Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
So, I'll be staying in a SF hotel for the first time ever next week… I'm moving out and renting out my apt. Trying to decide where to stay… damn SF is overpriced.

I've narrowed it down to here vs. the Grand Hyatt. Both locations are fine, with the GH being slightly more convenient. How do the rooms and the breakfast offerings compare?
Are you not considering the HR? the hotel is nothing special (just a regular HR) but the lounge is great -- some of the best lounge food I've had at a US-based Hyatt. Nice view, too. Also, their "cocktail hour" features basically a full dinner buffet, and the destination fee (waived as globalist) gets you some daily credit at the bar or restaurant (even if it's waived for you)

If you were trying to save money on food, you could easily get all your meals at the hotel without paying (full breakfast and dinner at the lounge, and a snack for lunch at the bar with your credit).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:59 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Are you not considering the HR? the hotel is nothing special (just a regular HR) but the lounge is great -- some of the best lounge food I've had at a US-based Hyatt. Nice view, too. Also, their "cocktail hour" features basically a full dinner buffet, and the destination fee (waived as globalist) gets you some daily credit at the bar or restaurant (even if it's waived for you)

If you were trying to save money on food, you could easily get all your meals at the hotel without paying (full breakfast and dinner at the lounge, and a snack for lunch at the bar with your credit).
It's significantly more expensive for my dates, and doesn't look like it's worth a premium. I could almost stay at the St. Regis at that rate.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
It's significantly more expensive for my dates, and doesn't look like it's worth a premium. I could almost stay at the St. Regis at that rate.
Oh, that's too bad.

Unfortunately the GH and the HP are the two SF Hyatts that I haven't stayed at, so I can't comment from experience.

I'd be very surprised if the food at the GH was not better than the HP. It's a higher end brand and I've heard good things about that property. But, sorry, I have nothing first-hand to offer.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Food in the lounge is better at the GH than standard HP breakfast, but not at the level I would call "great". Very crowded. Staff is helpful but overworked during peak hours. However the view from the lounge is superb. Haven't been to the SF HP but HP breakfast is pretty standardized.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone stay here yet?

Looking like the best option for a work trip even though not my usual chain (Hilton and Marriott properties are way out of policy but Hyatt Place is still within reason)
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:54 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Stayed here multiple times. Good location and rooms. Didn't eat the breakfast but no complaints whatsoever.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:13 pm

It looks like they're opening a new rooftop restaurant and bar in the next few weeks: https://sf.eater.com/2021/12/13/2283...-san-francisco
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:48 am

Stayed last weekend.

No real globalist upgrade. They assigned me to the 8th floor. I would have liked a room on the top few floors with full width windows and better views. Or a corner room.

The room was fine. A typical Hyatt Place room. In relatively good condition.

I went to the rooftop. Reservations apparently book weeks in advance but we got there early enough to be put on the standby list and got a table. The cocktails were fun and the food was good. But it was cold and windy up there even while the sun was out. They say they close the rooftop when the winds hit 30mph.

Breakfast was the typical Hyatt Place buffet breakfast. They did have a nice outdoor area to eat at.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:54 am

I should say that I don't expect to ever stay there again.

Hyatt Regency SF rates are similar and the globalist upgrades, the breakfast, and the views are much better.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by avogadro
No real globalist upgrade.
Upgrades at HP are not a Globalist benefit. Still, they'll usually make a better effort on room assignment. Was the property full?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: QF SG
I'm curious on thoughts about staying here versus other properties like the HR SOMA (and any others).

I'll be in town for 24 hours for basketball at Chase. I've been to SF a few times so interested to wander around but no particular must dos. I'll be using points and all properties in the area are 20k per night. I don't have Hyatt status.

I'm leaning towards SOMA but this property is closer to Chase.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bacook
I'm curious on thoughts about staying here versus other properties like the HR SOMA (and any others).

I'll be in town for 24 hours for basketball at Chase. I've been to SF a few times so interested to wander around but no particular must dos. I'll be using points and all properties in the area are 20k per night. I don't have Hyatt status.

I'm leaning towards SOMA but this property is closer to Chase.
Personally, I would go with the HR Soma. It's a great property in an excellent location (I stayed there last weekend for the first time and was very impressed). Yes, the HP is closer to Chase Center, but not that much closer and both are within walking distance or a short car ride, so I wouldn't make that your deciding feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.