Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Chicago O'Hare (ORD) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 5, 16, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 10/4 - 10/5:

Location: The hotel is located on Mannheim Road, also known as US 12/45 in this area. It's just north of I-90 and a block north of IL-74 which has the Holiday Inn, Sheraton Suites, Best Western and a few restaurants and bars on it. This is the same road a number of rental car companies are on and it's a very easy trip to ORD from here.

Hotel: This hotel has only been a Hyatt Place for two months I believe and was previously the Wyndham. Despite not being a new construction, it's a very pleasant hotel. There's a spacious lobby with business center, breakfast area, bar and sundry shop though the area is a bit dimly lit. The hallways are well lit, elevators are quick and everything seems new and fresh.

Check In: The agent fumbled a few times, I think she might be new as she seemed a little confused on Hyatt Gold Passport and what Diamond amenities I was entitled to. Still, she was very polite and friendly and offered me my choice of room floors as well as asking if I wanted to be near the elevator or far from it, points for that.

Room: This was my first ever HP stay and I was really impressed. Large, comfortable bed with plenty of outlets near it, full size closet, big TV, comfortable seating area again with outlets and a large bathroom with shower. Definitely better than many Hilton Garden Inns and Courtyards I've stayed at.

Other: Breakfast is from 6-9:30 but my flight was too early for it. The hotel shuttle wasn't working when I came down at 4:30 AM but the front desk agent gave me a taxi voucher without me asking. All staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful.

My rate was $139 and I'd gladly stay here again, in fact if this is indicative of the Hyatt Place brand, then I look forward to trying more.
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/17 - 12/18

Some updates from my last stay.

Hotel: Parking here is free here though it's really limited especially if there's an event at next door Allstate Arena. On the positive side, with the new ORD Rental Car Facility in operation this hotel is really close to it. The lobby has a larger bar than many HPs as this is an adapted hotel and there's a lot of space.

Check In: I arrived at 1 PM and was able to get right into my room. The agent was really friendly and offered me my two bottles of water as well as a 2 PM check out.

Room: Again as this hotel is a converted property the rooms are very different from standard HPs and they're also smaller. The living room component is small and crammed into the room though the bathroom seems a bit bigger at least. I will note that if planes are landing to the west it can get really loud in the room.

I'm glad to see two years later this is still a solid property especially if you have a car and don't want to spend anything on parking.