Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica

I was doing a search for rates in HNL, and I see a new location, which appears to be opening soon:

Link

Hyatt Centric Waikiki is located in the former Waikiki Trade Center, and is now a chic hotel in an ideal location of Waikiki at the heart of everything that makes Honolulu spectacular. Venture out to the famed Waikiki Beaches or discover Diamond Head Crater and beyond from your convenient accommodations in Waikiki.

What You’ll Love:

•The unbeatable location: Right in the heart of Honolulu, steps away from world famous shopping
•Eclectic rooms: Decorated with a contemporary vibe that showcases the Aloha spirit
•Lounge by the pool: Soak up the Waikiki sunshine at the courtyard swimming pool
•Stylish dining options: Savor the flavors of the area's best

•Elegant events: Gather and collaborate in open-forum style with meeting and event space for conferences and weddings
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
This is good news! Always nice to have another Hyatt option as I refuse to give another dime to the Regency.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Excellent. A Hyatt option that isn't at the diamond head end of Waikiki. And around the corner from my favorite breakfast spot.

I wonder how nice the rooms will be, given that this used to be an office and retail building.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:53 am

I just saw it. I wonder what category it will be, probably Cat 4.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:50 am

Doesn't appear to have lanais, which are very important in Hawaiian hotels.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
A little more info http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...-boutique.html
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Cash rates are loaded for next March and beyond at the Centric Waikiki. Cannot locate any award availability here yet, either straight points or points+cash. Anyone know what category this will be?

Also noticed that the rates at the HP Waikiki Beach seemed to lower as soon as the rates for the Centric were loaded.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:03 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Cash rates are loaded for next March and beyond at the Centric Waikiki. Cannot locate any award availability here yet, either straight points or points+cash. Anyone know what category this will be?

Also noticed that the rates at the HP Waikiki Beach seemed to lower as soon as the rates for the Centric were loaded.
Hi nineworldseries,

Hyatt Centric Waikiki is a Category 5 hotel.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Photos of the rooms have also now been loaded. While they look nice, none of them have balconies...which I consider a pretty huge drawback in Hawaii.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When I went to Kauai the car rental guy was from Honolulu... and said, why be in Hawaii and stay in a city with skyscrapers. Fully agree with him...
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
The website now says "Now accepting reservations for stays from March 15, 2017 and beyond"
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Emailed the GM and was told that there aiming to open on December 8.
Hope to use DSU here before my diamond status expires!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Now opening 1/1!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No way that I want to make a booking in the hope they open on time when from their side there is a 21day cancellation policy :-(.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
No way that I want to make a booking in the hope they open on time when from their side there is a 21day cancellation policy :-(.
Use AAA Discount: 3 days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.