FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't underestimate how much certain properties dislike providing "free" benefits to GP members.
They must really hate doing that since you are claiming they would rather pay an outside vendor to collect money from, and inconvenience every guest who parks in order to save about $50.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Darn right!

I have been staying at the HRT for over 25 years, since it was the Century Hyatt, and there were always lots of perks for Diamonds, one of which was free printing/copying (---I really miss the 4 laundry certs).

During my stay in October, I was told that it was now 50 Yen per page, so I went downstairs to the 7-11 at 10 Yen per page.
PHT still offers free printing in the business center.

Did you try asking the desk staff at the Regency Club?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
It would be ridiculous to have the expectation that hyatt will reverse course after all the negative feedback.
Really, Hyatt should have borrowed a bit from "the boiling frog" ancedote.

2017 - "In order to better support a variety of customer types, stays, and preferences, we would like to introduce our new promotion - A Night is a Night!" Award nights count towards requalification, but since it's such a generous benefit, now you need 60 nights.
2018 - "To follow up with our last program enhancement, enjoy more benefits with our - Your room, just larger! Complimentary free suite upgrades"... but our customers suggested that we need some new category 8, 9, 10 hotels (BAM!)

They could have strung us along for at least 2 more years, but now lots of frogs jumping from the boiling water
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JackE
They must really hate doing that since you are claiming they would rather pay an outside vendor to collect money from, and inconvenience every guest who parks in order to save about $50.

The assisted self park is like 70% of that number. The other 30 is the charge to the valet staff at hyatt who are hyatt employees. Beyond that the actual negotiated rate is probably even lower than that - likely 10 bucks st that place across the street. Likely nothing close to the 67 or 50 claimed.

In this case the garage isn't owned by the GHSF so I'm curious if it will count as a free parking option since they are leasing it. Similar to the setup at the HRSF.

Guess we'll all find out.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:16 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Just saw this on OMAAT.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tt-category-7/

A category 7 hotel for a Hyatt affiliate in Istanbul where it's only Euro 128 per night. Is this an error or a sign of things to come?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm not "claiming" anything. I just won't be surprised to see GHSF (and other properties) opt out of the free parking for elites.

It seems you disagree, which you are certainly free to do, but perhaps you could try doing it in a less obnoxious fashion?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Hyatt lifetime diamond (globalist)

So how many are there? What percentage of the total gold passport members?

I guess I feel the need to feel special.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Remington08
So how many are there? What percentage of the total gold passport members?

I guess I feel the need to feel special.
welcome to flyertalk.

No one knows (who posts on here), but people will postulate a bunch acting like they do.

Edit: Speaking of that - makes me wish we had someone similar to the FT AA Agent who would often post about this type of stuff on the AA forums until someone got pissy (FT member)... identified them... and got them terminated/reprimanded.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Canceling Reservations

I'm somewhat melancholy today. I just finished canceling about 18 stays in January and February. Knowing that 60 nights is not attainable for this Diamond, I have decided to shop in another chain ( Starwood ) who will appreciate my patronage.
I had a great experience with Hyatt, loved their top line properties, loved their past level of customer service, and found their Diamond recognition to mostly be exceptional. My experience of late with the Diamond line, and HGP in general is that they have been taken over by aliens and are superficially the team they used to be.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
PHT still offers free printing in the business center.

Did you try asking the desk staff at the Regency Club?
I was at the Regency Club desk.

It's just silly nickel and diming like this that gives one a horrible taste in your mouth. I typically spend about 20K Yen a day on food at this property, and they can't comp me a few copies?

At the Hilton, I get treated like a king-everyone remembers my name and proactively anticipates my needs, and the lounge is far better than at the HRT. In truth, it was only the generous GP program that kept me coming back to the HRT, when I could've stayed at the Hilton instead.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
> I'm not "claiming" anything. I just won't be surprised to see GHSF (and other properties) opt out of the free parking for elites.

It would not surprise me either if they choose to opt out. But if would surprise me if they did so by no longer billing guests themselves. Might as well just walk a few steps to the city garage across the intersection.

That was my point and I'm sorry if you were offended for whatever reason.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
> I'm not "claiming" anything. I just won't be surprised to see GHSF (and other properties) opt out of the free parking for elites.

It would not surprise me either if they choose to opt out. But if would surprise me if they did so by no longer billing guests themselves. Might as well just walk a few steps to the city garage across the intersection.

That was my point and I'm sorry if you were offended for whatever reason.
NO offense to anyone here but these posts are turning a bit nasty and full of either half truths or plain non sense. First the new program has not begun and until it does no one really knows.

Second if an easy hit to make Diamond has turned people into ugly posters than maybe you should move on. Frankly I have had for the most part great experiences with Hyatt, do I agree totally hell no, are there some properties that need to be taken to the wood shed hell yes.

I have three nights this year two different properties, I have three more stays coming totally 7 more nights. So far I have seen some increase in service and care.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by edgewood49
NO offense to anyone here but these posts are turning a bit nasty and full of either half truths or plain non sense.....
Oh, the irony.

Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
NO offense to anyone here but these posts are turning a bit nasty and full of either half truths or plain non sense. First the new program has not begun and until it does no one really knows.

Second if an easy hit to make Diamond has turned people into ugly posters than maybe you should move on. Frankly I have had for the most part great experiences with Hyatt, do I agree totally hell no, are there some properties that need to be taken to the wood shed hell yes.

I have three nights this year two different properties, I have three more stays coming totally 7 more nights. So far I have seen some increase in service and care.
I think its the crowd of 25 stays per year Diamond members that are still bitter. Honestly, I can understand how they feel, but it is time to move on and let go.

Hyatt will do just fine going forward and I wish those moving over to SPG or Hilton all the best. I know that overall, Hyatt is just better. Well, compared to Hilton. I would consider the SPG-Marriott program but only if Hyatt doesn't deliver. So the bar will be set high from my perspective and Hyatt has to deliver but being a sour puss gets old.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I think its the crowd of 25 stays per year Diamond members that are still bitter.
No, there are other segments of Diamonds that are screwed and bitter.

I'm specifically thinking of the 40-50 night / 30-40 stay group that becomes the new Platinum that loses a ton of program perks.

Another one is the one night stay group (think business traveler that does 2-3 cities mid-week each week for like 3-4 weeks/year... like a 40-50 stay 40-50 night group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.