (even reducing it to 40/45) would yield better results, especially with the limited footprint, as you've observed.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:53 pm

Given they've eliminated the 25 stays, I would have thought leaving it at 50 nights (even reducing it to 40/45) would yield better results, especially with the limited footprint, as you've observed.
Exactly. I suspect quite a few 25 stays qualifiers would stick around at 40-50 nights, but I contemplate 60 and it's simply not possible. For example . . . I have a week in Italy in April (Rome and Venice), there are no Hyatts in either city.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:55 pm

you know I don't really notice nor live or die by my bonus points or amenity whatever they are. I prefer a comfortable room and lounge access if there is one and breakfast. Those are my requirements. Suites are nice but I think there are many of us that don't use all their's up every year. Right now I have one left, so maybe I will have something.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have a week in Italy in April (Rome and Venice), there are no Hyatts in either city.
It's your "fault" for choosing a destination that Hyatt has already vetted and deemed unworthy. Safe to assume there is nothing to see or do there.

(may I suggest the Venetian in Vegas as a suitable alternative experience?
Of course, you can't actually stay there but Hyatt has an overpriced Hyatt Place almost in walking distance)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I don't find the changes that bad. It never made sense to me where a person with 25 stays alternating HP/Excalibur/Luxor will reach the highest status over a person who spends $20K at Park Hyatts, but don't meet the 25 stay/50 nights. Glad they fixed this aspect of their program.
By that logic, it wouldn't make sense for someone who spends $20K to reach the highest status "over a person" who spends $40K.

Or for someone who spends 60 nights at a HP to reach the highest status "over a person" who spends 60 nights at Park Hyatts.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

you know I don't really notice nor live or die by my bonus points or amenity whatever they are. I prefer a comfortable room and lounge access if there is one and breakfast. Those are my requirements. Suites are nice but I think there are many of us that don't use all their's up every year. Right now I have one left, so maybe I will have something.
And you have that now already, so your point is?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
And you have that now already, so your point is?
I think his point is he's looking forward to March 1st. Me too, I like change, bring it on. Can't wait for SPG-Marriott changes coming this year too. Where are the rampant recession posts inline with these WoH changes also. I think we are all settling in that its time to look forward. I'll speak for Hyatt, we appreciate your business, but this is a business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.