Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old May 26, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Ate at the new high end Voro restaurant. Excellent!!! My prior stop was San Sebastián and the meal was comparable if not better than the couple of 1* Michelin places I ate there. (Chef left his 1* in Palma to come here).

clearly they have upped their game since the previous posters although in vs. out of season might have something to do with it.

ETA want to update and say all wasn’t perfect on on the good front. Baleric was closed for a special event but was told I could order off the Baleric menu at the Tapas place. Well it was quite the cluster F* with my appetizer and entree arriving concurrently, skipping the salad. And my wife’s room service salad didn’t come in an hour, so she cancelled.

still it was a great stay.
PS Thanks to SCEyer for his recommendation on Restaurant 44 in Arta. Low key but very enjoyable.

Last edited by beachfan; May 31, 2019 at 1:18 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by MrE
We stayed here August 2017 on points, but breakfast was not included. Price is 32 Euros per person and 16 Euros for our 6 year old son. So we felt the 80 Euro total wasn't worth the cost for a breakfast. Though it did look good! I am only Discoverist, so don't qualify for free breakfast based on status.
Hi, we are looking to book with points only but the website isn't allowing 2 adults and 1 child (doesn't matter if child is 1 or 3 years old) in sense when I tried searching for 2 adults and 1 child, the search resulted with: "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search." But if I exclude the child and leave just 2 adults, it gives me the option to book a 1 King bed or 2 Twin beds for 25k pts. How are you or anybody for that matter, able book online a standard stay with points for a family of 3? Any feedbacks would greatly be appreciated!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Hi, we are looking to book with points only but the website isn't allowing 2 adults and 1 child (doesn't matter if child is 1 or 3 years old) in sense when I tried searching for 2 adults and 1 child, the search resulted with: "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search." But if I exclude the child and leave just 2 adults, it gives me the option to book a 1 King bed or 2 Twin beds for 25k pts. How are you or anybody for that matter, able book online a standard stay with points for a family of 3? Any feedbacks would greatly be appreciated!
email them - I did that and they accepted to do this
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by mcdonalde
email them - I did that and they accepted to do this
Hi mcdonalde, thanks for your response. Just to confirm--so you emailed the the PH Mallorca hotel directly to have them assist in making the booking in Hyatt pts? Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:00 am

Question re the kids club at this property (which I had posted in the main Hyatt thread):

Hi all.
I am staying at the PH Mallorca in late June. I understand the kids club is open to children from 4 years old up. My son will turn 4 at end August and I wondered how likely the club is going to strictly enforce the age rule? He would be 3 years and 10 months while there and currently goes to a nursery so is used to other kids etc. Are management generally open to persuasion on these things? (first time being able to avail of such facilities - hopefully)

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Last time I stayed at the resort, the GM had sent an invitation to a managers welcome reception. I chatted with the GM for a while and said next year I want to bring my kids here and asked him how do I book a room. He said you just book 2 rooms. So it would be 50K points per night here for 2 rooms. It's unfortunate as the suite's I have received here are incredibly large, but they don't have a pull out couch nor roll away beds, so for all the kids here, people are paying the big bucks or booking 50k per night.. ouch. Personally, I would never pay 50k points/night to stay here with my kids.

Last edited by smilee; Jun 6, 2019 at 11:12 pm
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by smilee
Last time I stayed at the resort, the GM had sent an invitation to a managers welcome reception. I chatted with the GM for a while and said next year I want to bring my kids here and asked him how do I book a room. He said you just book 2 rooms. So it would be 50K points per night here for 2 rooms. It's unfortunate as the suite's I have received here are incredibly large, but they don't have a pull out couch nor roll away beds, so for all the kids here, people are paying the big bucks or booking 50k per night.. ouch. Personally, I would never pay 50k points/night to stay here with my kids.
Hi smillee, when did you last stayed at this PH? And how many people you have in your group?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I have not been back to the Park Hyatt Mallorca since August of last year. I have lucked out and been able to use my suite upgrades every time in the past as there was availability. The suites are huge.

I have only travelled here with my wife. I was hoping to take my two kids along as well so there would be four of us. I believe they offer a family plan rate where kids under 12 staying in a second room get 50% off, but I didn't check, as the rates are usually over $700usd per room here in the summer. Even a room at $350usd would be much more then I would be willing to pay here.

I only give the resort an OK review. The buildings, rooms and furnishings are excellent. The suites are huge, but there are many cons.

Cons
The view from the room - poor for the most part. When you are so close to the ocean, who wants to look at some farms or hills.
Far from the beach. You need to drive or perhaps a good 15 minute walk to an OK beach, but to get to a nice beach, you are looking at driving for half an hour or so. Every day I was there I would head out after breakfast and drive for 30-90 minutes to a nice beach or part of the island to hike explore or relax at the beach. By the time I got back to the resort it was time to get changed and the drive again to go out for dinner. So really, I only was able to use the resort to sleep at. And I am not about to blow over $1000 USD per night just for a place to sleep.
The food - breakfast - excellent - and free as a globalist. Also free if you are on a paid rate. The other fine dining restaurants in my view are just mediocre value.The food quality is probably good but not to the taste of this Canadian.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by smilee
I have not been back to the Park Hyatt Mallorca since August of last year. I have lucked out and been able to use my suite upgrades every time in the past as there was availability. The suites are huge.

I have only travelled here with my wife. I was hoping to take my two kids along as well so there would be four of us. I believe they offer a family plan rate where kids under 12 staying in a second room get 50% off, but I didn't check, as the rates are usually over $700usd per room here in the summer. Even a room at $350usd would be much more then I would be willing to pay here.

I only give the resort an OK review. The buildings, rooms and furnishings are excellent. The suites are huge, but there are many cons.

Cons
The view from the room - poor for the most part. When you are so close to the ocean, who wants to look at some farms or hills.
Far from the beach. You need to drive or perhaps a good 15 minute walk to an OK beach, but to get to a nice beach, you are looking at driving for half an hour or so. Every day I was there I would head out after breakfast and drive for 30-90 minutes to a nice beach or part of the island to hike explore or relax at the beach. By the time I got back to the resort it was time to get changed and the drive again to go out for dinner. So really, I only was able to use the resort to sleep at. And I am not about to blow over $1000 USD per night just for a place to sleep.
The food - breakfast - excellent - and free as a globalist. Also free if you are on a paid rate. The other fine dining restaurants in my view are just mediocre value.The food quality is probably good but not to the taste of this Canadian.

Just curious - do they have nespresso machines, or something else? Nespresso good, krups bad
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The view of the farms and hills was gorgeous!

it is a golf resort more than a beach resort. So why go if you want to be on the beach/have a view of the beach. Doesn’t make it a bad hotel, only not suitable for those that want to be on the beach.

I do agree it is isolated and that that makes more time in the car then one wants.

Cala Mesquida, as recommended by Dsm2m2, is only about 15 minutes by car and we loved it. Much more so than the more famous Es Trenc beach was is supposed to be one of the best and close to an hour away.

It was a Nespresso machine.

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 24, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:07 am

Just back from a week at the hotel staying as family of 3 with a 3.5 yr old.

The pros
- Beautifully maintained property

- Great size room, nicely appointed as well noted (we were in a garden room); superb, silent air conditioning with no cold spots

- Breakfast is great with every conceivable option

- Country club is great and perhaps the best option for those with kids as it is quieter, has proper cabanas, sauna etc; the food was also surprisingly good value at the cafe here

- Valet service always very prompt

The cons (bearing in mind the price point)
- As a non-beach property on an island with 00s of beaches you really need to be on point with all facilities...unfortunately, the PH isn't quite...they have made a mess of the pool in that (1) it has a concrete lining rather than blue tiles in 99% of the world's pools (much better aesthetically and functionally IMO), (2) it is very shallow (a water regulation issue?), (3) you can't see anything while in the pool - surely with a blank canvas and on a hillside pitch they could have made it with a view over the rolling hills? Instead, you are surrounded by deckchairs/foliage (4) could it have been made using sea water instead? With so much beige/brown around in the buildings, the concrete pool just fades into the property. A major missed opportunity...

- Storage poorly thought-out for rooms of this size...only 4 small drawers to put away folded clothes

- We only had two 'special' requests during our stay: (1) queried whether they had any OTC medication for an upset stomach...they didn't, perhaps this is standard practice these days but they did not know of a pharmacy nearby and had to start a google search, (2) I asked if some sand in the boot of our hire car could be brushed out on day of departure, they said 'no problem' but when we went to collect the car they said housekeeping was 'too busy' (in mitigation, we only gave 45 minutes notice on this)

- Restaurants. We used the Tapas restaurant several times and the Balearic once. The Tapas is fine but is a little over-complicated in approach. It is reasonably well-priced but after two visits, I think most will have had enough. Balearic was a major let down: we had a paella Lobster/Prawn dish for 2 which was long on shell, short on fish...(guessing around 100 grams of fish between us for a 50EUR dish)...we complained but were told in simple terms that we were wrong. What they really need here is a restaurant that serves very high quality meat and local seafood dishes...cooked/grilled simply...way too much focus on fine dining and we ended up feeling our best meals were in Palma (Can Bordoy House and Gardens + 1 other)

- Guests v Kids. This thread has a lot on the subject...there were very few kids around while we were there and all were well-behaved (save kids will always make more noise when around water)...there were a couple of dirty looks thrown our direction at the main pool when I was teaching my son to swim (very few seem to choose the adults pool area where they would be insulated from this)...so we preferred the country club after Day 2

- Atmosphere. Maybe the property needs time to bed down but there is a general lack of atmosphere here from the bar with no music, breakfast area with outdoor piped music which you can't make out/sounds a bit like supermarket music but on poor quality outdoor speakers. They did have music one night which improved things but they need to work on that aspect

A note on beaches: don't bother with the Canyamel beach nearest the hotel; Cala Mesquida is 15 mins away and is very good but parking can be a challenge; we also went to Sa Colobra beach...2 hours away through amazing, twisty mountain roads...best make a day of this as you won't want to rush the drive for passenger comfort/take in the scenery.

We tried Restaurant 44 per above suggestions but on day we were there the kitchen was partly closed (due to the heat) and they were only doing salads so we ate elsewhere. Lastly, we had dinner at Porxada de Sa Torre which is a couple of miles away...beautiful setting and nice local food.

So, would we go again? I booked using cash and points giving an effective rate of around Ł250 per night or so...at this price, it is well worth it and I would happily return. But at asking booking engine prices I would not.
GobiFox likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hi mcdonalde, thanks for your response. Just to confirm--so you emailed the the PH Mallorca hotel directly to have them assist in making the booking in Hyatt pts? Thanks!
How I've done it in the past (to be clear, not here) is make the booking for two adults on your own.
THEN email the hotel saying something like:
I have a reservation at your hotel (conf#: 123456) and am planning to travel with my child age #. I tried online and it didn't seem to allow two adults and a child in the room. Can the booked room accommodate a child, on a rollaway bed or a crib or something else? If not, I may need to re-evaluate where I'm staying since it is important for us to stay together as a family.

Quick, clear, to the point. Basically you're very interested and already made a booking, but you need some sort of confirmation from the hotel that it's ok.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:19 am

just completed a six night stay with a 4 year old. in a nutshell the hotel is absolutely fantastic, great rooms and the staff went above and beyond. there is no sea view but the location is very nice. the nearby beach is nothing special, but there are some great beaches within 15-20 minutes (cala mesquida, cala agulla). the hotel pool, whatever the quality, held zero attraction to us. hyatt nailed buffet breakfasts years ago so no surprise that was good. shame we couldn't try the restaurants in the evening but not so easy with a kid, also as the focus was more on fine dining, I agree that they could do with a more middle of the road lunch/dinner option. quite a varied mix of other guests. Even if the resort was at almost full occupancy for some days it didn't feel at all crowded. There is a kids club, which we found useful for an hour here and there as you can just drop your kids off.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:30 am

Regarding the pool, guests have access to the country club a couple hundred yards down the road (easy walk, plus a shuttle) which has an amazing indoor pool for lap swimmers as well as other facilities.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
How I've done it in the past (to be clear, not here) is make the booking for two adults on your own.
THEN email the hotel saying something like:
I have a reservation at your hotel (conf#: 123456) and am planning to travel with my child age #. I tried online and it didn't seem to allow two adults and a child in the room. Can the booked room accommodate a child, on a rollaway bed or a crib or something else? If not, I may need to re-evaluate where I'm staying since it is important for us to stay together as a family.

Quick, clear, to the point. Basically you're very interested and already made a booking, but you need some sort of confirmation from the hotel that it's ok.
Thanks jameswes for the helpful tip! Will give that a try and how that goes! I assume you use this same method for all Hyatt properties that doesn't allow a child on top of 2 adults booking on a single room?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.