World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 13, 16, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
You should get 2019 BUT if you're doing it for the DSUs, those will expire 12 months after you qualify - which would be Feb 2018 and you won't get any more until you qualify again.
I think official word is that you won't get any DSUs at all from the 25 stay Jan/Feb2016 method. Hyatt came out and said you can't get 8 DSUs in 3/17.
Old Dec 13, 16, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
I think official word is that you won't get any DSUs at all from the 25 stay Jan/Feb2016 method. Hyatt came out and said you can't get 8 DSUs in 3/17.
Let's say someone joined Hyatt GP on Jan 1 2017 and completed 25 stays by Jan 26 2017 when the Diamond Status kicks in they would receive 4 DSUs which would expire Feb 28 2019. Later in 2017 when they complete 60 nights they would NOT receive 4 more DSUs.
Old Dec 13, 16, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
Let's say someone joined Hyatt GP on Jan 1 2017 and completed 25 stays by Jan 26 2017 when the Diamond Status kicks in they would receive 4 DSUs which would expire Feb 28 2019. Later in 2017 when they complete 60 nights they would NOT receive 4 more DSUs.
They would in that case. You don't get the DSUs for 2018-2019 unless you do the full 60 nights.
Old Dec 13, 16, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
This is all SO confusing. Can someone state as fact, that while the Gold Passport/WOH year (for accumulation of points towards status, DSU's) starts on January 1, 2017, anything achieved during that time 1/1/17 through2/28/17) is subject to the WOH program rules eff. 3/1. So 25 stays/50 nights stays/nights accumulated during that time will not alone make one eligible for:
1) Globalist in 2018
2) 4 DSU's effective 3/1/2018

Why would there be any incentive for anyone to do 25 stays in Jan/Feb 2017 ?
Old Dec 13, 16, 10:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
Nothing confusing about it.... it's the only way to qualify for Glob in 2017 without doing the 60 nights. But it's more theory than reality since few will do all those stays in the first 2 months.
Old Dec 13, 16, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
T
Somewhere way back in this thread, Zidell or one of his representatives said that 25 stays/50 nights between 1/1/2017 and 3/1/2017 would indeed result in Globocrap for the 2018 program year...but subsequently we have been told that unless one has 60 paid nights in calendar year 2017, DSU's won't be awarded. In other words, one could become Globopissed for 2018 with no confirmed suite upgrades.
Old Dec 14, 16, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by SportsTech View Post
Somewhere way back in this thread, Zidell or one of his representatives said that 25 stays/50 nights between 1/1/2017 and 3/1/2017 would indeed result in Globocrap for the 2018 program year...but subsequently we have been told that unless one has 60 paid nights in calendar year 2017, DSU's won't be awarded. In other words, one could become Globopissed for 2018 with no confirmed suite upgrades.
I would just abandon world of globalwhatever for SPG/Marriott/R-C .... by far the best coverage, and it looks like there may not be devaluation in the immediate future, i.e. for another status year.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 14, 16 at 6:11 am
Old Dec 14, 16, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by SportsTech View Post
The T+Cs are clear, no DSUs unless you hit 60 nts your first year, and 55 thereafter.
Old Dec 14, 16, 10:10 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
This is all SO confusing. Can someone state as fact, that while the Gold Passport/WOH year (for accumulation of points towards status, DSU's) starts on January 1, 2017, anything achieved during that time 1/1/17 through2/28/17) is subject to the WOH program rules eff. 3/1. So 25 stays/50 nights stays/nights accumulated during that time will not alone make one eligible for:
1) Globalist in 2018
2) 4 DSU's effective 3/1/2018

why are we discussing some of these ridiculous "what if's "
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:00 am

What I find interesting with the whole "best upgrade including base suites" is that my "home" Hyatt where I spend most of my days has recently reclassified a bunch of rooms from "Arcade Deluxe" to Suites.

I stay at the Hyatt Regency in Cleveland 35-40 nights a year. They are nicer rooms and technically you can close the door into the bedroom, but they are nowhere near as nice as the VIP suites you get with a DSU. Looks to me like they are watering down the suite classification, to make you feel better about getting an upgrade as a "Global" that you received as a diamond, but now they can tell you the upgrade was into a suite.
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Triadtravel View Post
What I find interesting with the whole "best upgrade including base suites" is that my "home" Hyatt where I spend most of my days has recently reclassified a bunch of rooms from "Arcade Deluxe" to Suites.

I stay at the Hyatt Regency in Cleveland 35-40 nights a year. They are nicer rooms and technically you can close the door into the bedroom, but they are nowhere near as nice as the VIP suites you get with a DSU. Looks to me like they are watering down the suite classification, to make you feel better about getting an upgrade as a "Global" that you received as a diamond, but now they can tell you the upgrade was into a suite.
Even worse, they, and many other properties, are likely reclassifying these rooms to water-down the DSU benefit.

This new WOH program is clearly a massive devaluation of benefits disguised with marketing-speak phrases such as, "more opportunities to upgrade for our very best customers".
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
why are we discussing some of these ridiculous "what if's "
Because I asked a question. Maybe "ridiculous" to you, but not to me.
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Triadtravel View Post
They are nicer rooms and technically you can close the door into the bedroom...
You don't necessarily even get that. I've been given an "upgraded" room at a Hilton which was basically a larger than normal room with a table and two chairs in one corner, a sofa in another corner, and the one double bed. No internal walls.

Out in the corridor, next to the room number, there was a little plaque which said "Junior Suite".

If it says it's a suite, it must be a suite, right?

Hope we're all ready for the games the properties will play. <sigh>
Old Dec 14, 16, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad View Post
You don't necessarily even get that. I've been given an "upgraded" room at a Hilton which was basically a larger than normal room with a table and two chairs in one corner, a sofa in another corner, and the one double bed. No internal walls.

Out in the corridor, next to the room number, there was a little plaque which said "Junior Suite".

If it says it's a suite, it must be a suite, right?

Hope we're all ready for the games the properties will play. <sigh>
Hotels have never looked in the dictionary for a definition of a "suite". Merriam-Webster defines it as "a group of rooms occupied as a unit". A simply larger room cannot, by definition, be a suite -junior or otherwise.
Old Dec 14, 16, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hotels have never looked in the dictionary for a definition of a "suite". Merriam-Webster defines it as "a group of rooms occupied as a unit". A simply larger room cannot, by definition, be a suite -junior or otherwise.
Have fun trying to explain that with the hotels.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: