World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 23, 16, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Any chance we could get back to actually talking about World or Hyatt instead of posting endless data points about a survey?
Hey - at least we've gotten past the wooden box bs.
Old Dec 23, 16, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
^

Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Any chance we could get back to actually talking about World or Hyatt instead of posting endless data points about a survey?
I don't mind the data points. It is quite obvious at this point that the WOH trainwreck is not going to be undone. So, what is the harm in determining who Hyatt is actually seeking opinions from?
Old Dec 23, 16, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I actually was impressed with it. and that day I got four for the Holidays.

But yes we are over it as we are about the changes those who stay and those who leave leave.

I do think the survey was a reaction to many of these posts. but that'a one person opinion
Old Dec 23, 16, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
I re-qualified for Diamond 2017 on nights (as I usually do) back on 25 Oct

24 stays YTD
65 nights YTD
66k base points YTD
no CC

Received WOH survey invite on 21 Dec
Old Dec 23, 16, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Does a picture of this stupid, mythical "wooden box" even exist?
Old Dec 23, 16, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
With Apologies If I Missed This Being Posted. . . .

I've been out of town. If it has already been batted around moderator please delete.

http://www.prweek.com/article/141699...ueller-departs

So the scapegoating has begun and somebody who was tasked with rolling out a regrettable decision is dumped over a flawed idea that was probably not her own. It's not the awkward message or the messenger that stumbled. It's just a bad policy decision after they comped way too many people and the franchisees rebelled.

Here's a better idea: Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower and it's all just a bad dream that goes away.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 23, 16 at 4:11 pm
Old Dec 23, 16, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by yoganeck View Post
This quotation from Alfred Hitchcock perhaps best explains the "wooden box":

"It might be a Scottish name, taken from a story about two men on a train. One man says, 'What's that package up there in the baggage rack?' And the other answers, 'Oh, that's a MacGuffin'. The first one asks, 'What's a MacGuffin?'.'Well,' the other man says, 'it's an apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands.' The first man says, 'But there are no lions in the Scottish Highlands,' and the other one answers, 'Well then, that's no MacGuffin!' So you see that a MacGuffin is actually nothing at all."

-Hitchcock, 1939
Old Dec 23, 16, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by yoganeck View Post

Here it is I am not showing my MH Concierge's card
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  IMG_1283.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  1.02 MB

Name:  IMG_1284.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  951.1 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Last edited by edgewood49; Dec 23, 16 at 5:59 pm Reason: more information
Old Dec 23, 16, 7:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
52 nights/15 stays/41K base point YTD

No survey received. Based in a 3rd world country, maybe that's why they dont care about my opinion anyway.
Old Dec 23, 16, 10:32 pm

For a data point - 88 nights/23 stays/145K base points YTD...I did receive their survey, and normally would have ignored it (500 points are not worth it for me...although with the future absence of Diamond amenities I might have to reconsider) but this time filled it out...I only hope they read the surveys they send out...
Old Dec 23, 16, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Ex, Marriott Bonvoyed Gold, HHonors Gold, DL, CX Marco Polo
With some of the FT community members sharing their survey data points, we are now being introduced to Hyatt's next focus group. Good Luck in changing the World (of Hyatt).
Old Dec 24, 16, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jayer View Post
I've been out of town. If it has already been batted around moderator please delete.

http://www.prweek.com/article/141699...ueller-departs

So the scapegoating has begun and somebody who was tasked with rolling out a regrettable decision is dumped over a flawed idea that was probably not her own. It's not the awkward message or the messenger that stumbled. It's just a bad policy decision after they comped way too many people and the franchisees rebelled.

Here's a better idea: Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower and it's all just a bad dream that goes away.
Why do you think she is probably innocent? If nothing else, her job was to object to monumentally stupid ideas.
Old Dec 24, 16, 3:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'll start... I must confess that I just booked a 4 night mattress run (not a real one by definition since a friend was able to use 2 of the nights) at the HP AMS. Rather cheap over the x-mas weekend and I had 46 nights till the end of the year.

Even with the changes and my dissatisfaction for the GP program lately I just couldn't let it pass. Those DSU and free breakfasts are probably worth it.... now burning those points next year.
Old Dec 24, 16, 6:11 am

I'm in the exact same situation -- I could've written the post below. I've been pretty unhappy with SPG lately despite qualifying for Plat 100 again this year. I status matched to Diamond in 2015 and have been trying to stay at Hyatt as much as possible this year to re-qualify. I'll barely squeak in again with 53 nights... almost all of these were done internationally, where the properties were fantastic. The lack of footprint and higher end hotels in the US, though, is appalling.

Despite this, I was still planning on switching the majority of my business over to Hyatt until this WOH stuff happened. Now I'm not so sure. I have a bunch of travel planned for January and am on the fence if I should be booking SPG or Hyatt at this point. This is probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping some of you will hear back from your Hyatt contacts and tell us that they are making some positive changes to the program so I can make an easier decision

Originally Posted by js7 View Post
My $0.02. I had been an SPG loyalist until I status matched to Diamond last year. My intention was to try Hyatt for a year while the SPG take over was sorted out and to go from there. I just re-qualified for Diamond/Globalist for 2017 with 50 nights, but I'm not sure I'm sticking it out with Hyatt. The international properties were great, but the domestic properties were mainly mediocre, but most importantly there just aren't enough of them (I know I'm not the first one to complain about this).

This was most apparent when the Hyatt House I usually stay at near Boston had a burst pipe and I needed to stay elsewhere and the nearest Hyatt meant I was driving nearly an hour to get to my office. Meanwhile, there are 3 Hilton, 2 IHG, 1 SPG and 2 Marriot properties within 15 minutes of my office.

Add the 60 nights to qualify for 2018 and I just have to say goodbye to Hyatt and say hello to SPG again. FWIW, the vast majority of the front line staff were great.
Old Dec 24, 16, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
I'll start... I must confess that I just booked a 4 night mattress run (not a real one by definition since a friend was able to use 2 of the nights) at the HP AMS. Rather cheap over the x-mas weekend and I had 46 nights till the end of the year.

Even with the changes and my dissatisfaction for the GP program lately I just couldn't let it pass. Those DSU and free breakfasts are probably worth it.... now burning those points next year.
Makes perfect sense to me. Anyone who can still qualify for Diamond this year should certainly do so. Hyatt has a lot of nice properties. Lots of them have worthwhile breakfasts. The late-checkout is a mainstay of a lot of our weekend getaways. Whatever works out with the DSUs -- they tend to work well for me -- is gravy.

So I'll continue to stay at Hyatt when it makes sense in 2017. For those who like irony, here's my take on it in the current situation. Under the old program, what made sense to me was good rates and/or junping through some hoops and pushing things to requalify, so that the good rates were further enhanced with benefits. I get it: Hyatt doesn't want me on those terms. The irony is that in the coming year, as I (and, I suspect, others) "dismount" from Hyatt, what will make sense is only selectively copping good rates to use with our existing Diamond (soon-to-be Globulist) 2017 benefits. But no "stretch": No more HPs and HHs, no going out of the way, no extra trips, no staying at the non-conference Hyatt, etc. With no hope of hitting 60 nights, and no incentive for any intermediate position, as Hyatt washes its hands of low-grade elites like me, we will be getting a kiss-off year (or 14 months) with all of the benefits and none of the costs of loyalty.

Enjoy! Next month I'm doing Andaz 5th Ave and PHV. Great b'fasts, and late check-outs that really enhance the experiences/value. Where you won't be seeing me is HR Boston, HP Florence KY, Hyatt Centric Chicago, Concourse LAX etc. (Unless they're the cheapest.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: