Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's talk toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It’s ridiculous that Hyatt doesn’t have a brand standard for Park Hyatt on that front, or at least a certain amount of approval. Strangely enough, the toiletries are one of the biggest things customers notice and leave an impact.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The purple and white Pharmacopia face soap is no longer round: it's a funny angled shape, vaguely oval but with angles and corners. I suspect it's somewhat smaller. I got the opaque pure white version at a USA HR last week, although the bath soap was the old nice one that's creamy beige colored and a bit translucent.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:00 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Ah I see. That sucks. The generic soap sucks. Didn't know he's GM at both PH. I'm at the PH Seoul now. Definitely noticing some big differences from my stay before covid. I was at the GH Seoul earlier this month too, but I don't remember what soap I had. Won't have time to check out the Andaz/GH Incheon this trip just for comparison sake.
Samuel Dabinett is now GM at PH Sydney. He earned a reputation for cost costing when he was GM at PH Busan and then at PH Seoul when he moved over as GM there.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
Samuel Dabinett is now GM at PH Sydney. He earned a reputation for cost costing when he was GM at PH Busan and then at PH Seoul when he moved over as GM there.
I think he’s furthering that reputation in Sydney too.

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Ah I see. That sucks. The generic soap sucks. Didn't know he's GM at both PH. I'm at the PH Seoul now. Definitely noticing some big differences from my stay before covid. I was at the GH Seoul earlier this month too, but I don't remember what soap I had. Won't have time to check out the Andaz/GH Incheon this trip just for comparison sake.
GH Incheon uses Balmain. Andaz Seoul uses Christophe Laudamiel

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 3, 2022 at 6:25 pm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Candidate for worst Hyatt toiletries: GH Bali

Glad I brought my own courtesy of Andaz Seoul.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 3, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Candidate for worst Hyatt toiletries: GH Bali

Glad I brought my own courtesy of Andaz Seoul.

To me, it looks like it came from a Dollar Store.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, it looks like it came from a Dollar Store.
I think a dollar might be too much for them.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Agree on the Balmain toiletries at Grand Hyatt's, which I also find at Sofitel's. Not a fan of their strong, aftershave like scent. Not really any imporvement over the fake green tea scent of the June Jacobs stuff that was the previous brand standard.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by gravii
Agree on the Balmain toiletries at Grand Hyatt's, which I also find at Sofitel's. Not a fan of their strong, aftershave like scent. Not really any imporvement over the fake green tea scent of the June Jacobs stuff that was the previous brand standard.
The Balmain toiletries are awful, the formula for their soap, shampoo, conditioner, body gel, and lotion are worse than drugstore generics.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gravii
This is probably the no. 1 downside to the GH brand for me.
rhg247 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Hall Or Oates
Thanks! Not a brand I am familiar with.

And the idea of donating the hotel/airline kits to shelters is brilliant! Thanks for the good idea, and for doing good.

Currently at the Andaz Savannah I have never seen tubes this big before. Im used seeing the size of the one in the middle. Do any other properties have these sizes also?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by verfinder

Currently at the Andaz Savannah I have never seen tubes this big before. Im used seeing the size of the one in the middle. Do any other properties have these sizes also?
GH suites sometimes have the larger tubes.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:10 pm

IME it's common for suites to have larger sized toiletries.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
GH suites sometimes have the larger tubes.
ok thanks for the clarification. I had the Broadway suite in GH Nashville but they didn't have them. So I was suprised this time.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
The Balmain toiletries are awful, the formula for their soap, shampoo, conditioner, body gel, and lotion are worse than drugstore generics.
Don't like it either. Shampoo always seems watered down too.
FlyingFromNY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.