Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dsu inventory different for c+p??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dsu inventory different for c+p??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Thumbs up Dsu inventory different for c+p??

Booked a c&p stay at the gh Tokyo. There is a grand exec king available but GP rep says they can't apply it because it's restricted to paid rooms. Is this a new thing?? I thought c+p and paid rooms were equivalent for dsu application.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by exmike
Booked a c&p stay at the gh Tokyo. There is a grand exec king available but GP rep says they can't apply it because it's restricted to paid rooms. Is this a new thing?? I thought c+p and paid rooms were equivalent for dsu application.
No no no no no. Lots of threads. I'd link but am on mobile. Hyatt has confirmed that c+p should have the same dsu inventory as a full revenue booking. HUCA?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Frustrating. I've called three times. I'll keep trying.

edit: interesting, just called and this time they laid it out and said this hotel will only apply the DSU to a full paid stay because the ones available to C+P stays have been used up. They offered to apply the DSU if I paid for the difference to a full paid stay. What are with these shenanigans?!??! grrrr

Last edited by exmike; Oct 10, 2016 at 9:40 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Send private message to HGP twitter team. I have had this happen a half dozen times and in each instance they were able to push through within the hour. Good luck.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Send private message to HGP twitter team. I have had this happen a half dozen times and in each instance they were able to push through within the hour. Good luck.
Yeah this question crops up every couple weeks. You can also pm GP Concierge here on FT.

Originally Posted by exmike
just called and this time they laid it out and said this hotel will only apply the DSU to a full paid stay because the ones available to C+P stays have been used up. They offered to apply the DSU if I paid for the difference to a full paid stay. What are with these shenanigans?!??!
Up next: GH Tokyo recategorizes suites to reduce DSU capacity.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
I got the same response from Gold Passport Concierge on here regarding a DSU on C+P at GH DFW yesterday:

"Good morning,
I am sorry the suite upgrade is not available using points+cash. Please let us know if you would like us to check any other stays.
Have a good day!
Anne"

"Hello Jimmy,
At Grand Hyatt DFW the suite upgrade is available with a paid rate of $247.10 per night, using the member discount rate...This is not a policy change, points+cash with or without an upgrade is determined by the hotel.
Anne"
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Had the same problem with the Andaz Xintiandi. My stay was only one night so I decided it wasn't worth the effort to push the issue.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by Sykes
Had the same problem with the Andaz Xintiandi. My stay was only one night so I decided it wasn't worth the effort to push the issue.
When were you notified that this was a problem? Recently?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
When were you notified that this was a problem? Recently?
About two weeks ago.

Having said that, this thread prompted me to call again to try my luck. The agent muttered something about it being sold out at the Cash + Points rate and put me on hold, then came back and said my upgrade was confirmed and that all is well. 🤔
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sykes
Although slightly off topic, the non suite deluxe room Diamonds often get at this specific Andaz is larger than the room type designated as entry level suite. So this is the last hotel I would use a DSU at... (although of course you can never rely on any upgrade)
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
I got the same response from Gold Passport Concierge on here regarding a DSU on C+P at GH DFW yesterday:

"Good morning,
I am sorry the suite upgrade is not available using points+cash. Please let us know if you would like us to check any other stays.
Have a good day!
Anne"

"Hello Jimmy,
At Grand Hyatt DFW the suite upgrade is available with a paid rate of $247.10 per night, using the member discount rate...This is not a policy change, points+cash with or without an upgrade is determined by the hotel.
Anne"
I interpret HGPs statement to mean:
C+P is not available on the days you're looking at. Therefore you can't use a DSU on those days for a C+P stay.
If you want to pay for it in cash, then we can apply a DSU.

Edit: From the other thread, I see that you already had a C+P reservation for the hotel.
I'm still wondering if there may be misinterpretation going on here. When requesting the DSU to be applied, I'd just say "I would like to apply DSU to reservation #123456 at Grand Hyatt DFW". If you mention anything about C+P then the agent may try to start looking for C+P and find it isn't available.
I think that because the agent says "points+cash with or without an upgrade is determined by the hotel" - that would not be relevant if they were trying to apply it to an already created reservation?

Last edited by jameswes; Oct 11, 2016 at 8:16 am
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
I interpret HGPs statement to mean:
C+P is not available on the days you're looking at. Therefore you can't use a DSU on those days for a C+P stay.
If you want to pay for it in cash, then we can apply a DSU.

Edit: From the other thread, I see that you already had a C+P reservation for the hotel.
I'm still wondering if there may be misinterpretation going on here. When requesting the DSU to be applied, I'd just say "I would like to apply DSU to reservation #123456 at Grand Hyatt DFW". If you mention anything about C+P then the agent may try to start looking for C+P and find it isn't available.
I think that because the agent says "points+cash with or without an upgrade is determined by the hotel" - that would not be relevant if they were trying to apply it to an already created reservation?
My initial message:

"DSU to 28168273
Good morning! Would it be possible to apply a DSU to 28168273? Thanks!"

An odd situation all around, and not handled to my satisfaction, as I'd much, much, much rather be at the Grand Hyatt with wife, daughter, and lots of luggage than the Regency, to which I switched (on a C+P res) to use the DSU. Not looking forward to waiting for the shuttle or lugging all of that across the parking garage Monday.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:39 am

Does anyone have a link to an official statement that says the DSU inventory is the same for cash bookings and P+C bookings?
I always thought they are different, and it's up to each hotel to decide how much DSU inventory to allocate for P+C bookings.
I had many cases where a hotel said there is no DSU inventory for my P+C booking, but if I change to a cash booking, they can process the DSU.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by agjil
Does anyone have a link to an official statement that says the DSU inventory is the same for cash bookings and P+C bookings?
I always thought they are different, and it's up to each hotel to decide how much DSU inventory to allocate for P+C bookings.
I had many cases where a hotel said there is no DSU inventory for my P+C booking, but if I change to a cash booking, they can process the DSU.
I literally just posted this in the Newbie thread last week.

************************************************** *****************************
Here's the page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post25820239

A couple of snippets:
Originally Posted by cape
Finding similar case @GH Tokyo , GP agent refusing to apply DSU on an existing C+P resevation,claims there is inventory to upgrade from paid rates but not from C+P. Has this changed recently???
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
No the policy has not changed.

I have written confirmation from Matt Hansen that if a DSU is available on a cash reservation, then it is available on a C&P reservation - no exceptions!

Specifically for GH Tokyo, he wrote: "For the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, if you ever find that they have the Grand Executive Suite available, you may then use a Diamond Suite Upgrade award on your eligible nights, including Points + Cash, to upgrade."

I also have written confirmation from Christiane Ferger, GH Tokyo Executive Assistant Manager-Rooms, that they were in error in denying me the use of a DSU on a P&C reservation when it was available on a cash reservation. email her at [removed by Moderator] and remind her of that.
Originally Posted by Frindle
Usually the twitter team can get them applied with the Diamond Reservations is "unable."
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Ironically, this is the SAME exact hotel that OP is having a problem with LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.