Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possible to book the Bellagio with Citi Prestige 4th night and receiving Hyatt ptns?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to book the Bellagio with Citi Prestige 4th night and receiving Hyatt ptns?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt

I initially booked a 4 night stay from August 9th - 13th at the Bellagio through M Life but i just though of something that i probably should have thought of a long time ago. With the Citi Prestige offering 4th night free, can i book the same 4 nights through the Citi Concierge, get the 4th night free and still get Hyatt points through the booking since im a Diamond member? Remember Hyatt shares reciprocal benefits with MGM. All inputs will be appreciated...Please speak on it.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
I initially booked a 4 night stay from August 9th - 13th at the Bellagio through M Life but i just though of something that i probably should have thought of a long time ago. With the Citi Prestige offering 4th night free, can i book the same 4 nights through the Citi Concierge, get the 4th night free and still get Hyatt points through the booking since im a Diamond member? Remember Hyatt shares reciprocal benefits with MGM. All inputs will be appreciated...Please speak on it.
Don't see why not. Assuming Citi Prestige can book that hotel, it will look like 4 nights to the Bellagio and therefore you'd get points for all four nights.

However you might want to check what the rate Citi is offering before you cancel. It is very possible that the M-Life rate is lower. Las Vegas is one of those places that rates could go either way.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781
Don't see why not. Assuming Citi Prestige can book that hotel, it will look like 4 nights to the Bellagio and therefore you'd get points for all four nights.

However you might want to check what the rate Citi is offering before you cancel. It is very possible that the M-Life rate is lower. Las Vegas is one of those places that rates could go either way.
Thanks for your reply. The concierge will be sending me more information within 48 hours so i can compare rates.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Apparently, the concierge can call the Bellagio and book the reservation through my MLife account so i can retain my MLife tier discount BUT a rep at MLife told the concierge rep that there's a possibility that i might not get the "Salone Premier fountain view suite" if i book it through the concierge. I figured it's best to just leave my current reservation as it is. I probably could have saved $400+ doing it reservation through Citi concierge.

Last edited by Membersince2013; Jun 25, 2016 at 4:53 am
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I guess I would rather save $400 then have a view. Unless there are amenities in that suite that you would need.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by miadukes
I guess I would rather save $400 then have a view. Unless there are amenities in that suite that you would need.
+ 400
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miadukes
I couldn't care less about the view but my GF apparently wants to see it. $400 is a good chunk savings wise... I'll give them a call back today. It's fascinating that I can earn ThankYou point, Hyatt points, MLife loyalty points and get the 4th night free all in one swoop.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
better double check since I previously saw somewhere mentioning that hotels nights booked through 3rd channel can not earn hyatt points, not 100% sure...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Tommys888
better double check since I previously saw somewhere mentioning that hotels nights booked through 3rd channel can not earn hyatt points, not 100% sure...
This does not apply to Prestige bookings. You earn points and receive all Diamond benefits as usual when booking through Prestige (including being able to use DSU).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
This does not apply to Prestige bookings. You earn points and receive all Diamond benefits as usual when booking through Prestige (including being able to use DSU).
FANTASTIC! Thanks for clarifying! I actually ended up canceling the Salone fountain view and booked the Aria Sky suite instead. Apparently, the Bellagio can't "guarantee" your room and/or your view if you book through a 3rd party and the sky suite was only about $20 more. I don't want to be surprised...

Last edited by Membersince2013; Jun 26, 2016 at 3:53 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I found a $300 per night rate on MLife. The rate i booked yesterday was for $400 through Citi Concierge (ends up being the same exact amount as the $300 rate after Citi reimburses for the 4th night). The twist here is if Citi Concierge can get Aria to let me book the $300 per night room (which they refuse to do because it's an "MLife" rate), i'd save significantly more money. Hopefully i didn't do a poor job explaining it. Basically, i'm trying to get $300 per night for 4 nights with Citi Concierge instead of $400 per night. I'll keep calling Citi Concierge until i get tired...Seems like it depends on the hotel rep the concierge deals with.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Was able to get the $300 per night rate booked through Citi Concierge! This is my new "go to" strategy now. I heard you can also book cash and points with Hyatt through the concierge . Sounds like a goldmine to me.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
I know that this is an old thread but I just thought I should report that the Aspire Concierge I just talked to would not let me book an MLife rate. She seemed about ready to do it, but during the conversation she said she was "informed" that they are not allowed to book those, with the reason given that they would have to provide personal information. I didn't quite understand it, but anyway it seems to be against policy. I suppose you still might find an agent who is willing to do it, but I certainly wouldn't count on it.

In my case it still makes sense to use the 4th night free benefit, but it amounts to a small savings instead of a large one.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Only personal information I can think of is date of birth. Other than that, there is nothing in mlife profile you wouldn't find in another frequent guest program.

I'm speculating that hotel will ask for to verify mlife member before providing the tier discount rate?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by seawolf
Only personal information I can think of is date of birth. Other than that, there is nothing in mlife profile you wouldn't find in another frequent guest program.

I'm speculating that hotel will ask for to verify mlife member before providing the tier discount rate?
Yeah, I have no idea. I don't know why the hotel would need anything other than your name and MLife account number, but the rep I talked to was adamant that she wasn't allowed to book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.