Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Hit and run" also sums up the changes to the program.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:51 pm
js7

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
My $0.02. I had been an SPG loyalist until I status matched to Diamond last year. My intention was to try Hyatt for a year while the SPG take over was sorted out and to go from there. I just re-qualified for Diamond/Globalist for 2017 with 50 nights, but I'm not sure I'm sticking it out with Hyatt. The international properties were great, but the domestic properties were mainly mediocre, but most importantly there just aren't enough of them (I know I'm not the first one to complain about this).

This was most apparent when the Hyatt House I usually stay at near Boston had a burst pipe and I needed to stay elsewhere and the nearest Hyatt meant I was driving nearly an hour to get to my office. Meanwhile, there are 3 Hilton, 2 IHG, 1 SPG and 2 Marriot properties within 15 minutes of my office.

Add the 60 nights to qualify for 2018 and I just have to say goodbye to Hyatt and say hello to SPG again. FWIW, the vast majority of the front line staff were great.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by conde
I disagree that neither Jeff nor his staff should read or get involved with the posts and opinions here on Flyertalk. Jeff and/or someone else from Hyatt should be much more involved regarding follow-up communication which Hyatt initiates.

J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport, was the original poster for this WoH thread. Either he, a Gold Passport Concierge, or someone from the Hyatt Social Media team should be supporting Hyatt's original communications by responding to questions, concerns, and other comments within the thread they created. Hyatt's action of submitting a post on Flyertalk, then abandoning it, is kind of like a hit and run approach. Quite negligent on Hyatt's behalf.
well we can all disagree I do know that this and other threads are read,. Let's leave it at that.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bldr1k
I hit Diamond in November and my email says:

"Feel free to celebrate your new Diamond status any way you like. Jump for joy, scream and shout, and start to enjoy the elite benefits of Diamond status through February 28, 2017"

I guess this is just referring to my 2016 status and not to what is coming in 2017.
Yeah they've kind of bungled this in both the "You've Achieved Diamond Status Again" e-mail and on the website, but the App has it right - shows status valid through Feb. 28, 2018.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Any knowledge of Hyatt accepting status matches? My strategy is to qualify for Diamond before World is rolled out and lock in Globalist until Q1 2018.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Finance_underling
Any knowledge of Hyatt accepting status matches? My strategy is to qualify for Diamond before World is rolled out and lock in Globalist until Q1 2018.
Unfortunately, currently no status matches or fast track ... maybe a mattress run in Jan-Feb 2017

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...att-globalist/
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I think either Jeff or one of his staff reads these and others regarding Hyatt. And frankly he should not get emerged the daily post and opinions rather take it all in and decide how he wants to act. That's the job of an executive. I still contend that we have not seen the final version of WOH.
Doesn't really matter, as WOH is designed to be a program devaluation at the expense of Hyatt customers in the main. Revisions will be nothing but tweaking for short-term purposes or part of the PR game, but customers in the main will be facing a devalued program nonetheless when it comes to WOH.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I already had bookings to requalify for Diamond for 16th year and my last stay was at the Andaz London on Friday. As an aside the newest GM there , Otto, is doing his best to turn what was a luxury hotel into an average hotel.
That's disappointing. I stayed there a few years ago and it was a great hotel.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The more I read about people's feelings about the program changes, the more and more it looks like what United did and lost a chunk of their high level elites (& their money) to other airlines. They're trying to win them back now, but I don't think it's working out to well for them. If Hyatt moves forward with this they're going to suffer the same fate.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e
The more I read about people's feelings about the program changes, the more and more it looks like what United did and lost a chunk of their high level elites (& their money) to other airlines. They're trying to win them back now, but I don't think it's working out to well for them. If Hyatt moves forward with this they're going to suffer the same fate.
Sadly your right. I am liking AMEX PLT travel more and more
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I think that is a very good analogy and quite frankly that is what is supposed to happen when a company is so tone deaf to its loyal top clients.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, it's very similar. UA has now resorted to "gifting" status to pax who didn't earn it, which has just further antagonized those who continue to hit the published thresholds. Expect the same from Hyatt as a reaction to the drop in top tier elites, which will of course annoy the heck out of those who earned top tier with 60 nights.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, it's very similar. UA has now resorted to "gifting" status to pax who didn't earn it, which has just further antagonized those who continue to hit the published thresholds. Expect the same from Hyatt as a reaction to the drop in top tier elites, which will of course annoy the heck out of those who earned top tier with 60 nights.
This basically already happened once, in slightly different circumstances. The SPG match. That's how I got on board with Hyatt, but it sure annoyed long term, loyal Hyatt patrons.

So was it a total failure? Bloat your ranks, anger loyal members, then restrict the program (in part because of that match?) and anger loyal members more. Drive them away. Then you need them back . . .
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
You are right, it will take a couple of years before they notice the exodus. Maybe then they will try and get us back.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean like the 30K people that Hyatt status matched last year?

Hyatt's not likely to make any changes to WoH until it has a negative impact on the bottom line ... and even at that, I expect Hyatt to be slow in making changes to the WoH program. The Pritzker family has controlling interest in Hyatt so really until the Pritzkers are unhappy with WoH, it probably won't change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.