Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Globallist
THIS convo HAS and will continue to be beaten to death.

My final thought on WOH.

For me, its a shame to see DIAMOND benefits go.......I would actually chase 60 nights, if there was still a POINT AMENITY at check in for Globalist , but there's not, and now I've lost interest in steering my Business and Personal travel to Hyatt.

I saw TREMENDOUS VALUE, in the Program, the Product. I would rave to friends, family and Co-workers, what a VALUE, I felt, HYATT BRAND was for me. Yes, the people that work at HYATT will not change, and I believe over the past 6 years have improved their Service, and their want to be part of the HYATT team.

What am I losing? I'm losing what I perceive as value. Point Amenity, Diamond BK for 4.......

What they are losing? A person that will RAVE about HYATT. A person that would go out of it's way, to stay at a HYATT. There are not many brands that I feel are a true value in the World, just lost another.

Next year, checking into my favorite So Cal Hyatt, conversation will go like this. Front Desk "Mr.X, thank you for being a valued Globalist Member, even thou I see you don't travel outside the state of CA....."

Yes, the names suck..... there was no reason to re brand.

too bad

Happy Holidays
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
obviously feeling like WOH is taking for granted many loyal, long standing Diamond members. it's all good. the next 13 months i plan on maximizing my benefits at hyatt properties with minimal spend... using up my points, dinners and drinks that would have otherwise been enjoyed on property will be redirected to local establishments, etc. loyalty is a two-way street, and i have no proper voicing that with my wallet. has been a fun ride, but whereas before this WOH announcement i was dreading the spg/marriott merger, i now welcome it as it came at the perfect time. it is almost like i switched allegiances from hyatt to marriott, while enjoying the many perks of the spg loyalty program and gaining access to 10x as many properties as were available under hyatt. win-win for me.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Any Diamonds know if Starriot will do a match? Do I just call and ask?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Any Diamonds know if Starriot will do a match? Do I just call and ask?
best call and ask. I am sure that your call will not have been the first one nor the last
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I thought I would leave then I thought I'll stay because Hyatt has been pretty good to me. Then Marriott gave me an upgrade on my last 4 stays. Then I said, let me go back to Hyatt. Now, I really need my Bellagio stay to count by the end of the year, but Mlife says they have done evwrything they can. I contacted Hyatt and they are blaming Mlife. I've wasted too much time and now I think I'll just quit. I have 70 Marriott nights, the most I have ever done with them, but I've been to a bunch of places with no Hyatt this year. If I can't get my Mlife points to post this week then I'm done.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I wonder if Jeff is reading these posts...sure seems a lot of folks are going to be walking out the door...
maybe he does... BUT I think many here just THREATEN to leave and actually won't....
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
maybe he does... BUT I think many here just THREATEN to leave and actually won't....
I agree...many threaten...I'm not one of those. I understand when programs change, etc. This is just a no go for me...so, if you're reading this Jeff, I for one ain't bluffin'!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Decided to get off the fence, no sense in simply doing 25 unneeded stays only to get Globalist for another year. When the fact is Hyatt doesnt want me as their customer, so better to part now and keep the $$$ in my pocket and give it over time to those chains that welcome me

If at any time they get a footprint that works well for me I will give them another look at

It just doesnt make sense to me to stay with a company who doesnt want my biz. I have no hard feelings, as Hyatt decided the exact type of customer they want and I dont fit the bill
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:36 pm

Having read and re-read all this, it seems to me that the majority is upset about new "nights vs stays" requirements in the new "World of Hyatt".
I know I might be in the minority here, but it's hard for me to understand how could people qualify for Diamond (or - grrrr...Globalist) on stays alone.
I have 85 nights so far but only 19 stays. It seems that the number of nights is easier to attain than the number of stays (unless you are getting your status by one-night stays in one cheap hotel after another), so I really don't get why people are so upset about it. If anything - the demise of "Diamond amenity" seems much more disappointing. Well, that and the new silly names...
Or am I missing something?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Yes, you are.... obviously you didn't read the new requirements
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by in4tar
Having read and re-read all this, it seems to me that the majority is upset about new "nights vs stays" requirements in the new "World of Hyatt".
I know I might be in the minority here, but it's hard for me to understand how could people qualify for Diamond (or - grrrr...Globalist) on stays alone.
I have 85 nights so far but only 19 stays. It seems that the number of nights is easier to attain than the number of stays (unless you are getting your status by one-night stays in one cheap hotel after another), so I really don't get why people are so upset about it. If anything - the demise of "Diamond amenity" seems much more disappointing. Well, that and the new silly names...
Or am I missing something?
WoH wants you as their customer of the future! You spend more money with Hyatt because you spend more nights with Hyatt than the 25 'stays' crowd. Yes, you are their target audience for the new program. All these other folks abandoning Hyatt to chase the other shiny objects of loyalty because they will cling to the 'best' deal of the day will be in the same position in a year or so when SPG-Marriott does the same.

And that is the point of these WoH changes. They were not satisfied with the 25 stay crowd, even if spending their own money, to reach top tier status and receive the same benefits as you. You spend considerable more money due to the number of nights annually and all the savants on this thread that apparently know better than the entire Hyatt management staff just have to suck it up from here on out and take their business elsewhere.

Let us all look back on this thread, in 12-24 months and see the latest rage of the loyalty program at that time. Why not just date this thread 2 years from now and change Hyatt to SPG-Marriott and read the outrage from the disgruntled loyalists? I can't believe SPG-Marriott would abandon their 25 stay top tier elite program, what could they possibly be thinking, and with a recession looming, oh the humanity.......
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
WoH wants you as their customer of the future! You spend more money with Hyatt because you spend more nights with Hyatt than the 25 'stays' crowd. Yes, you are their target audience for the new program. All these other folks abandoning Hyatt to chase the other shiny objects of loyalty because they will cling to the 'best' deal of the day will be in the same position in a year or so when SPG-Marriott does the same.

And that is the point of these WoH changes. They were not satisfied with the 25 stay crowd, even if spending their own money, to reach top tier status and receive the same benefits as you. You spend considerable more money due to the number of nights annually and all the savants on this thread that apparently know better than the entire Hyatt management staff just have to suck it up from here on out and take their business elsewhere.

Let us all look back on this thread, in 12-24 months and see the latest rage of the loyalty program at that time. Why not just date this thread 2 years from now and change Hyatt to SPG-Marriott and read the outrage from the disgruntled loyalists? I can't believe SPG-Marriott would abandon their 25 stay top tier elite program, what could they possibly be thinking, and with a recession looming, oh the humanity.......
Perhaps they do want people like myself as their customer...I spend anywhere between 80 and 100 nights a year at their properties (and potentially could spend more nights, but sometimes go for Four Seasons or Ritz instead), but I could never qualify by stays (have never reached 25 stays in the past 5 years for sure)
But! and I know it's silly, but I will bitterly miss the lack of "diamond amenity". The logical part of me understands that 1000 points or a bottle of wine is nothing really, but the emotional part of me wants to have that choice. It made me feel warm and welcome. I know it's silly yet here we are...
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
They should just go with base points qualification only, and disqualify any amount not paid for directly by the guest.

Plus tax all US residents on all points and benefits as non-earned income.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus

And maybe if Marriott gets worse, Hyatt will devalue yet again. Or maybe not. Neither of us knows what will happen in 2 years. But we do know what happened a month ago.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
They should just go with base points qualification only, and disqualify any amount not paid for directly by the guest.

Plus tax all US residents on all points and benefits as non-earned income.
How about those P+C rates then or Corporate rates? I don't really mind setting a reasonable spend, but I also believe those less expensive stays can be profitable for GP as well, especially because the benefits for those tend to be very limited. But nights is a fairly common thing, also think about the promotions.

It's just that I find 55/60 nights year after year to be unreasonable and any less doesn't do it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.