World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 12, 16, 1:12 pm
  #2011  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
I am a Diamond member with expiration of 02/2017 since I have not qualified yet for 2017.

If I complete 25 stays from 01/01/17 through 02/28/17, will my Diamond/Globalist status expire in 03/2018 of 03/2019? I understand that I need 35 more nights to qualify for additional DSU certs, but I was curious about the expiration of my Diamond/Globalist status.

Thanks!
tampajim is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:12 pm
  #2012  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CMH
Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,011
After more consideration, the benefit of the Cat 1-4 certificates earned by staying at different Hyatt brands is even worse than I thought. It's not just that they're once in a lifetime, it's that it will be nearly impossible for me to earn both of them.

There are 12 Hyatt brands: Park, Grand, Hyatt, Regency, Andaz, Centric, House, Place, Unbound, Zilara, Ziva, and Vacation Club.

What I realized is that the first cert will be easy to earn by staying at a combo of HR, GH, HP, HH, Centric, and Andaz, but the 2nd cert will be nearly impossible. I'm forced to stay at either a Zilara, Ziva, or Vacation Club to earn the second cert, which I have no desire to do.

In other words, it would be easy to get to 9 brands for me but painful to get to 10.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Dec 12, 16 at 1:18 pm
nineworldseries is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:15 pm
  #2013  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CMH
Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,011
Originally Posted by tampajim View Post
I am a Diamond member with expiration of 02/2017 since I have not qualified yet for 2017.

If I complete 25 stays from 01/01/17 through 02/28/17, will my Diamond/Globalist status expire in 03/2018 of 03/2019?
Supposedly 2019, but I would not be the least bit surprised if they reneged on this, since it's not in the official T+Cs anywhere.
nineworldseries is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:25 pm
  #2014  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
I am a little concerned. I just called the Diamond help line, and they are very confused. The girl on the phone told me it would expire in 2018.

Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Supposedly 2019, but I would not be the least bit surprised if they reneged on this, since it's not in the official T+Cs anywhere.
tampajim is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 2:00 pm
  #2015  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,654
Originally Posted by tampajim View Post
I am a little concerned. I just called the Diamond help line, and they are very confused. The girl on the phone told me it would expire in 2018.
If you are just doing 25 mattress runs, then don't waste your time. If you are already planning to stay 25 nights in the first 2 months of the year, then you should have no problem getting to 60 with 10 more months to go in the year.

You know for sure that after 25 stays you will get Lifetime status with HGP. Unfortunately for you, the lifetime of HGP ends on 28 Feb 2017.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 2:02 pm
  #2016  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,699
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
After more consideration, the benefit of the Cat 1-4 certificates earned by staying at different Hyatt brands is even worse than I thought. It's not just that they're once in a lifetime, it's that it will be nearly impossible for me to earn both of them.

There are 12 Hyatt brands: Park, Grand, Hyatt, Regency, Andaz, Centric, House, Place, Unbound, Zilara, Ziva, and Vacation Club.

What I realized is that the first cert will be easy to earn by staying at a combo of HR, GH, HP, HH, Centric, and Andaz, but the 2nd cert will be nearly impossible. I'm forced to stay at either a Zilara, Ziva, or Vacation Club to earn the second cert, which I have no desire to do.

In other words, it would be easy to get to 9 brands for me but painful to get to 10.
Those certs aren't even worth any consideration for me. Should I spend time tracking and planning my stays around this promo and then waste more time trying to fit the actual award stay into my near-term plans? I suspect at some point in the next two years I will get a surprise notification that I met the requirement for the first cert and hopefully I can use it. If not, so be it. I doubt I will get to the second cert before the whole thing gets discontinued.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Dec 12, 16, 2:49 pm
  #2017  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CMH
Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,011
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Those certs aren't even worth any consideration for me. Should I spend time tracking and planning my stays around this promo and then waste more time trying to fit the actual award stay into my near-term plans? I suspect at some point in the next two years I will get a surprise notification that I met the requirement for the first cert and hopefully I can use it. If not, so be it. I doubt I will get to the second cert before the whole thing gets discontinued.
Meh, the Cat 1-4 range has certainly been devalued, but I'm not going to sneeze at a free night or two at the Olive 8 or the Fisherman's Wharf.
nineworldseries is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 4:11 pm
  #2018  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,699
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Meh, the Cat 1-4 range has certainly been devalued, but I'm not going to sneeze at a free night or two at the Olive 8 or the Fisherman's Wharf.
If I get it and if I find that it fits into my travel plans, I won't sneeze either. All I am saying is that I am not going to plan my (few) future Hyatt stays with the earning and using of this cert in mind. In other words, it's not a factor for me in selecting hotels.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Dec 12, 16, 6:31 pm
  #2019  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 90,120
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
If I get it and if I find that it fits into my travel plans, I won't sneeze either. All I am saying is that I am not going to plan my (few) future Hyatt stays with the earning and using of this cert in mind. In other words, it's not a factor for me in selecting hotels.
There's always a chance that Hyatt could add a brand or two.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 6:54 pm
  #2020  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston, Jo'burg, HK
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Posts: 10,818
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
"longer stays irrespective of the number of stays"

because having too many stays was holding people back?

That is a pretty clueless article. This is particularly groundbreaking:

"The new loyalty program will let customers earn points through the dollars they spend at Hyatt brands."

Imagine! How in the world did they come up with this idea?
This is funny. Trefis is actually a software company, and this was written by a bot. There is no context to what the article says, as it's pure GIGO.
Pickles is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 7:48 pm
  #2021  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,699
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's always a chance that Hyatt could add a brand or two.
I think there is a pretty good chance if you look at what they have added in recent years: Centric, Unbound Collection, Ziva, Zilara
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Dec 12, 16, 11:30 pm
  #2022  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Munich, Deutscheland
Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Posts: 452
Do we still get diamond amenity points when we stay between 1/1/2017 and 2/28/2017? Thanks!
Tommys888 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 16, 11:37 pm
  #2023  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,699
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Do we still get diamond amenity points when we stay between 1/1/2017 and 2/28/2017? Thanks!
You should because the HGP program remains the law of the land.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Dec 13, 16, 10:56 am
  #2024  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,173
Originally Posted by tampajim View Post
I am a Diamond member with expiration of 02/2017 since I have not qualified yet for 2017.

If I complete 25 stays from 01/01/17 through 02/28/17, will my Diamond/Globalist status expire in 03/2018 of 03/2019? I understand that I need 35 more nights to qualify for additional DSU certs, but I was curious about the expiration of my Diamond/Globalist status.

Thanks!
Assuming New Hyatt is thinking rationally and acting fairly, you should be OK through Feb 2019 because you've re-qualified in 2017 for the remainder of 2017 and for 2018.
JackE is offline  
Old Dec 13, 16, 11:00 am
  #2025  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 45,460
Originally Posted by tampajim View Post
I am a Diamond member with expiration of 02/2017 since I have not qualified yet for 2017.

If I complete 25 stays from 01/01/17 through 02/28/17, will my Diamond/Globalist status expire in 03/2018 of 03/2019? I understand that I need 35 more nights to qualify for additional DSU certs, but I was curious about the expiration of my Diamond/Globalist status.

Thanks!
You should get 2019 BUT if you're doing it for the DSUs, those will expire 12 months after you qualify - which would be Feb 2018 and you won't get any more until you qualify again.
Mary2e is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: