Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Boston - parking vs location?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: a little here, a little there

A little help/advice requested:

My family and I are coming through Boston and stopping for the 4th of July fireworks and concert on the Esplanade - so targeting the Hyatt Regency Boston, on points for 30k points/two nights. Valet/self parking is $55/$40 per night, and I was told valet may be better as it includes in & out privleges.

However, is there another Hyatt property that would be close enough to this area (maybe even via a taxi or Uber) that would be cheaper/free parking?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH DM, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Amtrak SP
The Hyatt Cambridge would be better for the fireworks if you can get it (might get a view from your room). It's right on the Charles and you could walk down. It is horrible attempting to drive anywhere near the fireworks so I would plan on walking or taking the T. Parking is going to be expensive at all the Boston hotels.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Just FYI ... If you want to attend the concert and sit inside the Hatch Shell area you'll need a wristband. Those get handed out July 4 morning until they run out. Make that your first stop of the day then wander around the city and re-enter the Hatch Shell area in the evening wearing your wrist band. There's no view of the fireworks from within the Hatch Shell area - you'd need to leave the concert a bit early and walk down the Esplanade for a better viewing location. It's crowded and the the streets around the Hatch Shell are closed to traffic beginning early afternoon.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Alternatively you can park at any of the commuter rail stations ($4-$11 that go into Boston and take the train the rest of the way into South Station. It's a short walk to HR downtown.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/par...t.asp?id=25204
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Are you driving your own car, or renting one locally? If you're using a rental car, my advice is to skip it. Boston and Cambridge are very easy to get around by foot or public transit. If you really need a car, rent by the day from a downtown or airport location and don't worry about parking.

If it's your own car, the commuter lots may be a good option, particularly on the weekend.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: a little here, a little there
Thanks all - it's my own car. We'll be coming through for just two nights, and may switch to the Cambridge as suggested. I think I'll just need to bite the bullet and pay for parking, as I really prefer to stay downtown for a quick return to bed after the 4th of July celebration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.