Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - CLOSED to 11Nov16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum

I made a reservation on 10/10 for a stay on 11/9. Unfortunately I received this email last night.

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Daytona Beach as your preferred hotel for your upcoming visit to Daytona. We are very sorry to inform you that due to Hurricane Matthew we are closing the hotel until November 11th, 2016 and we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservation at the hotel. We apologize for any inconveniences this situation may cause you.
This unfortunate natural disaster has lead us to have to cancel your reservation without any penalty and you will receive a separate e-mail notification of the cancellation. If your reservation required pre-payment, you will receive a full refund within the next 10 business days. For rate and availability information for Hyatt Hotels please visit www.hyatt.com. If you would prefer to speak with someone directly, please feel free to contact us at 800-323-7249. You may also reply to this message with any questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back once hotel operations have been resumed.

Thank you,
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach

While I understand the situation, as a loyal Hyatt Diamond should I request any points from Hyatt due to the inability to honor the reservation. I will now be forced to stay at a different hotel that will cost approximately $50 more. Hotels in the area have increased their prices due to availability in the area. Please keep in mind I made the reservation after the hurricane past. Should I just drop it and move on?
Thank you for the comments.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I wouldnt drop it.... while its a natural disaster, they should make things right... and "making it right" isnt a form letter.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Hyatt has no control over natural disasters. Move on.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I'll break the tie... move on and let it go.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:07 am

As iherebyresign notes, this was a natural disaster. A major natural disaster. Hurricane Matthew killed almost 600 people, including 43 in the United States. Be grateful it wasn't on your side of Florida and move on.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
You are kidding, right?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
No I was not kidding. I was there in Daytona until the last possible minute preparing our real estate assets, one of which is 1 mile from the Dayton beach coast. So I was very involved with this Hurricane and I continue to be through our clean up. Of our nearly 1500 units of apartments no one was hurt and our teams acted quickly to give our residents support the very next day.
So when I booked this reservation from the Hyatt Daytona, I expected that they were on top of their situation the same way we were on top of ours. Keep in mind that my reservation was not cancelled until 3 days after I made the reservation. In my opinion if they are closed until Nov 11th, then I am sure they property notified Hyatt to inform them of the damages.
My fault is not with the people who work at the Hotel, but rather Hyatt the corporation who most likely acted to slowly to restrict reservations to this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.