Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Less than half of the $20,000 is actually spent on Hyatt. The rest on restaurants and plane tickets and other stuff. I do that to get 2 stays / 5 nights under the current requalification scheme.

But I also think I am missing something ... a status by spend qualification?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:21 am

By and large I do not get the histrionics here from the majority of people. There are a ton of people who by their own admission, stay 25 stays and about 25-30 nights, meaning they do a bunch of 1 nights stays. Many of those people also say they go out of their way to hit a HP or HH to get the stay credit to hit Diamond.

So why the massive sorrows here? The Explorist tier is still basically the same thing....it is 30 nights instead of 25. For those people, you still get club access 4 times a year, which is almost 20% of the stays you are doing anyway, and can EASILY cover any "real" stays such as a week in Paris, etc, where you are "making use" of your Diamond status currently. You still get the same Diamond upgrade you get now, just no club access. If you are staying in a HP/HH a bunch of times anyway, you already get breakfast and there is no club access or room upgrade to be had anyway. Sooooo...basically the same requirements as you meet now, and you get the same upgrades, and you get club access enough to make it count on important stays.

People with the credit card who have Platinum from it still get free premium internet, still get bonus points, still get late check out at 2, still get a minor room upgrade. I am not sure how that even changed at all.

I swear people just want to scream and throw poop for no reason. There is definitely some stuff to be irate about here (the MASSIVE devaluation through the removal of 1W bonuses, the Mlife downgrade, etc), but also some good, and the stream of overblown whining about things that truly, when evaluated logically, don't even affect or change most people's situations makes no sense.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
By and large I do not get the histrionics here from the majority of people. There are a ton of people who by their own admission, stay 25 stays and about 25-30 nights, meaning they do a bunch of 1 nights stays. Many of those people also say they go out of their way to hit a HP or HH to get the stay credit to hit Diamond.

So why the massive sorrows here? The Explorist tier is still basically the same thing....it is 30 nights instead of 25. For those people, you still get club access 4 times a year, which is almost 20% of the stays you are doing anyway, and can EASILY cover any "real" stays such as a week in Paris, etc, where you are "making use" of your Diamond status currently. You still get the same Diamond upgrade you get now, just no club access. If you are staying in a HP/HH a bunch of times anyway, you already get breakfast and there is no club access or room upgrade to be had anyway. Sooooo...basically the same requirements as you meet now, and you get the same upgrades, and you get club access enough to make it count on important stays.

I swear people just want to scream and throw poop for no reason. There is definitely some stuff to be irate about here (the MASSIVE devaluation through the removal of 1W bonuses, the Mlife downgrade, etc), but also some good, and the stream of overblown whining about things that truly, when evaluated logically, don't even affect or change most people's situations makes no sense.
Not quite devaluation for 1W as we do get a cat 4 free night when we hit 30 nights and a unlimited free night when we hit 60 nights. A cat 4 worth 15,000 pts and a cat 7 worth 30,000. I'm currently at 22 stays/61 nights so a cat 7 free night actually gets more than what 1W gets me

The 120 days limits, however, is the actual big issue and that means I need some careful planning next year....
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:33 am

Not true. As I posted near the beginning of this thread...the math indicates a severe reduction in value when compared to the current system, that only gets worse the more you stay. In most situations, you will be earning 10-35% less points per dollar spent without the 1W bonus.

The free night is a minor replacement, but overall, the points are WAY more valuable. In most situations, you earn more than 15k points through 1W in a year, and an expiring 1 night certificate is not worth 15k points. The lack of flexibility and fixed terms render it worth well under the max room value of 15k points. The 1W bonus allowed for accumulation of points to be used in a manner of your choosing...MULTIPLE low tier nights, Points and Cash nights, saved for high value nights like a Cat 7, no expiration, etc. Replacing them with a 4 month expiring, ONE night certificate is a severe reduction in value and worth. To get 15k points of "value" from the certificate, you need to stay at a category 4 property within 4 months, which even if you can and do, is still not as valuable as 15k points in your account...and that is in the best of scenarios. Given the change and the increased difficulty in hitting the new Diamond tier, they should have raised the earning bonus. Even a move to 40% bonus would have not come close to matching the lost 1W points for most people, even if they spent 20,000 a year.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Last night I was having several bottles of wine with a guy who travels equally with me but goes with Marriott's. Well as I slurred together the sentences, I realized I am still calling tier two exhibitionist. Yeah, I think I am going to have to go with that until the end of time. Also, Globalist? As a previous poster suggested, Hyatt may have missed the memo, but there is a huge anti-globalization movement in the world right now. Might not have been the most thought out name.
I believe the Exhibitionist tier would entail free upgrades to a room with no blinds/curtains and an in-room webcam with a live feed to video monitors in the lobby@:-)

Originally Posted by nihonto
So what's a uh, discoverist is it? Someone who is taking off their clothes? Dis-covering? I don't know. I don't want to be an exhibitionist.

But I did not know what I was signing up for when I joined THE WORLD (bum dum DA) OF HYATT

http://www.globalistagenda.org/

The Globalist Agenda represents a plan to bring all of Earth's inhabitants under the control of a single, global state. There is a small, but powerful group of individuals who are the architects and instigators behind the formation and implementation of this "New World Order". Using their influence through international organizations such as the IMF, World Bank, the Royal Institute of International Affairs (RIIA), the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the United Nations, NATO, and hundreds of other non-governmental organizations, the objective of these internationalists is nothing less than the subjugation of everyone on the planet as servants to a one world government (servants means slaves).

Do I really have to become one of the Illuminati because I stayed 60 nights with Hyatt?

It's all so strange and ominous now.
Greetings, Hyatt slaves, welcome to your sleep units!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Is it confirmed that the 4 club upgrade awards for Explorists (sic, tm) can be used on actual award stays.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
What is the Base point qualification thing at the bottom of the list ? is that basepints in the preceding year or total basepoints you have?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:58 am

From the Hyatt page under Explorist...

"4 Club lounge access awards valid on eligible rates or when redeeming points for free night awards"
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:59 am

Looks like it is time to burn the Hyatt Credit Card. I will hit 60 nights this year, but that is with 10 bonus nights for my CC spend. The benefits next year are good if you don't stay much and get a lower level bump up. If you are a 40-45 night person, the credit card in 2017 gets you nothing but a free 1-4 room at renewal. I can earn the same points for a Hyatt stay on my Sapphire Reserve Card and transfer them 1 for 1 to Hyatt, or move them to United, or cash them out, why commit them to Hyatt?

Looks like a Marriott Credit card with $30,000 annual spend gets you 25 credits after the first year, which is halfway to Gold. Spend $40K, get 28 credits, add in 47 and get platinum. Similar spend and nights at Hyatt gets me "First Place Loser" status.

Really need to think this through and figure out what is best. I do love my "home" hotels where I stay regularly, but not sure the changes are good for me
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:02 am

They clearly anticipate the need or plan for more status matches, challenges in the future...from the FAQ

"When do I receive access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge?

You will receive a dedicated agent after completing 60 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning 100,000 Base Points in each calendar year. If a member receives Globalist status through any method other than satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point earning requirements, the member will not receive a dedicated agent until the member completes 60 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earns 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year."
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
I can't speak for everyone else but I can assure you that I will never utter the word "Globalist", it's Diamond and I would bet that hotel staff would rather use that word as well. Discoverists are Platinums. But in keeping with the spirit of terrible names we can refer to the Explorist level as Platinum Pro.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Triadtravel
Looks like a Marriott Credit card with $30,000 annual spend gets you 25 credits after the first year, which is halfway to Gold. Spend $40K, get 28 credits, add in 47 and get platinum. Similar spend and nights at Hyatt gets me "First Place Loser" status.
There are easier ways to Gold on Marriott via credit card - $10K spend on the Ritz card ($75K for Platinum)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:10 am

It looks like Suite night awards require 3 night minimum and must use more then one award for 4 or more nights. https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/content/world/en/world-of-hyatt-terms.html
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
It looks like Suite night awards require 3 night minimum and must use more then one award for 4 or more nights. https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/content/world/en/world-of-hyatt-terms.html
Everything you see on current loyalty plan would be gone and invalid...
So please don't post things from gold passport for anything about world of Hyatt...
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
It looks like Suite night awards require 3 night minimum and must use more then one award for 4 or more nights. https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...att-terms.html
Incorrect. That refers to point upgrades. That is how it is now I believe.

From the new terms for DSUs...

"Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.