FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Let's talk toiletries (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1785140-lets-talk-toiletries.html)

cfabar1 Mar 26, 2020 5:00 pm

My guess is they will keep using the big bottles. Saves them money.

rwm818 Nov 10, 2021 5:23 am

Bump & update - my first Intl trip since 3/20.
GH Abu Dhabi using Balmain - not sure had encountered that brand before. Wife & I both think very nice.
Will update the PH toiletries thread with our stay at PH Dubai next week.

GUWonder Nov 10, 2021 5:32 am

For those Hyatt hotels that have wall/counter-mounted toiletries that require pumping to use, how do those Hyatt hotels accommodate guests who for health-related reasons can’t or shouldn’t use mounted pump toiletries?

Do they keep a stack of other toiletries to supply on demand for such guests?

Aventine Nov 10, 2021 5:40 am

Originally Posted by rwm818 (Post 33716845)
GH Abu Dhabi using Balmain - not sure had encountered that brand before. Wife & I both think very nice.

The GH brand standard now.

lechamber Nov 10, 2021 9:53 am

fascinating that Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand has two different toiletry brands for their suites, on their website. The two most premium suites, Chairman and Presidential, both list Aesop, while the others list Le Labo. And it's a new hotel, so it's not like the Aesop was just a lag in updating prior records. Personally agree that Aesop is better than Le Labo.

m0hamed Nov 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by lechamber (Post 33717515)
fascinating that Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand has two different toiletry brands for their suites, on their website. The two most premium suites, Chairman and Presidential, both list Aesop, while the others list Le Labo. And it's a new hotel, so it's not like the Aesop was just a lag in updating prior records. Personally agree that Aesop is better than Le Labo.

This is common. PHS has full size Aesop bottle in their suites on the rooftop and Le Labo in every other room.

Daftryan Nov 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by rwm818 (Post 33716845)

I'm actually not a big fan of Balmain...they had that at GH Baha Mar, as well.

Looking forward to my DS & Durga at The Cape, Thompson in Cabo next month. ;)

gravii Nov 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Having used the Balmain toiletries at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, I'm not really sure that I prefer it over the June Jacobs. GH should really choose a more neutral smelling set of toiletries as the standard.

I note that although Sofitel has the same branded toiletries, they're manufactured in a different country and have a slightly different container - screw intead of pop open.

Aventine Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 33716863)
For those Hyatt hotels that have wall/counter-mounted toiletries that require pumping to use, how do those Hyatt hotels accommodate guests who for health-related reasons can’t or shouldn’t use mounted pump toiletries?

Korean Hyatts will be banned (in 2022) from using and giving single use plastics so I'm guessing not. They would probably tell you to bring your own.

DELee Nov 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 33716863)

Sometimes they gotta accommodate those guests who are inscentive...

David

GUWonder Nov 11, 2021 5:55 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 33718944)
Sometimes they gotta accommodate those guests who are inscentive...

David

I was thinking of people in the US who are missing an entire limb or have other physical limitations/problems with regard to trying to pump a mounted pump bottle at US hotels. These wall/counter-mounted toiletries are designed for use by people without any problems using two functioning hands to use the mounted toiletry pumps.

DELee Nov 11, 2021 8:21 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 33719896)
I was thinking of people in the US who are missing an entire limb or have other physical limitations/problems with regard to trying to pump a mounted pump bottle at US hotels. These wall/counter-mounted toiletries are designed for use by people without any problems using two functioning hands to use the mounted toiletry pumps.

Excellent point.

David

GUWonder Nov 12, 2021 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 33718929)
Korean Hyatts will be banned (in 2022) from using and giving single use plastics so I'm guessing not. They would probably tell you to bring your own.

There are "single-use(r)" containers/packages for liquids/gels which can be sent to the paper/cardboard packaging recycling bins after being emptied. Some hotels are in the market for such "single-use(r)" containers/packages that don't get categorized as plastic for recycling/disposal purposes; but such "environmentally-friendly" packaging is more costly for cheap property owners than trying to entirely forego single-use containers/packages for toiletries in favor of wall/counter-mounted toiletries. And given how the properties can go cheap on housekeeping and quality control for housekeepers, it's not unknown for some of these "multi-user" mounted toiletry bottles in the hotel guest bathrooms to have such little remaining liquid/gel in them (as to be an inconvenience to some guests) because housekeepers are being paid to be quick rather than thorough. Some housekeepers even have their supply of toiletry refills (to be used to turn rooms) capped by property owner/management.

Some Korean Hyatt hotels have a history of keeping special toiletries for babies on premises. Are those all going to go away? Or will the hotels just adjust to get more appropriately packaged toiletries?

GrayAnderson Nov 12, 2021 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 33718929)

Is this a Korean law or a Hyatt policy?

[I'm asking because I suspect that in the case of the US, the ADA might well come into play in some fashion here...environmental issues aside for a moment, telling a hotel to get a few hundred little shampoo bottles per month seems like a reasonable accommodation request, while the "bring your own" point gets touchy vis-a-vis some of the airline liquid rules.]

MSPeconomist Nov 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Could a solution be for hotels to supply the single use toiletries in their handicapped/ADA rooms and suites?

Note that I greatly prefer the single use containers and they seem more hygienic and tamper proof. However, I tend to bring some of my own in case I don't like or can't use (allergies) what the hotel provides.