Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
This all boils down to bad timing. We were just there in early September and there were hardly any kids there. We had an incredible time. Try to plan around those holidays if possible. And most of the time, the kids are not the problem. It's the parents that aren't parenting.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... avoid the holidays and it’s normally fine. But this is a holiday destination so kids will be a given but normally in acceptable numbers....
Old Dec 25, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Has anyone tried moving that little plaque that says "Adults Only" down to the unheated pool? It seems that is what is drawing the imaginary line in the sand. I mean if all the kids are at the heated pool that has the little sign, wouldnt that make the other two pools "Adults Only" by default, thus creating the desired oasis for those seeking respite from the screaming kids at a resort?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:21 pm

If I want to redeem a room for a family of 4 (all adults), would it cost more than the 20k points a night for the standard room? If I booked a suite for 32k points, would they let 4 people stay without paying out extra points?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pennystinkard
If I want to redeem a room for a family of 4 (all adults), would it cost more than the 20k points a night for the standard room? If I booked a suite for 32k points, would they let 4 people stay without paying out extra points?
Officially, the suite accommodates 4. If you can book it that way, it's allowed.

The standard rooms all accommodate 3. So to do 4 you should politely ask the hotel if it is permissible for a family of 4 to be in a standard room. If you can float the points, I'd suggest the following:
- Book the hotel (putting in 3 guests) for a standard room @ 20K points.
- Contact the hotel. Try to get the GM of other high level operations person contact information. Given language differences, email or other written communication is probably best. Say that you have a room booked, but noticed that their official occupancy limit is 3, but you're a family of four and wondering if you'd be able to still come and stay in that room even if there's four people. Be polite, short and clear.
* If they say no, ask to change the reservation to the suite (@32K points)
* If they say yes: Get it in writing somewhere, and you're good to go. If you're globalist you don't officially get benefits for the 3rd & 4th adult, but most hotels tend to give it to you anyway.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Officially, the suite accommodates 4. If you can book it that way, it's allowed.

The standard rooms all accommodate 3. So to do 4 you should politely ask the hotel if it is permissible for a family of 4 to be in a standard room. If you can float the points, I'd suggest the following:
- Book the hotel (putting in 3 guests) for a standard room @ 20K points.
- Contact the hotel. Try to get the GM of other high level operations person contact information. Given language differences, email or other written communication is probably best. Say that you have a room booked, but noticed that their official occupancy limit is 3, but you're a family of four and wondering if you'd be able to still come and stay in that room even if there's four people. Be polite, short and clear.
* If they say no, ask to change the reservation to the suite (@32K points)
* If they say yes: Get it in writing somewhere, and you're good to go. If you're globalist you don't officially get benefits for the 3rd & 4th adult, but most hotels tend to give it to you anyway.
Thank you so much for this information! It is often a challenge to find a hotel that will accommodate 4 adults in 1 room without an extra points charge per person. If you've stayed at this hotel before, do you know if the standard rooms would be a squeeze for 4 people? (I'm assuming there will be double beds).
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:47 am

If you look at the website, you can clearly see the room size (50 sq m of space) and bed type (two twin beds, not double beds). The room size is large compared to some other Park Hyatt properties. What is now called a Park Suite King in Paris is 40-50 sq m. The Park Executive Suite in Paris is 50-60 sq m.

I dont imagine four adults sharing two twin beds would be that comfortable.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:52 pm

My wife and I spent five nights here in February '18, in a Park King suite (#69). The suite surpassed our expectations, as it had a very large bath, a large bedroom with a king bed and plenty of closet space, a roomy parlor area and a powder room. However, there was no provision for additional bedding. It might be possible to add a roll away, but I am not sure where it could be placed, without detracting from the overall ambiance of the suite.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Mar 9, 2018 at 6:53 pm Reason: Punctuation
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
My wife and I spent five nights here in February '18, in a Park King suite (#69). The suite surpassed our expectations, as it had a very large bath, a large bedroom with a king bed and plenty of closet space, a roomy parlor area and a powder room. However, there was no provision for additional bedding. It might be possible to add a roll away, but I am not sure where it could be placed, without detracting from the overall ambiance of the suite.
Thanks a lot for your input! That's interesting. I put in a dummy booking for 4 people at the hotel, and the only options that would come up were the suites, so even though it said it had a king bed, I am assuming there would be some accommodation for sleeping 4 people, because otherwise there wouldn't be that option? Maybe the sofa in the suite was actually a sofa bed? I suppose I'll just call when the time comes, if I do decide to book here. Shopping around for Park Hyatt resort-type places to take my family at the moment, and thought this might be a good option.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:29 am

There was a second bedroom, at the end of the suite opposite the main bedroom, to which we had access. However, it wasn't made up and we didn't have a need for it, so we never gave it any real thought. It also had a separate room number, so it could also be marketed as a stand alone accommodation.

Depending on your travel dates, you might want to give the hotel a call and see whether you could arrange something that meets your needs, particularly if you are travelling during a slow time of the year. The staff at the property is very accommodating.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Thanks a lot for your input! That's interesting. I put in a dummy booking for 4 people at the hotel, and the only options that would come up were the suites, so even though it said it had a king bed, I am assuming there would be some accommodation for sleeping 4 people, because otherwise there wouldn't be that option? Maybe the sofa in the suite was actually a sofa bed? I suppose I'll just call when the time comes, if I do decide to book here. Shopping around for Park Hyatt resort-type places to take my family at the moment, and thought this might be a good option.
The sofa in the suite is not a sofa bed. The suites vary a little in their configuration but there is room in the dining area for one rollaway bed at a very minimum. We stayed there with two children and there was one rollaway placed in the dining area without us requesting one. If you Google "Park Hyatt Mallorca video review" one of the very first links provides a thorough review of a suite and how much actual space there is.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
There was a second bedroom, at the end of the suite opposite the main bedroom, to which we had access. However, it wasn't made up and we didn't have a need for it, so we never gave it any real thought. It also had a separate room number, so it could also be marketed as a stand alone accommodation.

Depending on your travel dates, you might want to give the hotel a call and see whether you could arrange something that meets your needs, particularly if you are travelling during a slow time of the year. The staff at the property is very accommodating.
Thanks, this is good to know. The second bedroom is interesting - was this a part of the suite itself (i.e. within the room)? When you say you had access to it, was this something that the hotel staff told you explicitly you could use if you wanted, or was it maybe a room that happened to be accessible via your suite but not otherwise spoken about (so it could have been a standalone accommodation for other guests)?

I imagine we would try and travel during the shoulder seasons, to avoid crowds/excessively hot weather, so hopefully you are right and the staff would be accommodating.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
The sofa in the suite is not a sofa bed. The suites vary a little in their configuration but there is room in the dining area for one rollaway bed at a very minimum. We stayed there with two children and there was one rollaway placed in the dining area without us requesting one. If you Google "Park Hyatt Mallorca video review" one of the very first links provides a thorough review of a suite and how much actual space there is.
Thank you for this! I'll look up the video review. I suppose, worst comes to worst, we are fairly small people, so we could potentially squeeze 3 people in a king bed, and one on the rollaway.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:03 pm

Thanks, this is good to know. The second bedroom is interesting - was this a part of the suite itself (i.e. within the room)? When you say you had access to it, was this something that the hotel staff told you explicitly you could use if you wanted, or was it maybe a room that happened to be accessible via your suite but not otherwise spoken about (so it could have been a standalone accommodation for other guests)?

I imagine we would try and travel during the shoulder seasons, to avoid crowds/excessively hot weather, so hopefully you are right and the staff would be accommodating.
The connecting room is not part of the suite itself (that should be obvious). If you want a suite with a connecting room and are willing to use the requisite number of points, that would be a very comfortable option for four adults.

If you are traveling during "shoulder season", check for points and cash availability. That could be a great use of points.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Mar 11, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: N/A
Is the PH fairly secluded? I'd like to get a sense of the "real" mallorca and am considering splitting up my 4 day trip between 2 days in the city and 2 days at the PH. Would love any opinions!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.