World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 16, 16, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
6. Can you please address the fact that it is so much harder for members from Europe to qualify under the new conditions (when it was already harder previously), due to the lack of Hyatt Place hotels and the generally small international footprint? Isn't it contradictory to call the new level Globalist, but to make attaining it mostly only possible for people who live in the USA?
Have you considered vacationing in the U.S.? I don't get your argument. Hyatt is an American company so the fact there are more Hyatt hotels in the U.S. shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I really like Lufthansa and would love to fly more and earn top status with them. Unfortunately, they don't do domestic flights in the U.S. so it's harder for me to earn miles. Should they make it easier for Americans?
Old Nov 16, 16, 4:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1 View Post
Have you considered vacationing in the U.S.? I don't get your argument. Hyatt is an American company so the fact there are more Hyatt hotels in the U.S. shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I really like Lufthansa and would love to fly more and earn top status with them. Unfortunately, they don't do domestic flights in the U.S. so it's harder for me to earn miles. Should they make it easier for Americans?
A UA*G earning LH*G from mostly US flying isn't all that difficult as it is for a European Hyatt Diamond to earn Hyatt Globalist status from mostly US Hyat Place/Hyatt House/domestic stays.

Some airlines make status acquisition/retention easier for customers in some markets than other markets. DL is an example of that. SAS is another example. And there are more. Some hotels also do this kind of thing, in some way or another.
Old Nov 16, 16, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
4b. Would Explorist who doesn't make the 10n be softlanded to Discoverist in 2018?
Old Nov 16, 16, 5:59 am

Have to agree here. The gripe is the point that International properties cost significantly more per night. Technically, that's addressed via the base point qualification option except the math is largely unfair. The average amount of base points earned for any 55-60 night combo comes nowhere close to 100K accumulated base points.
Old Nov 16, 16, 6:09 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Some European airlines do that (or at least did): Lower requirements for non-home-based customers.
Old Nov 16, 16, 6:24 am

Another question:

1) If an Explorist reserves two rooms and chooses to use a Club certificate, will guests staying in both rooms be given access to the lounge? If not, could the member choose to use 2 of the 4 club certificates so long as both rooms are reserved in the Member's name?

2) If a reservation is made using a combination of cash and the credit card anniversary night (for a multiple night stay) would the Explorist using a club cert only get access for part of the stay?
Old Nov 16, 16, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Twinmommy19 View Post
Another question:

1) If an Explorist reserves two rooms and chooses to use a Club certificate, will guests staying in both rooms be given access to the lounge? If not, could the member choose to use 2 of the 4 club certificates so long as both rooms are reserved in the Member's name?

2) If a reservation is made using a combination of cash and the credit card anniversary night (for a multiple night stay) would the Explorist using a club cert only get access for part of the stay?
I suspect that these answers will be similar to the way that it works now for Diamond members using DSUs.
1) If the Explorist wants club rooms on two rooms, then they have to use 2 upgrades. They are separate rooms and each one will require an upgrade certificate to make it so.
2) That will be up to the hotel on whether they will keep you in the room or not.
Old Nov 16, 16, 7:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by igoncrazy View Post
Anyone know if the upgrade to best available room at check in apply to all hotels? For example, will it apply to PH Maldives or Sydney? The DSU don't apply to these hotels...wonder if WOH will change this?

I can't imagine PH Maldives will allow a free overwater bungalow even if WOH allows it, but if so, that would be a perk.
If there happens to be an OWB available when you check-in, for the duration of your stay (seems unlikely), I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you.
Note that it says up to a "standard suite". Overwater bungalow is not a standard suite. Don't expect a hotel to put you in a better room just because they don't have standard suites for DSUs. It would be nice but not in the least bit guaranteed.
Old Nov 16, 16, 9:19 am

The same hotels that have exclusions against DSUs will still have them against giving you free suites at check in.
Old Nov 16, 16, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
I am awaiting for an email from Hyatt with the dial-in details for today's call with Jeff Z. This was announced in a mail last Thursday. So far nothing received. Did others get the 2nd mail?
Old Nov 16, 16, 9:49 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Originally Posted by EHAM1 View Post
I am awaiting for an email from Hyatt with the dial-in details for today's call with Jeff Z. This was announced in a mail last Thursday. So far nothing received. Did others get the 2nd mail?
me neither ... i asked yesterday for the dial-in, got confirmation I should receive the e-mail with instructions shortly. now - 1 hour before the event, still no e-mail...
Old Nov 16, 16, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
me neither ... i asked yesterday for the dial-in, got confirmation I should receive the e-mail with instructions shortly. now - 1 hour before the event, still no e-mail...
Another fine example of Hyatt's ability to execute.

Hopefully the email will arrive soon.
Old Nov 16, 16, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by forumpersona999 View Post
I do not think it is opt-in yet.

Anyone who was told of the AMA (which is probably all GP elites who did not opt out of marketing comms / program announcements) were told:

How do I participate?

1. You will receive an email on November 16 with the link to the AMA.

I think everyone is in the game and no need to take any action until the next steps are advised on 16 NOV.
I got the original email but not the second one with specific directions and the link. I also didn't find any clues on the reddit website. Does anyone know what's happening? It should be starting in less than an hour.
Old Nov 16, 16, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
No follow-up email here either.

Then again, what do we really expect from a 30 minute handpicked set of questions that isn't covered by Markie's Q&A.
Old Nov 16, 16, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
The same hotels that have exclusions against DSUs will still have them against giving you free suites at check in.
But on the other hand, those hotels that have been playing by the rules up till now will likely continue to do so.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: