Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva or Zilara Cancun for girls trip

Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF

Looking to take a trip to Cancun for girls trip. Would like advise on which one to choose? We are using points for 3 women in 50's. Does one have a better ocean location as we do like to swim in ocean as well as pools?
What about room size with 3 women? Was told there is a 12,500 extra point charge for 3rd person, but I think you still get standard room.
I think you can use both locations, but not sure if they are really close enough.

Any advise appreciated.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
You do realize that Zilara is adults-only, and Ziva will have a bunch of kids running around, right? I know which one I'd pick just because of that.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Actually, Zilara is adults only. Ziva is much newer. However, there are many room types in varied buildings in Ziva; not sure what's available as an award. All Zilara rooms face the ocean. They aren't that far apart and you could walk, but there is the public bus or taxi option as well.

Ziva has some more protected coves. Zilara is along the strip of ocean and the waves and current can be strong/rough, depending on weather.

12.5k extra points for the 3rd person really doesn't get you anything. It'll be the same room.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
These are all inclusives, so the points allow the third person to eat etc.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Yes, though I'd think finding a fourth person and getting another room would probably result in a more comfortable stay, not to mention better value. Not sure that's possible, of course.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Ziva Los Cabos is better than any of the Cancun properties.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
There is a adult only portion to Ziva - as I discovered when looking to book a trip in Nov and the only rooms available are in the adult section
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
My wife and I just came back from a stay at the Ziva, although we walked to the Zilara to check it out. We used a DSU and were in a pyramid suite. Being off season and during any school breaks, there were not many kids. Apart from babies, we never saw more than 10 or so kids at the Ziva. They weren't bothersome at all.

The Ziva property was much nicer, larger resort, with access to two beaches - the public beach that the Zilara is on, and the more sheltered cove that a previous poster mentioned. The private one was nice as the waters were more calm, and there were a lot of fish swimming about as you wade around. The Zilara felt much more claustrophobic in comparison. However, while both had a range of activities, the ones at the Zilara seemed more geared toward adults (Vinyasa yoga vs. regular at the Ziva, poker game, etc.).

Overall, we were very happy with the Ziva and would probably pick it over the Zilara again if we were back in Cancun outside of school breaks.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
We came back from the Zilara in March. It's a short ride from where the action is (or whatever you want to call it). That's where the Ziva is. The area is congested, but if you want to be where the action is, go there. Since we were on vacation, we stayed at the Zilara.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Am headed to Cancun next week,and trying to decide on Ziva regular versus Ziva Turquoise versus Zilara for Ms. Travelexpert and myself.

No kids--but we are not really worried about kid free versus not. We could choose Turquoise within Ziva, which is child-free.

Piecing together threads so far, seems like Ziva has the "nicer" rooms since its a newer property.

How does Turquoise change the equation.

How about the food? Any clear differences. We are fishetarians, and hardly drink alcohol.

Last edited by travelexpert; Nov 7, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed at both with my SO earlier this year.

There are a lot of other review threads on FT, so definitely search for it.

Personally, Ziva has more food options and a larger number of pools. If you're not allergic to children I'd generally recommend Ziva.

Also, FYI you can actually make reservations at the other hotels (at Zilara, we were given a reservation at Ziva to try different restaurants). We also walked back and forth between the hotels and didn't have any issues with drinks being provided - it's a bit of a hike, but a fun walk along the hotel zone along the beach.

Honestly though - pros and cons of each. Both are very solid all inclusive and I think that just about everyone would have a good time at both.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We are at Ziva now, staying in the turquoise tower.
The hotel is pretty full (95% apparently) but we never feel like we are tripping over people.
There is always room at the restaurants.
Plenty of seating around the various pools.
As a globalist, you get four vouchers to use as upgrades re food for lobster or the steaks.
You also can go to Zilara and use their facilities and restaurants.......Ziva gives you a letter to use.
And you get 20% off wines and upgraded food.
So I suppose you could have the best of both worlds and enjoy both hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.