Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dsu inventory different for c+p??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dsu inventory different for c+p??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I recently ran into the same problem. It appears P&C plus SU requires different inventory than regular rate plus SU, at least for some hotels. My excellent Hyatt agent, Twitter, and GPConcierge all stated that my P+C reservation could not be upgraded with SU (despite suite inventory). My Hyatt agent explained that she could upgrade me if I switched to a regular cash rate.

In the end, the hotel manually confirmed the upgrade.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Twitter was able to push the dsu through. We really shouldn't have to resort to this. Thanks for twitter suggestion although it seems unfortunate that when twitter or hgp concierge can't force it through in some occasions.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:05 pm

Thanks cdancer20, appreciate the snippets and the link.
So I guess I was misinformed for a long time...and I lost lots of opportunities to use my DSUs as a result.
I'm so angry about hotels playing games with this, this is so ridiculous.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
After my interaction with Gold Passport Concierge here, I cancelled the GH DFW C+P and booked the Regency C+P with DSU. Guess I'm out of luck, as the C+P is no longer available at the GH
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
Hey All

Just a data point and a thought.

Booked C+P at PH Shanghai sometime ago. Tried to use a DSU at booking but was told was not available. Sometime later, I saw Park King Suites available but no more C+P. Called in again to try to apply DSU but told inventory bucket not available.

Then I saw both Park King Suite AND C+P availability sometime later so I called in again. They applied right there on the spot. Is it possible that you need both the upgradeable suite and the C+P available rooms for it to apply without manual intervention?

Side note: Third time is a charm!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:51 pm

I have another question about DSUs for clarification's sake.

I learned today that if a DSU is available for cash reservations, then it is always available for P+C reservations as well.

What about DSU inventory in general?

Can I apply a DSU to a cash/P+C reservation whenever a basic suite room (or whatever suite room the DSU books into) is being sold on Hyatt's website?

Or are DSUs inventory controlled, which would mean there can be cases where a suite room is bookable straight-up with cash, but not upgradable using a DSU?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had a similar problem with Hyatt Amritsar. The reservations team kept on stating that the DSU quota was over for CnP stays. Had to escalate to Twitter n Diamond line to get this sorted out.

Is this becoming a trend now ?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by agjil
I have another question about DSUs for clarification's sake.

I learned today that if a DSU is available for cash reservations, then it is always available for P+C reservations as well.

What about DSU inventory in general?

Can I apply a DSU to a cash/P+C reservation whenever a basic suite room (or whatever suite room the DSU books into) is being sold on Hyatt's website?

Or are DSUs inventory controlled, which would mean there can be cases where a suite room is bookable straight-up with cash, but not upgradable using a DSU?
Officially, as long as the base level Suite is available for cash (not as part of a package), then as long as you have a valid reservation (cash/P+C) then you should be able to apply the DSU.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Officially, as long as the base level Suite is available for cash (not as part of a package), then as long as you have a valid reservation (cash/P+C) then you should be able to apply the DSU.
Thanks a lot for the clarification.
I had countless instances where a hotel said they do not have anymore suites available for DSUs when they were still selling the base level suite under the standard rate category on the website.
Yet another ridiculous practice by the hotels...how can they keep doing this without getting noticed/penalized by the head office?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jameswes
I just got into a long discussion about this with one of the Hyatt SME's on here on the newbie thread. She swore up and down that DSUs are capacity controlled, i.e. that they don't have the same inventory as just paying straight out cash for the same DSU.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The supposedly "definitive" Hyatt statement on this issue is the one Gary Leff published:

To clarify, Diamond Suite Upgrade inventory (standard suites) is not capacity controlled. The same Diamond Suite inventory is available whether a Hyatt Gold Passport member is booking a Hyatt rate or points + cash.
Hyatt's Confirmed Suite Upgrades Aren't Capacity Controlled.

It seems a safe bet that Hyatt is having trouble with certain properties on this issue, thus the silence from HGP Concierge in this thread.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:17 pm

Tightening understandable this year with all the fake diamonds. Suspect back to normal in Mar.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:21 am

Same respsonse for me today from the HGP representative here on FT:

"I show that a DSU wouldn't be available during that time. I know the suit they use is showing available. There is somewhat different availability when using P+ C and a DSU. The hotel is showing that P+C and P+C+ DSU is sold out at this time so I would be unable to process the DSU. "

This is the PH Tokyo. I have a c & p reservation, several entry suites are available, but they wont let me use a DSU. I may try the Twitter team instead.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by heakja
Same respsonse for me today from the HGP representative here on FT:

"I show that a DSU wouldn't be available during that time. I know the suit they use is showing available. There is somewhat different availability when using P+ C and a DSU. The hotel is showing that P+C and P+C+ DSU is sold out at this time so I would be unable to process the DSU. "

This is the PH Tokyo. I have a c & p reservation, several entry suites are available, but they wont let me use a DSU. I may try the Twitter team instead.
From what I've read on this thread, the Twitter team should be able to apply your DSU and confirm you into a suite.
Very annoying, but at least it's a process that works...
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
That was not my experience (as mentioned earlier). Twitter provided the same response: Upgrade not available with P+C.

Originally Posted by agjil
From what I've read on this thread, the Twitter team should be able to apply your DSU and confirm you into a suite.
Very annoying, but at least it's a process that works...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.