FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1798925-world-hyatt-pre-launch.html)

SCEflyer Oct 28, 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 27403611)
It's a hypothetical loss of income for the hotels, on the belief that, if the DSU was not being used, somebody else would come along and pay full price for the suite.

You might be correct, but at the same time I am sure that Hyatt and the specific property each have sophisticated revenue management systems, which would enable them to project whether they will be able to sell the suite(s) on specific dates. If there is a reasonable likelihood that the suite can be sold, it might not be available to someone trying to use a DSU.

silverfalls Oct 28, 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 27401859)
If you're going to call the first two tiers Discoverist and Explorist, shouldn't Explorist be the lower first achieved tier?

Normally, you explore first while you are looking for something, and then only after it's found, have you discovered.

Do you really think Hyatt has someone with that level of intelligent? ;)If they had, they would not have come up with such name and elite status in the first place.:D:D

T8191 Oct 28, 2016 8:18 am

Wow, the marketing is so exciting I might be persuaded to migrate from Hilton Honours. The thought of being a Globalist has me all aquiver.

PTahCha Oct 28, 2016 8:18 am

Looks like the T&C appendix C (Elite tier information) is overwritten by appendix D (MLife relationship). As amateur as the logo.

edcho Oct 28, 2016 8:22 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 27404148)
Looks like the T&C appendix C (Elite tier information) is overwritten by appendix D (MLife relationship). As amateur as the logo.

Looking at the programming, C and D have the same text. Looks like they copy and pasted the code + forgot to replace the contents.

silverfalls Oct 28, 2016 8:27 am

Originally Posted by davie355 (Post 27402315)
I think the point of these names is to be discreet and down to earth. You're not meant to brag about your tier; you're encouraged to be empathetic rather than pretentious.

You you have a tier, you are going to brag about it regardless what you name the tier.

Hyatt too will differentiate(treat) customers based on their level.

VA1379 Oct 28, 2016 8:34 am

I'm going to burn points next year and go back to Marriott as my primary hotel chain with Hilton as my backup. Hilton Diamond isn't as valuable, but 30 stays is a lot easier to get if I want to qualify for it again, especially since award stays count towards that number. Lifetime platinum with Marriott so I don't need to worry about nights there.

Mary2e Oct 28, 2016 8:43 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 27403679)
Looking at the WoH T&C. Seems that C+P rates will no longer be eligible for use in Suite Upgrades or the new Club Upgrades?

Actually, this sounds like upgrade AWARDS - as in using points and doesn't appear to be much of a change. You have to pay an eligible rate.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it applies to DSUs.

oc2005 Oct 28, 2016 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 27404273)
Actually, this sounds like upgrade AWARDS - as in using points and doesn't appear to be much of a change. You have to pay an eligible rate.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it applies to DSUs.

I think you are right -- I think the terms for DSUs (or are they GSUs now?) are not available yet since Appendix C of the terms is not loading correctly.

hdfdisk Oct 28, 2016 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 27403603)
Hyatt doesn't pay anything for DSU's. I don't see how they could be losing money.

That's not true.
For most of the properties Hyatt is just the management not the property owner. Which means Hyatt has revenue sharing agreement with the property owner.
And yes that means corp needs to pay property owner for every point/free night/DSU redeemed. Not the market price of course, but they do have cost.

So yes, Hyatt would be happily screwing those who pay $2500 per years to game the system for DSU and promos.

Biggie Fries Oct 28, 2016 8:55 am

Well, if this is the worst thing that happens to me this year, then I suppose I have a good enough life.

That said, so far this is the worst thing -- what a drag!

I have been qualifying on 25 stays (~40+) nights, with the Chase Hyatt Visa stays (and nights) on $20,000 spend (and potentially on $40,000) being an important part of my back-up and credit card usage scheme. I have to say, I really like Hyatt. It helps that I am writing this from PHV, but, hey, last weekend I was at the HR Lexington, and they treated me great, too.

But I just can't figure out how I will be able to ever become a Globalist. This year at best I may do 50 in-bed (non-credit card nights), and that would be a record. I might also poop out at 45. Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I've done close to 20 other nights out... but these were (like last night!) in places that had no Hyatts.

I feel frozen out. Maybe it's being at PHV, but I rather enjoy the breakfasts and the 4pm late check-outs!

Some folks have noted that there are 15 months or so until this goes into effect, and point well-taken. This said, the next re-qualification campaign starts in two months, and it will be hard to be all-in with Hyatt next year knowing I can't make Globalist.

If you are crying for me now, try to get a grip.

hdfdisk Oct 28, 2016 8:59 am

Originally Posted by oc2005 (Post 27404293)
I think you are right -- I think the terms for DSUs (or are they GSUs now?) are not available yet since Appendix C of the terms is not loading correctly.

It has been confirmed DSU can even be used on award/point nights, let alone point + cash...

Kacee Oct 28, 2016 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 27404337)
the next re-qualification campaign starts in two months, and it will be hard to be all-in with Hyatt next year knowing I can't make Globalist.

Good point. If they keep SPG Plat at 25 stays for 2017 (and I believe indications are that they will), I may focus on SPG rather than Hyatt.

I did a rough tally of my total nights last night and it's somewhere around 60 so far this year, with Hyatt getting less than half. Since I already go out of my way to stay with Hyatt, I don't think it's feasible for me to do 60 Hyatt nights. This is the Hyatt footprint problem and it's why they can't act as if they're Marriott.

btw, 60 nights a year is one night out of six in a hotel. Most normal people would say that's insane ;)

antonius66 Oct 28, 2016 9:08 am

So is it just me or are the new terms and conditions missing the section on elite status? It seems like that Appendix C is the Mlife section, Appendix D, copied over twice.

I just noticed the tier explanation on the Hyatt website says under DSUs..."4 after 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 base points each calendar year." So does that literally mean that if you hit 55 nights you will NOT get 4 DSUs?

It is real bad form to roll something like this out without having all the ducks in a row. The website still says that Globalist gets Guaranteed Availability at 48 hrs but the Explorist gets it a 72, which has to be a typo. Too many unclear questions and mistakes. Seems like they would have run this through some people to make sure questions and such were clearly answered before rolling it out. Of course, based on the asinine names that clearly NO ONE likes, they did not run it by anyone.

hdfdisk Oct 28, 2016 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 27404337)

I have been qualifying on 25 stays (~40+) nights, with the Chase Hyatt Visa stays (and nights) on $20,000 spend (and potentially on $40,000) being an important part of my back-up and credit card usage scheme.

$20,000 on Hyatt (I'm not sure if all your spent on Hyatt credit card is in Hyatt only or not, but I assume you are) would makes you qualify by base point...

BTW I do wanna see Hyatt credit card increase to maybe 4pt/$ in Hyatt though. Otherwise I don't see why I need to use it instead of CSR....