Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Wow, amazingly I already received an email back from them:

After careful research, I was able to determine the underlying cause of these charges of gratuity in your folio. The breakfast is inclusive of one entrée, coffee or juice, sales tax and gratuity, which is $25. Anything over that amount will be charged to the guest folio. I pulled the original receipts and from there, the total amount is within the allowance for the Globalist breakfast. That being said, you should have not been charged for the gratuity. There was a problem with the interface between the Point of Sales in the restaurant and the hotel’s management system as we did a test run earlier. We identified the issue and has fixed it.
So, apparently they've fixed it. We'll see the next time I'm there (or if someone else gets there earlier than me). Kinda interesting that no one else has mentioned this or gotten it resolved before me. Maybe no one pays attention like I do?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That's definitely salmon in the poke bowl. If they advertised tuna then I would probably want the tuna or have it taken off the bill.

The suite shouldn't even be considered a suite. That small dividing partition is horrible and makes more problems than it solves with the tvs.
applejax likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jasonvr
So, apparently they've fixed it.
Sounds to me like she read the T&C and made up a story to cover her earlier misstatements.
ryandc99 and applejax like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's definitely salmon in the poke bowl. If they advertised tuna then I would probably want the tuna or have it taken off the bill.

The suite shouldn't even be considered a suite. That small dividing partition is horrible and makes more problems than it solves with the tvs.
Yeah, I really thought so too, but it does look like all the posted pictures. There is some sort of sauce on it that probably lightened the color, but it still wasn't like any ahi I'd ever had. Menu lists it as Hawaiian Big Eye tuna

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds to me like she read the T&C and made up a story to cover her earlier misstatements.
Yeah, the wording she put in there (entree, coffee/juice, gratuity) is straight from the T&Cs. I still can't believe she was trying to tell me that gratuity was up to the discretion of the hotel.... It probably doesn't help that it looked like everyone running the place was about 12 yrs old. There was one person working the restaurant that I was seriously convinced was not old enough to be working at all....Maybe I'm just getting old
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It probably doesn't help that it looked like everyone running the place was about 12 yrs old. There was one person working the restaurant that I was seriously convinced was not old enough to be working at all....Maybe I'm just getting old
We're basically at full employment in the bay area right now, which makes the pickings pretty slim if you're trying to hire a bunch of new people for relatively low wage service positions.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AA -PLT
I stayed this past weekend, and there were 2 adults and 2 children in my party. The bill came out to be $84 with tip, and it was all taken off at checkout. The self Parking fee was taken off as well without my asking.

I was also proactively upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. It was a great 1 night stay for me.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:05 am

Had another stay. Didn't have breakfast posting issues this time, but not totally convinced because it was a 3 night stay, but morning 1 had to leave early and didn't get breakfast, morning 2 the system was down and they just asked for my room number, and I checked out immediately after breakfast for morning 3.

Got put in a studio suite again (preassigned and didn't have to ask - hotel was showing sold out), similar layout with the weird partial divider. Layout was a bit different though as there wasn't a "closet area" like the previous room. Couch was different and had a chaise lounge area. When I arrived, only one remote in the room and it didn't work. Had to get engineering up to replace the batteries. Second remote randomly appeared in the room the next day even with the DND sign out.

Opted out of housekeeping again, points didn't post again

There is definitely something wrong with the sound insulation between floors. Possibly related to the hard, non-carpeted floors. First night at 3:30 I heard what could only be a giant doing gymnastics in the room above me. Next night at 2:30 I heard the same. And I travel with a loud white noise machine to block out most hotel noise. The next morning at breakfast I overhead someone else's conversation describing the person above them as "walking like an elephant". They were on the 5th floor, same floor as me. Not sure if we were hearing the same person or not.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:04 pm

Well, spoke a little too soon. After checkout they retroactively charged me $5.45 for water. I've emailed them to get it credited back... At least they didn't mess up breakfast this time
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Of interest to anyone who regularly visits Bay Area / Silicon Valley. This area has historically been very poorly served by nice hotels. A few Aloft's have opened recently but there's a lot of crummy stuff.

Spent two nights at the Hyatt Centric Mountain View which opened last July and wanted to share my experience and some photos.

Love the hotel and location. New hotel, great finishes, wonderful location - and no offensive "signature scent" pumped into the air.

Only complaint was the water pressure in the shower but this is a California thing.

Location: hotel is located in Mountain View inside a larger complex called "The Village at San Antonio". A few great restaurants in walking distance (Pacific Catch, Paul Martin's Grill, The Counter). Walmart, Kohl's, Target, Trader Joes, Whole Foods also close by (in walking distance).

+ my favorite cheap foot massage place (June Massage) is across El Camino.

As a Globalist I got upgraded a lovely suite (#416). Room was great. Had a Keurig coffee machine, complimentary Fiji water.

Got a $25 / per person breakfast credit which I used for a cappuccino and green smoothie each day. Pro tip (I think): always tell them that you are 2 people so you get the increased dollar amount.

Hotel has a nice mini pool deck on the second floor with a lovely hot tub... I spent half an hour in it last night. Temperature sensor read 98F.

Nice gym that has one Peloton bike that you can use.

Pro tip #2 : parking is $15 per day for self park and $25 per day for valet. The Hyatt mobile app prompted me with an offer to prepay for valet parking for $20 which I declined. Parking is around the corner and there is an entrance for the mall / office facility which is unattended. There is a separate entrance for the hotel. I used the facility parking and didn't pay.
Only failure was that I opted into the "no housekeeping" however housekeeping did clean my room.

Overall... love this property, location.

cvseuy likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
I wanted to post a video review here, is that allowed?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Great pictures and information; very helpful.

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Heres a video review of a VIP SUITE from Summer 2020

Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:10 am

It probably doesn't help that it looked like everyone running the place was about 12 yrs old. There was one person working the restaurant that I was seriously convinced was not old enough to be working at all....Maybe I'm just getting old
Back in spring they fired the GM at this property, could explain why theres a bunch of kids running the place now. Also just a side note, not sure if anyone has mentioned this but this property is a franchise, I always find that the franchises just don't have the real Hyatt customer service, like I would never expect them to pull a T&C move they would have apologized and removed it and probably offered some points for the trouble or something.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Truth or Lie: No King Room At 3:00 p.m? Explorist forced to change King -> 2 Queen

Honest question, how does Hyatt assign rooms? Other people also reported similar experience of randomly assigned room type with Globalist status at this property (Hyatt Centric Mountain View), is this common with Hyatt chain?

- Explorist status
- Paid stay for 1 King Bed + Sofa Bed (seems spacious and appealing), member rate
- Booked a week or so in advance, on Hyatt.com (if I booked the same day, or on 3rd party secret deal, I wouldn't complain at all)
- Received online check-in around 1:00 p.m., on the day of arrival
- Checked in physically around 3-4 p.m., told King Bed no longer available, assigned double queen bed and that's the only availability. (well, studio suites still available, but of course they ain't giving that to you for free, additional charges apply, which I found insulting. Standard studio suites only $40 up it's not like I was asking for a fancy suite. If hotel failed to honor room type, why don't just give away the studio?)

I found this very odd, unless half of the hotel guests are globalists, or staying over, how does this happen? No inventory for King bed At 3 p.m.? (the room was assigned at 1:00 p.m., I understand if I checked in late at night they may ran out, but 3:00 p.m.?!).

If what they were telling me is true, they ran out of king room between 1-3 p.m., yet everything was still on sale on Hyatt.com, no price bump, even at 11:00 p.m. the same day. Hard to believe.

In Hyatt for the reduced globalist requirement this year. So far NOT so good with Explorist status, hopefully Globalist is something that I will not be dumped on again at Hyatt.

I'm a Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum/Titanium and IHG Platinum/Spire in recent years. IHG complete trash (usually nothing at all, occasionally scored a suite at Kimpton but they wouldn't do breakfast) but I had some decent if not awesome upgrade with Marriott (once upgraded to a 2 bedroom/3 baths suites priced $3k+).
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Definitely not the hotel to stay in Bay Area. Many many hotels newly renovated nearby, try something else especially if you have elite status.

Randomly swap room types and likely made things up and double down (told me no King room at 3:00 p.m. standard check-in), my experience:
Truth or Lie: No King Room At 3:00 p.m? Explorist forced to change King -> 2 Queen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.