Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:51 pm

So did the thing even go off? I never got any email with a link to it, I don't see a thread about it, and can't find anything about it online.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by antonius66
So did the thing even go off? I never got any email with a link to it, I don't see a thread about it, and can't find anything about it online.
See all the messages above that talk about it.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:02 pm

Yeah I finally found the actual AMA. Man what a disaster that looked like. So he basically did not answer anything, and regurgitated a bunch of empty corporate blather that is largely already on their website and such. Really useful.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by antonius66
So he basically did not answer anything, and regurgitated a bunch of empty corporate blather that is largely already on their website and such.
He was slaughtered by Redditors in real time. And the AMA was indeed a disaster... but that's pretty common in meet-the-public situations like this. I still remember a little cabal of Diners Club execs doing a live chat here on FlyerTalk, years ago, as their program was unraveling. Their answers were so programmed and plasticky and evasive, I am sure the event hastened the end of DC as we then knew it. As for Hyatt... I see no rationale for WoH and Zidell was entirely unable to explain why it's better for customers. His choice to expose himself to an AMA made no sense.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Yes, but then why name the top tier "Globalist"?
A U.S. citizen that travels all over the world is a Globalist. Someone who lives in Asia and travels all over the world is a Globalist. A European who travels all over the world is a Globalist. A European who wishes to stay in European Hyatt's is not a globalist.

You can earn miles with Lufthansa Miles and More while domestically flying UA. Also, e.g. BA (until recently) did have lower qualification requirements for people outside the UK. (I do see the problems with that, though, because many people of course changed their address just to requalify.)
Right but UA sucks, I don't want to fly them. I want to fly Lufthansa.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
A U.S. citizen that travels all over the world is a Globalist. Someone who lives in Asia and travels all over the world is a Globalist. A European who travels all over the world is a Globalist. A European who wishes to stay in European Hyatt's is not a globalist.
What about an American who only stays in Hyatt Place hotels in Iowa, 60 nights a year. Right...a Globalist. I am not impressed by your reasoning.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
Too bad we can't bet points on whether Zidell will last a year after this thing launches.
He answers to the CEO who answers to the director who represent the shareholders. What makes you think he won't be around in the future?

Unless we vote heavily with our wallets, he'll be a hero to the bean counters.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I just read that AMA. LOL. Brutal. Corporate speak, avoiding any straight answers. Pitiful.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
That's your own personal definition. Here is a more standard one:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/globalist

someone who believes that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way, rather than according to what is best for one particular country :

"He is a globalist, whereas we are nationalists who will put our country first."

"She is critical of the president's globalist foreign policy."
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cmglobal
He answers to the CEO who answers to the director who represent the shareholders. What makes you think he won't be around in the future?

It's quite possible that Mr. Zidell has simply been tasked with implementing and explaining program changes that were mandated by others. I would hesitate to single him out for blame without first knowing who actually conceptualized this fiasco.

What about an American who only stays in Hyatt Place hotels in Iowa, 60 nights a year. Right...a Globalist. I am not impressed by your reasoning.
+1
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's quite possible that Mr. Zidell has simply been tasked with implementing and explaining program changes that were mandated by others. I would hesitate to single him out for blame without first knowing who actually conceptualized this fiasco.
Yup. Have to wonder, though, if he was tasked with selling it to Redditers. That seemed to be a no win proposition. I assume no one here actuallly expected him to explain why it is actually a good change for many current Hyatt elites.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Kacee
No, he said he was tasked with reexamining his work and "for my team and me, that meant taking a fresh look at our loyalty program."

This is his baby. No matter how ugly it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...hyatt/da340z5/
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skunker
No, he said he was tasked with reexamining his work and "for my team and me, that meant taking a fresh look at our loyalty program."

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...hyatt/da340z5/
My point stands regardless. Whether this is his brainchild or not, he's doing the bidding of his superiors and his job is not in jeopardy.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skunker

Um, ever hear of taking one for the team? It's kind of an essential survival task in the corporate environment.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cmglobal

Yes, I'm referring to our wallet-votes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.