World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 21, 16, 10:12 am

Programs: ex-Hyatt Diamond soon to ex-globalist, Alaska MVP gold, Marriott Gold,Hilton Diamond, Ex UA 1P
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
The more I read about people's feelings about the program changes, the more and more it looks like what United did and lost a chunk of their high level elites (& their money) to other airlines. They're trying to win them back now, but I don't think it's working out to well for them. If Hyatt moves forward with this they're going to suffer the same fate.
You are right, it will take a couple of years before they notice the exodus. Maybe then they will try and get us back.
Old Dec 21, 16, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Yes, it's very similar. UA has now resorted to "gifting" status to pax who didn't earn it, which has just further antagonized those who continue to hit the published thresholds. Expect the same from Hyatt as a reaction to the drop in top tier elites, which will of course annoy the heck out of those who earned top tier with 60 nights.
You mean like the 30K people that Hyatt status matched last year?

Hyatt's not likely to make any changes to WoH until it has a negative impact on the bottom line ... and even at that, I expect Hyatt to be slow in making changes to the WoH program. The Pritzker family has controlling interest in Hyatt so really until the Pritzkers are unhappy with WoH, it probably won't change.
Old Dec 21, 16, 10:14 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
This basically already happened once, in slightly different circumstances. The SPG match. That's how I got on board with Hyatt, but it sure annoyed long term, loyal Hyatt patrons.

So was it a total failure? Bloat your ranks, anger loyal members, then restrict the program (in part because of that match?) and anger loyal members more. Drive them away. Then you need them back . . .
also part of all this is the "enticement" that Globalist will get a suite " if available" that is a joke. I do think in the short term there will be suites handed out but that will go away quickly as the managers and their owners realize how much revenue their losing. Internationally I think it will and is much better for us top tier travelers.

We shall see
Old Dec 21, 16, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
This basically already happened once, in slightly different circumstances. The SPG match.
I think that was founded on a reasonable strategy (attract SPG elites disaffected by the Marriott merger) but exceptionally poorly executed. As opposed to WoH, which is poor strategy poorly executed.
Old Dec 21, 16, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
The more I read about people's feelings about the program changes, the more and more it looks like what United did and lost a chunk of their high level elites (& their money) to other airlines. They're trying to win them back now, but I don't think it's working out to well for them. If Hyatt moves forward with this they're going to suffer the same fate.
And, just like with UA, I expect WOH Globs will be offered TOD-type upgrades to suites, while simultaneously being unable to use their DSUs:

Gary Glob: "Hi, I see on my mobile app that you have suites available. I'd like to use one of my DSUs to upgrade, please."

Desk Clerk: "Oh, I am so sorry sir. We here in the World of Hyatt really value your business as a loyal Globalist and would love to give you an upgrade, but unfortunately what you are seeing is availability for a 'Deluxe Junior Suite', which is not available for upgrade with a DSU."

Gary Glob: "What is the difference between a 'Junior Suite' and a 'Deluxe Junior Suite'?"

Desk Clerk: "A 'Deluxe Junior Suite' has a swing-arm light on the work desk, and there is an ottoman for the armchair."

Gary Glob: "Really???? So you can't upgrade me to a suite with my DSU?"

Desk Clerk: "I am terribly sorry, sir, but no... I can, however, offer you a special discount on an upgrade that will get you the suite you so desire."

Gary Glob: "OK? I guess. How much would that be?"

Desk Clerk: "Only $50- per night, sir. This is a very special price reserved only for our most important customers, Globalists, like yourself."

Gary Glob: "Oh, OK. I guess I'll take it then."

Desk Clerk: "A very wise decision, sir. Suites are very difficult to come by these days. Let me just make a notation here in your account and I'll have you on your way in no time!"

Last edited by zombietooth; Dec 21, 16 at 6:01 pm
Old Dec 21, 16, 3:52 pm

i just received and completed a survey from hyatt on a bunch of these topics.

from the questions asked, it's clear they know they've made some poor choices in the program structure, naming, tiers, etc.

hopefully change for the good is coming.
Old Dec 21, 16, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ahcjar103 View Post

from the questions asked, it's clear they know they've made some poor choices in the program structure, naming, tiers, etc.

as I said they are monitoring these boards
Old Dec 21, 16, 4:41 pm

+1 (me too)
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:05 pm

Christmas Box

Originally Posted by BobR View Post
+1 (me too)
Is everyone getting their Box? I just got a pretty nice wooden box filled with really goodies from "My Hyatt Concierge"

funny thing is I had just wrote him thank you!!
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:10 pm

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Hilton award nights now count towards lifetime program.
I think if Hilton and marriott/Spg wants to cull Hyatt members, it would be an easy Q1 for them!
so much for the 30k Spg members Hyatt tried to pull over 😜
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR

Desk Clerk: "Oh, I am so sorry sir. We here in the World of Hyatt really value your business as a loyal Globalist and would love to give you an upgrade, but unfortunately what you are seeing is availability for a 'Deluxe Junior Suite', which is not available for upgrade with a DSU."

Haha that story had me laughing

Until I realized how sad it was because it's likely going to be true
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe

I just tried clicking the email and got a "that's all the questions we needed from you".... Guess they really didn't want to hear what I had to say :P
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC

I too finished my survey. Nice gesture to give me 500 points but I would have been happy to fill it out for free to tell them what a mistake WOH is.
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
as I said they are monitoring these boards
I don't think anyone doubted that. The discussion was that around them not actually jumping in with clarifications etc.

No survey for me.
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by ws8n View Post
Hilton award nights now count towards lifetime program.
I think if Hilton and marriott/Spg wants to cull Hyatt members, it would be an easy Q1 for them!
so much for the 30k Spg members Hyatt tried to pull over ��
Hilton just recently proactively contacted one of my show promoters who has contracted with Hyatt for 250+ rooms at one of my trade shows (he has a 20+ year relationship with Hyatt and always rented huge convention halls and meeting rooms from them). Hilton offered the promoter 20% lower room rates for us attendees, lower rates on the convention facilities, and Gold status privileges for any participant who books through the show promoter (for the length of the stay).

The promoter contacted me to get my opinion about changing, and I told him that I was going to book into the Hilton anyway next year, and that I knew several other dealers who were doing the same.

He seemed inclined to leave Hyatt. We'll see what happens.

Search this Thread