Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seattle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Seattle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Nice review, I honestly think this will cause the GH to suffer sales. No club, no restaurant, and mediocre elite recognition. Olive 8 was always my go to but this looks awesome.
dawg1k likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Nice review, I honestly think this will cause the GH to suffer sales. No club, no restaurant, and mediocre elite recognition. Olive 8 was always my go to but this looks awesome.

Eh? GH has a very nice club, and has Ruth Chris attached to the property. And we have had superb Diamond / Globalist upgrades over the years.

We're debating right now between these two properties for a pre-holiday staycation. Leaning towards trying this new kid on the block, but as of last week their suites weren't finished, so no chance of upgrades...

Speaking of which, thanks peetahvw for the excellent review. That is helping us deliberate.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

I attended the grand opening celebration tonight. Got to tour the property and talk with some of the management. Tom Wolf is the GM. Property is owned by the same family that owns the Grand Hyatt and Olive 8 (so I guess no need for concern about stealing guests from those properties!).

It sounds like management is open to feedback about the every-other-day housekeeping.

Overall a beautiful hotel on the inside. The size cannot be overstated; this is a HUGE hotel.

If you want to see the info and photos, check out my post: https://singleflyer.com/2018/12/17/h...grand-opening/

Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Do the rooms have those awful motion sensors that shut the air off in the rooms if you don't move around for awhile? Man I hate those. Usually hotels can have them disabled because I like the air to blow continuously when I sleep.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by mikebor
Do the rooms have those awful motion sensors that shut the air off in the rooms if you don't move around for awhile? Man I hate those. Usually hotels can have them disabled because I like the air to blow continuously when I sleep.
They are not the ones with built-in motion sensors. They are however Crestron based - which means they are "smart" and can be controlled/triggered by a remote/external trigger. So its entirely possibly than a motion sensor elsewhere in the room (like the one on the fridge or the one for the floor night lights) or back-of-house system can override/control the temp and fan settings.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:25 pm

We had a recent short stay here. Management was proactive about reaching out before and after our stay.

Huge hotel. Our friend dropped us off near the back of the building and we ended up walking around the block to find the entrance. If you are driving, it is a little visually confusing to figure out where to pull into the hotel and where to exit as there is no 'curb' per se. Metal frame posts are used as a barrier method but are hard to see at a glance - one of them definitely looked like someone hit it already. Plenty of front desk agents to assist.

We did not get upgraded to a suite (nor did I ask for one) as Glob. The room was clean, visually appealing, with a sofa/lounger. The ceiling and wall already started to develop some light fissures, possibly from building settling. Pharmacopia amenities. Decent shower pressure, water definitely hot enough. The shower is doorless with a single pane of glass, which is problematic as the pane is not long enough, so water splashes out. Comfy bed, massive TV.

The Club is on the 8th floor and very spacious. The evening spread had an 'honor's' bar, hors d'oeuvre enough for a light meal, a wide variety of beverages, and desserts. Breakfast spread equally as nice, with nice selection of teas, cold and hot selections, and breads. We really liked the local products offered - Jones, DRY, Ellenos, Darigold, etc. There is also an outside seating area with views of the city. Blankets also available to borrow for the chill.

Originally was planning to stay at Olive 8 to work on the next 5-brand cert, but 'new and shiny' caught my eye. It will be a tough decision for our next stay as we really have enjoyed our time here.

Last edited by tearex; Mar 7, 2019 at 3:38 pm Reason: corrected sofa detail
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
We had a recent short stay here. Management was proactive about reaching out before and after our stay.

Huge hotel. Our friend dropped us off near the back of the building and we ended up walking around the block to find the entrance. If you are driving, it is a little visually confusing to figure out where to pull into the hotel and where to exit as there is no 'curb' per se. Metal frame posts are used as a barrier method but are hard to see at a glance - one of them definitely looked like someone hit it already. Plenty of front desk agents to assist.

We did not get upgraded to a suite (nor did I ask for one) as Glob. The room was clean, visually appealing, with a cool curved sofa. The ceiling and wall already started to develop some light fissures, possibly from building settling. Pharmacopia amenities. Decent shower pressure, water definitely hot enough. The shower is doorless with a single pane of glass, which is problematic as the pane is not long enough, so water splashes out. Comfy bed, massive TV.

The Club is on the 8th floor and very spacious. The evening spread had an 'honor's' bar, hors d'oeuvre enough for a light meal, a wide variety of beverages, and desserts. Breakfast spread equally as nice, with nice selection of teas, cold and hot selections, and breads. We really liked the local products offered - Jones, DRY, Ellenos, Darigold, etc. There is also an outside seating area with views of the city. Blankets also available to borrow for the chill.

Originally was planning to stay at Olive 8 to work on the next 5-brand cert, but 'new and shiny' caught my eye. It will be a tough decision for our next stay as we really have enjoyed our time here.
Are they still limiting housekeeping?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We did not get upgraded to a suite (nor did I ask for one) as Glob. The room was clean, visually appealing, with a cool curved sofa. The ceiling and wall already started to develop some light fissures, possibly from building settling. Pharmacopia amenities. Decent shower pressure, water definitely hot enough. The shower is doorless with a single pane of glass, which is problematic as the pane is not long enough, so water splashes out. Comfy bed, massive TV.

Honor bar means paying for beer and liquor?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Are they still limiting housekeeping?
I couldn't tell - one night stay. I don't recall seeing any notes/signs in the rooms but I wasn't looking very closely either.

Originally Posted by Aventine
Honor bar means paying for beer and liquor?
Liquor for sure - don't recall for beer. They have little slips of paper for you to fill out with the pricing, which I assume they use to bill back to your room.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I couldn't tell - one night stay. I don't recall seeing any notes/signs in the rooms but I wasn't looking very closely either.

Liquor for sure - don't recall for beer. They have little slips of paper for you to fill out with the pricing, which I assume they use to bill back to your room.
I'm glad they don't do that here in APAC.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Well, on the way to Vancouver we stayed here. Was kind of funny, as we were on motorcycles, and it wasn't really their usual type of guest. It was a lull between conferences, so it was quiet.

Incredibly kind, funny and pleasant reception staff checked us in. Was proactively upgraded to a suite on the top floor as a Globalist. Super helpful staff — could do without the pop blaring through speakers out there, and I bet the valets could too. A bit 'how are you doing fellow kids' from Hyatt there.

Room was superb, really really really nice. Probably the nicest I've had in a US Hyatt? Very modern bathrooms reminiscent of an Asian Hyatt property. Superb bed, gorgeous views, nice work area, little kitchette with wine and champagne glasses. Very fast elevator.

Rickhouse, the bar, is OK — nice selection of whiskeys. We went to the steakhouse (Daniel's Broiler) for lunch and it was rather pricy but fantastic. The club was great, really one of the nicest with its sweeping outdoor terrace and very nice buffet and staff.

Insanely good Regency! Perhaps the best I've been at! Sets the bar.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Let's go Pokemon Go event is happening somewhat on property too for Seattle Comiccon. The hotel has an extra specially marked stop.

And, this HR is one of the nicest HRs I've ever seen. Could be an Asian PH if the signs were swapped.
tearex likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 16, 2019 at 1:06 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
A Let's go Pokemon Go event is happening somewhat on property too for Seattle Comiccon. The hotel has an extra specially marked stop.

And, this HR is one of the nicest HRs I've ever seen. Could be an Asian PH if the signs were swapped.
The PoGo nerd within me is curious.

I'm also curious to hear if you also got Pellegrino in your room?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PoGo nerd within me is curious.

I'm also curious to hear if you also got Pellegrino in your room?
No, just some fruit and a welcome card. I don't actually like Pellergrino.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:00 am

Is the non-daily housekeeping mandatory? Or can you request daily housekeeping?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.