Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by pointspinnacle

we just got back 2 weeks ago from a 1 week cash and points stay and i will have a full review on my site in the coming weeks
In regards to breakfast, its not included however i was offered a room upgrade for 30 Euro per night and that then did include breakfast.
honestly breakfast was probably my favorite meal at the resort if that tells you anything. For a family of 3 it was worth it.
I think it tells me that the food other than breakfast was meh.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
You'd be spot on with that assumption.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by beachfan
Bingo
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I would agree with that conclusion. During our stay, the hotel was offering a Saturday evening Asian buffet, priced at EUR 50. Since we were there during the off--season, we didn't have any decent "on property" alternatives. The food and service were equally terrible in their respective ways.

After that evening, we were able to locate decent, full service family restaurants off property, where we could have our evening meal before returning to the hotel.

One restaurant that we had enjoyed was in the nearby town of Arta. Its name is Restaurante No. 44, located at Carrer Ciutat 44.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Jul 10, 2018 at 7:05 pm Reason: Added name of restaurant.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:34 am
MrE

we just got back 2 weeks ago from a 1 week cash and points stay and i will have a full review on my site in the coming weeks
In regards to breakfast, its not included however i was offered a room upgrade for 30 Euro per night and that then did include breakfast.
honestly breakfast was probably my favorite meal at the resort if that tells you anything. For a family of 3 it was worth it.
Great tip! Will ask at checkin if any paid upgrades are available...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:08 am

did you understand why that room upgrade with breakfast thrown in was offered to you? was the hotel half full? another time limited offer? or is it routinely offered to C&P travellers? when I enquired we were offered world of hyatt breakfasts for 22e/ea if booked in advance, obviously not as interesting...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by mcdonalde
did you understand why that room upgrade with breakfast thrown in was offered to you? was the hotel half full? another time limited offer? or is it routinely offered to C&P travellers? when I enquired we were offered world of hyatt breakfasts for 22e/ea if booked in advance, obviously not as interesting...
Not sure why it was offered aside from just a general upsell. She thought our 2 yr old would like having the additional grassy space off of the patio. It wasnt really an upgrade really in my eyes but to her it was. She then later told us about breakfast then said “oh, your rate doesn’t include breakfast but since you took the upgrade I will include the breakfast”. Honesty i never noticed anyone at breakfast signing a bill at all.

I wonder if just show up for breakfast if they will comp it or actually bill you. I dunno.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:11 am

I wonder if just show up for breakfast if they will comp it or actually bill you. I dunno.

that's definitely one way to cut costs ) thanks for the reply
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:28 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold

Not sure why it was offered aside from just a general upsell. She thought our 2 yr old would like having the additional grassy space off of the patio. It wasnt really an upgrade really in my eyes but to her it was. She then later told us about breakfast then said “oh, your rate doesn’t include breakfast but since you took the upgrade I will include the breakfast”. Honesty i never noticed anyone at breakfast signing a bill at all.

We were asked for our room number, each and every time, we went for breakfast. And it was marked on their list.

Breakfast is very good and the service during breakfast was much better than last time.

The bell staff was great!

There was no more Cava tasting in the library, they said it is an winter only offering, but offered us to send some to our room - which never happened.

Upgrade to a suite was first denied and only after showing them availibility we were given a suite.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:10 am

how are the casual dining charges? I mean room serve orders or simple lunches? (hamburgers and the like)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by mcdonalde
how are the casual dining charges? I mean room serve orders or simple lunches? (hamburgers and the like)
Just checked out yesterday and for lunch my wife and i shared a starter and had mid priced entrees and each a glass of wine. It was 75. This was at rhe sit down eatery up by reception (forget the name) which is the main option for lunch. Service was poor, food was decent but overall this was 2-3x what you pay for a similar lunch in Arta. The pool food was ok, my kids ran up a decent tab on burgers, etc and it was 6 or 7 for these tiny glasses of wine. Were only here for two days as we had rented a villa most of the week.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I would agree with that conclusion. During our stay, the hotel was offering a Saturday evening Asian buffet, priced at EUR 50. Since we were there during the off--season, we didn't have any decent "on property" alternatives. The food and service were equally terrible in their respective ways.

After that evening, we were able to locate decent, full service family restaurants off property, where we could have our evening meal before returning to the hotel.

One restaurant that we had enjoyed was in the nearby town of Arta. Its name is Restaurante No. 44, located at Carrer Ciutat 44.
Thanks for the tip. If anyone else has one, I'm planning of dining off property (hopefully nearby) each night.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ve deleted a post (and quotes of it) since it was simply a redirect to an external blog. While we t was a nice review, Flyertalk rules are that reviews must be able to stand on their own without clicking on the link. So op is welcome to repost with enough quotes from the review to stand on its own. Thanks!!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:13 am

Any other restaurant tips for nearby dining?
Old May 24, 2019, 2:48 pm

At property now.

I found lunch and dinner at Baeleric (one of the hotel restaurants) to be quite good. Loved the Cobb salad- perhaps light on the protein but some of the best veggies around. Fish special (John Dory) and my wifes veggie burger very nice. Not pricey by US standards although Im sure pricey by local standard.

Breakfast, as mentioned upthread, is super. Great hospitality too.

Suite is great, very large and modern and got an additional upgrade beyond TSU to one with expansive view. Bitters Veneta toiletries add to the luxury feel.

They are affiliated with the Cap Vermell country club, which has a fabulous indoor Olympic pool, no charge for facilities to PH guests. A blessing for the rainy weather weve encountered. Nothing but good things to say so far, my first day and a half.

as far as other restaurants, had a crappy meal tonight at one down the road at the Cap Vermell Hotel. Cloyingly sweet salad AND main fish dish..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.