Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by GoodbyeHyatt
Been a loyal Hyatt member, been diamond for the past 10 years, have not taken up aggressive status matching from all the competition.....until the changes to the HGP program. I stay between 25-35 nights a year, usually just the one night, generally in good quality hyatts/andaz etc. I've put up with the limited choice of hotels to use my points for vacations and I've put up with staying a bit out of the way because I like Hyatt and the way I am treated. Hyatt must be completely unaware that the opposition is rubbing their hands with glee over this disasterous change at Hyatt. I've so far had matches for Marriott gold elite, SPG platinum and Hilton gold. Adios Hyatt, it's been fun but you just lost a loyal customer.
Matched to SPG plat, or challenged to plat?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Jeff's Response
We had 23 properties in Europe in 2011, and it’s grown to 37 in 2016 – a 60% increase in that time period. Plus, we currently have 8 hotels in Europe under construction that will open by the end of 2018.
I think I'll print this response, frame it, and put it on my bedside table every time I stay at a non-Hyatt property outside the US. It'll be nice going to bed chuckling about the "World of Hyatt."

Originally Posted by Cygnet
Agree. Taken to the extreme, Jeff's answers imply that any current Diamond who is made Globalist for 2017, can be assured of being granted Explorist for 2018 (and by extension, Discoverist for 2019?) even if they make 0 stays and $0 Hyatt spend from this point onward. Somehow, don't think that's gonna happen...
The soft landings are perhaps the craziest aspect of these crazy program changes. So here Hyatt is implementing changes to roll back some of the damage of the excessive Diamond status matching in 2015, and the solution is to give all those "fake" Diamonds mid-tier status for a couple more years?!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JackE
Did you mean 2017, or maybe 2018?
Sorry, I'm jet lagged. I meant 2018 as I already was Diamond through February 2017 and I just requalified for the following year, which would be as a Globalist and in fact GlobalistMinus unless/until I do my 60 nights.

I just corrected my post. Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Lot of really disappointing nonsense from hyatt in this thing. I have been trying for be cautiously optimistic but I'll be honest...first, the response about Europe is unreal. "Uhh, we have gone from damn near none to barely any, so you can do 60 nights easily" is not a good answer regarding your presence in Europe. You admit you'd need almost TWO nights a year at EVERY SINGLE hyatt in Europe and act like that's a reasonable outcome?? Second, the best available room language is VERY troubling. The first hotel that gives me some **** room when they have others available and points to that will be my funeral dirge at hyatt.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Wow -- just wow! I understand real answers are more difficult than corporate speak but really? (and I don't live in Europe)

As others have mentioned, it was an enjoyable run being a Hyatt Diamond over the years. Time to move on aka burn those points in '17.

Cheers
Thanks Markie for passing on the questions and answers.

Originally Posted by Jeff's Reply
6. Can you please address the fact that it is so much harder for members from Europe to qualify under the new conditions (when it was already harder previously), due to the lack of Hyatt Place hotels and the generally small international footprint? Isn't it contradictory to call the new level Globalist, but to make attaining it mostly only possible for people who live in the USA?

We had 23 properties in Europe in 2011, and it’s grown to 37 in 2016 – a 60% increase in that time period. Plus, we currently have 8 hotels in Europe under construction that will open by the end of 2018.
As the person who asked the original question: Is there any other way to take this than a "f you"?

As a sidenote, where are these 8 hotels that are under construction? I know about Andaz Munich, which might be useful for me. Of the new hotels they opened, only the Park Hyatt in Mallorca is of interest to me.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:45 pm

Jeff Zidell,

I have been with Hyatt for about two decades. The elimination of "stay" as one of the ways to qualify for the globalist/diamond status makes it very difficult for some travelers (like me), who don't stay at one place extensively. As a current diamond member, this change is very disappointing. While I would love to stay with Hyatt, it's clear to me that Hyatt doesn't care about a customer like me or forces me to switch to other hotel chains. It's utmost frustrating.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by pt0001
Jeff Zidell,

I have been with Hyatt for about two decades. The elimination of "stay" as one of the ways to qualify for the globalist/diamond status makes it very difficult for some travelers (like me), who don't stay at one place extensively. As a current diamond member, this change is very disappointing. While I would love to stay with Hyatt, it's clear to me that Hyatt doesn't care about a customer like me or forces me to switch to other hotel chains. It's utmost frustrating.
At two decades and not LT Diamond?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
This is the kind of changes that are supposed to benefit me, as someone who has 100,000 base points for the year but fewer than 25 stays and 50 nights.

With that said, I see no incentive to continue on, as there is no additional bonus threshold for someone until they hit 70 nights, and this was a heavy travel year, and i probably won't be hitting more than 75-90k points on a regular basis, but staying at hyatts is too much of an inconvenience for me, even though most of my travel is in major metropolitan areas. I will likely burn all of my points next year and then focus on starwood plat and hilton diamond (which has an easy way to maintain gold if my year is light on travel)

I could see myself making some effort for 30 stays, or 75k base points, but not with the current requirements
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I have about 4 1/2 years as Diamond, but I have yet to hit 100K lifetime base points.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pt0001
Jeff Zidell,

Member for nine years, and this is what gets you to post for the first time!

Hyatt, take note.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I have over two decades, most of them Diamond, and am at 110K base. My pattern has been between 25-30 nights, half at HP to maintain Diamond. Since WoH was announced, I cancelled all my HP reservations.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
Member for nine years, and this is what gets you to post for the first time!

Hyatt, take note.
Ok, off topic, but that has got to be a lurker record! Welcome to posting, PT!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by antonius66
Lot of really disappointing nonsense from hyatt in this thing. I have been trying for be cautiously optimistic but I'll be honest...first, the response about Europe is unreal. "Uhh, we have gone from damn near none to barely any, so you can do 60 nights easily" is not a good answer regarding your presence in Europe. You admit you'd need almost TWO nights a year at EVERY SINGLE hyatt in Europe and act like that's a reasonable outcome?? Second, the best available room language is VERY troubling. The first hotel that gives me some **** room when they have others available and points to that will be my funeral dirge at hyatt.
And that is the problem with the benefits language. We all know there are a small number of Hyatts that do everything possible to keep from providing Diamond upgrades. Judging by history, I am sure Hyatt corporate will let a few properties "get away with it."
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Football Fan
How about just admitting that you were repeatedly spreading misinformation that had absolutely no basis in fact, and doing it again even after having been corrected by several people.
^^^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
All four of mine will go unused.
Ditto.

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Hilton Diamonds should know better than to expect a suite upgrade
So true.

Is there a thread on the results of the Q&A with Jeff Z re the AMA Reddit thing? I got one email but never got an official invite and wouldn't have been able to attend anyway. Would love to see what posters/bloggers say about the Q&A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.