Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Did you walk by the HR? Well, did you experience the HR envy from seeing how close the HR is to the beach?
I wanted a cheaper stay since I knew I would be out a lot in Oahu and didn’t need a resort. I had a few nights at the GH Kauai. The Centric served that purpose well.
travelbugging likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No envy at all. Can access the beach from any side by a quick walk. Tbh this location geographically is fine. I walked by once and went meh, wasnt worth the extra points.
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Did you walk by the HR? Well, did you experience the HR envy from seeing how close the HR is to the beach?
Cometstar likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a huge loophole, and it's not consistent with how they otherwise enforce the rules (e.g., cracking down on properties that only make base rooms available on special rates). Hyatt could very easily either ban the practice entirely, or limit the minimum stays to a more reasonable period, like 2 nights (which you'll sometimes see on paid rates during high demand weekends).
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-ce...rless-to-stop-

This property has been operating dishonestly for years
Has anyone been able to book a standard room on points?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 8, 2022 at 3:21 pm
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the location is great; I prefer to be more in the center of town rather than where the HR is. The walk to the beach is just a few minutes; HR is still across the street from the beach in any event.
Cometstar likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Doppy
I think the location is great; I prefer to be more in the center of town rather than where the HR is. The walk to the beach is just a few minutes; HR is still across the street from the beach in any event.
I think the location is actually pretty good. It is tucked away a bit but still very close to everything. The lack of a lanai is a deal breaker for me though. Unless I am on a short stay on my way to another island etc.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:02 pm

Any property that tries to flagrantly ignore the rules and give you a worthless 500 points instead of breakfast as required for globs is an absolute hard no stay and should be for anyone who gives a damn about the value of their benefits.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
still gotta use the book 6+ nights technique, and then call the line/use hyatt twitter to cut your reservation to the points only nights

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-ce...rless-to-stop-

This property has been operating dishonestly for years
Has anyone been able to book a standard room on points?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
still gotta use the book 6+ nights technique, and then call the line/use hyatt twitter to cut your reservation to the points only nights
Great heads up👍
I find it hard to support a property that’s gaming the system and the WOH program and it’s guests
Booked the Ritz Carlton for slightly more than the 24k min redemption currently required
consider The Ritz to be the best in Honolulu
I would have done a night or two @ 15k @ Centric but find it hard to support bad actors
The Marriott Lay Low is next door to the Centric and very well liked too plenty of standard rooms
shoodawg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:52 pm

Great heads up👍
I find it hard to support a property that’s gaming the system and the WOH program and it’s guests
Booked the Ritz Carlton for slightly more than the 24k min redemption currently required
I would have done a night or two @ 15k @ Centric but find it hard to support bad actors
The Marriott Lay Low is next door to the Centric and very well liked too plenty of standard rooms
We moved our next stay to the Regency, due to the Centrics choice to not honor the breakfast promise.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:58 pm

Are the centric and regency owned by the same entity?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:02 pm

Error
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
We moved our next stay to the Regency, due to the Centrics choice to not honor the breakfast promise.
Is that issue still ongoing?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:10 pm

Is that issue still ongoing?
We based on reports here and linked with prior experience.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Great heads up👍
?? isnt the RC Off-Peak 70K a night? plus its a Residence rather then hotel. do they act like a hotel and supply like a hotel or as a Residensce. I ask since "Hotel" isnt used at all in the title of then place, and I know some folks who have had very bad stays when a place was a mix Hotel/Residence haht I would have thought that Residence alone would have been worse. Sort of like the Marriott Exec Apartments in Europe which dont act like a hotel at all
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:14 pm

I just finished a seven night stay here, and to be honest I really liked it. It was paid but the parking fees were taken off so IMO that made up for breakfast. Between the Starbucks, McDonald's and Heavenly Island restaurant across the way ( and a donut food truck if you like that sort of thing), the lack of breakfast did not bother me. There were also plenty of dining options in the surrounding area too. I thought it was a great location being a couple of very short blocks to Kalakaua Ave.

I thought the globalist treatment was pretty good here. We had to move our reservations by a few days which invalidated our initial Suite upgrade (City Suite 2 queen). We checked in to a City 1 king but after a poor night sleep for our son, were were offered another two rooms of which we chose a a two queen suite (not much of a view) but better bedding and a very large junior suite which was great. There was some road noise but nothing terrible. The was no lanai but not an issue for us. The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.