Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ray1022
We loved our meal at the nearby restaurant by Andreu Genestra

http://andreugenestra.com/en/
Looks great, thank you!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by synd
Was a great fan of Sa Fontana. Less refined than Andreu Genestra, more family style cooking but the flavours were very good. We really enjoyed it.

Cafe de Paris had some great cocktails but they serve them only after 5pm.
Great, thanks! Is it Sa Fontana? I didn't find anything when I searched for it. We'll definitely check out those cocktails at Cafe de Paris!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:21 am

We got here yesterday, & overall the property & suite are very beautiful. However, I have to echo many previous comments about how many families come here. I saw many commenters saying you shouldn't come in summer if you don't want as many kids, but I'd say at least 3/4 of the current guests have kids. I googled & found that many German & UK cities have fall break around now, but I'd say the majority of the kids here are 4 & under, so they wouldn't be in school anyways.

My husband & I are in Europe celebrating our anniversary, & we thought PH Mallorca would be the relaxing, romantic part of our trip. Instead we've yet to go more than 10 minutes without hearing a kid scream or cry. This means trying to enjoy our garden & loungers isn't a very relaxing experience, which is disappointing.

After arriving yesterday we went to Cafe Sa Placa to get a coffee & snack, & a couple with 2 toddlers were at the table behind us. The kids fussed/yell-talked loudly the entire 45min they were there, & we couldn't even have a conversation without repeating ourselves constantly. My parents never took me to luxury/elegant resorts at that age, but if they had they would've definitely either ensured I didn't fuss/yell for 45min, or they would've left the cafe. I know that's the casual restaurant, so I can maybe overlook that, but this is a resort-wide problem.

We went to the 'adult' pool & whirlpool today, & just as others said, there were kids in both. And of course, their parents weren't even there with them. Of course there is no staff around enforcing this, which is unacceptable.

Commenters also spoke of PH as being a family friendly brand, but there is no indication of that anywhere on the PH website or the PH Mallorca site. They both talk about a luxury, elegant experience, with a focus on service & good food & wine. Knowing it's Hyatt's top tier brand, I would never think the focus would be on families, & I don't think that's wrong. The only indications of family friendly at PH Mallorca are the kids club & children's pool, but neither of those are even mentioned on the home page.

I'm in no way saying that kids shouldn't be allowed here, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the luxurious, relaxing experience the resort/brand promises. I agree with other commenters that if they want to cater to both families and couples/adults, the resort should have a few spaces/sections of restaurants dedicated just to adults, & actually enforce it.

If you are hoping to have a quiet, adult-focused, and/or romantic stay, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, unfortunately.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Disappointing to hear. I agree that PH are not family focused nor should they be. There does not have to be accommodation for everyone at every place all the time. That is the problem these days. It is just like when you have people in international first or business cabins with squawking brats for a 10 hour+ flight. I get it...you also paid for your seat up front...but I personally would never conscience the thought that I would ruin what in many cases is a 2, 3, or 10k ticket for a dozen people (or more) just so I can be a little more comfortable.

What makes it worse it that people pretty much don't give a **** about anyone but themselves anymore these days, so if their kid if whining or screaming or making a scene, they don't leave. They don't take the kid outside. They don't avoid going out if junior is having a terrible fussy day. They refuse to inconvenience themselves at all and as is the norm now, they think they are only person on the earth. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want whenever they want, and it is the worst sin ever to suggest they should modify their behavior on behalf of others.

I have wanted to give this place a try for a while now, but it is troubling to hear the non stop comments about how this place is pretty much a brat factory all year round. . If you go to a Disney resort, expect kids and families and don't complain. If you go to a high end luxury property (that is often quite pricey), you should not have to deal with continual screaming, crying and fussing everywhere. It is like when Las Vegas tried to reinvent itself as a destination for families about 20 years ago, and realized that it was not working. You can't be everything to everyone, and you should not try.
jkjetsetters likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It’s a holiday period all over Europe... that’s when you get kids at holiday locations, no choice but to live with it or stay outside the holiday periods.

The “problem” here seems compounded by the high rates and large rooms/suites. It tends to attract those families where the children are spoiled and the parents could care less.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Oh boy....

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Looks great, thank you!
OMG.

Honestly people. What is wrong with you. I am also in the resort and yes there are Children (Little humans) about. It is not that bad though. The reason kids are in the adult pool is because it is the only one heated. If you go down to the main pool there will be no one and you can have your peace and be alone. I will keep an eye out for you but doubt you will head that way. Today is going to be a lovely warm day so will only get more busy.

So what kids are here. kids don’t bother me. These families have paid the rates and are on holiday. Maybe spend a few minutes to see how wonderful human life is instead of expecting the world to stop with a DYKWIA.

I guess you have used a suite upgrade for your €2000 a night suite and have the expectation that everyone will be silent. Head over to st Regis and splash out 2k for a nice room and I am sure you will find the solace you seek or go rent a villa where you will also have privacy.

I hear so often on this site whines about kids. Yes you were once a child and guess what you were probably no better than these kids. We have these fake memories of us all being little darlings who never made any sound when we were young. Guess what. It’s a fantasy.

Kids have a right to exist and enjoy life. Get over it and take wonder how wonderful they can be. This place is not a screaming den as explained above.

That’s my rant over for the day. ��������
Football Fan likes this.

Last edited by dewby; Oct 24, 2017 at 1:20 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by dewby
OMG.

Honestly people. What is wrong with you. I am also in the resort and yes there are Children (Little humans) about. It is not that bad though...
I agree with your sentiment as well. I was on a cruise last April and there were kids about, but they didn't annoy me nearly as much as the old people fussing loudly about the kids. It was Carnival -- for pete's sake -- but the old people 'chose' that cruise because the kids "should be in school". At restuarants, it is never the kids that bother me, it is the adults wearing ball-caps, talking loudly, and often making a fuss about something dumb (like the taste of the water) just for special attention. My feeling is that if a kid gets you cranky, you might learn something from the care-free nature that kids often have.

I grew up rather low class - I never even set foot on a plane until I was 18 (and only then, because my economics club won a statewide competition and got flown to regionals). The best hotel I experienced prior to 22 years old was a marriott courtyard. I am in my mid 30s now, a professor married to a professional wife (who grew up rather poor like me), and we still have to google rather simple social customs all the time just to have the confidence not to embarrass ourselves. I want to be able to have my kid learn these things as she grows, so that she can have more confidence and poise to adult later in life. I love taking my kid to 'dress up' places - Always have, always will. It teaches her through observation and practice respect and social customs. It expands her repertoire for the arts, food, and culture.

So, yeah, if a parent isn't parenting at the moment at dinner, that might annoy me too, but my assumption is that that moment is more rare than not.

But at the pool at a resort?? That is where even adults can (and should) act like kids. Park Hyatt brand or not, a resort is still a resort.

Last edited by MarkOK; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:56 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
OMG.

Honestly people. What is wrong with you. I am also in the resort and yes there are Children (Little humans) about. It is not that bad though. The reason kids are in the adult pool is because it is the only one heated. If you go down to the main pool there will be no one and you can have your peace and be alone. I will keep an eye out for you but doubt you will head that way. Today is going to be a lovely warm day so will only get more busy.

So what kids are here. kids don’t bother me. These families have paid the rates and are on holiday. Maybe spend a few minutes to see how wonderful human life is instead of expecting the world to stop with a DYKWIA.

I guess you have used a suite upgrade for your €2000 a night suite and have the expectation that everyone will be silent. Head over to st Regis and splash out 2k for a nice room and I am sure you will find the solace you seek or go rent a villa where you will also have privacy.

I hear so often on this site whines about kids. Yes you were once a child and guess what you were probably no better than these kids. We have these fake memories of us all being little darlings who never made any sound when we were young. Guess what. It’s a fantasy.

Kids have a right to exist and enjoy life. Get over it and take wonder how wonderful they can be. This place is not a screaming den as explained above.

That’s my rant over for the day. ��������
The reticular activating system (RAS) is the portal through which nearly all information enters the brain. The RAS filters the incoming information and affects what you pay attention to, how aroused you are, and what is not going to get access to all three pounds of your brain.

In other words, change what you are focusing on and your experiences will change. I'm sure there are kids running around, some are probably shrieking, because that is what kids do. If you focus on this aspect of your stay it will expand and you will see and hear these kids everywhere. You will then write about it and influence how other people will experience this resort. Is that a 'true' representation of reality or simply the way you choose to experience it? If it isn't clear from my post, I agree with you.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I agree with your sentiment as well. I was on a cruise last April and there were kids about, but they didn't annoy me nearly as much as the old people fussing loudly about the kids. It was Carnival -- for pete's sake -- but the old people 'chose' that cruise because the kids "should be in school". At restuarants, it is never the kids that bother me, it is the adults wearing ball-caps, talking loudly, and often making a fuss about something dumb (like the taste of the water) just for special attention. My feeling is that if a kid gets you cranky, you might learn something from the care-free nature that kids often have.

I grew up rather low class - I never even set foot on a plane until I was 18 (and only then, because my economics club won a statewide competition and got flow to regionals). The best hotel I experienced prior to 22 years old was a marriott courtyard. I am in my mid 30s now, a professor married to a professional wife (who grew up rather poor like me), and we still have to google rather simple social customs all the time just to have the confidence not to embarrass ourselves. I want to be able to have my kid learn these things as she grows, so that she can have more confidence and poise to adult later in life. I love taking my kid to 'dress up' places - Always have, always will. It teaches her through observation and practice respect and social customs. It expands her repertoire for the arts, food, and culture.

So, yeah, if a parent isn't parenting at the moment at dinner, that might annoy me too, but my assumption is that that moment is more rare than not.

But at the pool at a resort?? That is where even adults can (and should) act like kids. Park Hyatt brand or not, a resort is still a resort.
Awesome.

We have similar backgrounds and I agree with what you have said on point. I had to work hard to get success in social mobility and succeed in life. I travel a lot as a management consultant but I love travelling with my family so much. Yes my daughter is 13 and has flown a lot in international first, this has not made her a snob or poorly behaved. She has learnt so much and continues to grow in the context of people are people.

As you mention, these experiences with the right parenting can bring so much for a child. We don't have a particular strict approach, I ensure my daughter makes her own calls and learns along the way. Classic low, power distance indexing.

My family and I saw a young child tucking into an ice cream today and my wife commented on how wonderful it must be to be care free and just munch on something so delicious without fear of a parent cussing. This child was having fun and enjoying the moment on such a simple thing as an ice cream. We can learn a lot from this and move out of the god this is bad to how wonderful life is.

I hope as I grow old and become a grandparent that I do not become sour and hate children. If I do my daughter will remind me I am sure.

finally, looking out of the window of this huge suite, I see a wonderful red sunset, I am sipping a very special bottle of Fizz and just thinking life is good.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Awesome.

We have similar backgrounds and I agree with what you have said on point. I had to work hard to get success in social mobility and succeed in life. I travel a lot as a management consultant but I love travelling with my family so much. Yes my daughter is 13 and has flown a lot in international first, this has not made her a snob or poorly behaved. She has learnt so much and continues to grow in the context of people are people.

As you mention, these experiences with the right parenting can bring so much for a child. We don't have a particular strict approach, I ensure my daughter makes her own calls and learns along the way. Classic low, power distance indexing.

My family and I saw a young child tucking into an ice cream today and my wife commented on how wonderful it must be to be care free and just munch on something so delicious without fear of a parent cussing. This child was having fun and enjoying the moment on such a simple thing as an ice cream. We can learn a lot from this and move out of the god this is bad to how wonderful life is.

I hope as I grow old and become a grandparent that I do not become sour and hate children. If I do my daughter will remind me I am sure.

finally, looking out of the window of this huge suite, I see a wonderful red sunset, I am sipping a very special bottle of Fizz and just thinking life is good.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by jkjetsetters

If you are hoping to have a quiet, adult-focused, and/or romantic stay, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, unfortunately.
See my thread directly below this one (currently) on Hyatt Zilaras. 18 and up, and enforced. That is the next romantic vacation wife and I are planning.
jkjetsetters likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If there are kids in the adults only pool, that is 100% unacceptable. Thinking it’s ok because it’s the only heated pool is selfish.
jkjetsetters likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
If there are kids in the adults only pool, that is 100% unacceptable. Thinking it’s ok because it’s the only heated pool is selfish.
In normal circumstances I would agree with you and I have certainly been to resorts where this enforced and have no issue with it.

However I have visited the pool area on the last 3 days and there were only 4 people present. The pools cascade onto one another so it is not like they are overtly separate, they are all connected so kids will be kids and seek the warmth or just explore. If it was a complete separate area they probably would not.

Nothing is every 100% without knowing the circumstance.

In my eyes this is just not the adult only resort type of property and I really don't imagine it coming that either. Mallorca is a big family destination for Europeans so I would agree with previous comments. If you don't like kids don't come to this resort. This has a plus for me because there will be more chances to use one of my upgrades for these spectacular suites.

I will suggest to the Hotel management they should remove the idea of an adult only pool. They don't enforce it so they might as well just remove any ambiguity.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by beachfan
Huh, I take a different viewpoint. If the adult pool is the only one being heated, I think that is 100% unacceptable to limit kids to the cold pool. Thinking that kids shouldn't have access to the only heated pool is selfish.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
It’s a holiday period all over Europe... that’s when you get kids at holiday locations, no choice but to live with it or stay outside the holiday periods.

The “problem” here seems compounded by the high rates and large rooms/suites. It tends to attract those families where the children are spoiled and the parents could care less.
Yeah I didn't realize that it was holiday period all over Europe, it tends to be off-season many places. Now I know though & will avoid places like this during the fall holiday.

I would have to agree. Some of the commenters seem to think I'm saying I shouldn't ever have to see or hear a child, but that's not it at all. It's that most kids here indeed seem spoiled/badly behaved & their parents seem to only care about enjoying their holiday & pay little to no mind to their kids. Not all of them of course, but more than enough to make it noticeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.