Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dear Hyatt: Please build a new hotel in ____

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Hyatt: Please build a new hotel in ____

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Wyfind
Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, please!
Also Eilat would be nice.
ijkh likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Albany, NY
There is already a HP in Malta, NY, but it's too far from Albany (30 min) to be of any use to me. There is a HH planned for Wolf Rd, with an optimistic estimate for Spring 2019, but I have not been able to find any recent news on this: https://www.timesunion.com/business/...r-12901871.php
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Ibiza Spain.

I'd love to burn some points somewhere there and enjoy the summer Trance Music scene.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I find myself wishing Hyatt was in more places, and I hope they will continue to expand. A few places come to my mind immediately:

Kansas City, MO Downtown
Little Rock, Arkansas
Kalamazoo, MI
Toledo, OH
Stuart/Vero Beach, FL
Syracuse, NY
Albany, NY

Where else would you like to see?
yeah, there are some major holes!

FYI
Downtown KC is getting a HH next year.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/busi...215455720.html
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Astana, Kazakhstan
Hanoi, Vietnam
Daegu, South Korea
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Syracuse, NY
A Hyatt House or Hyatt Place was announced for Syracuse, next to the Hotel Syracuse, at least two or three years ago. Not sure what happened.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Malta.

I think one is announced, but not when I'm there for a week this year. That's 7 qual nights that aren't going to happen.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I too would love to see Malta!

I'm glad that Canada is getting more built out.

Would also love to see an expansion of the resort properties, but I suspect Air B&B is making that a strategy no one wants to pursue.

Would be great to see the Andaz brand built out a bit more. I don't see HR being expanded out too much.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
The California central valley. There is no Hyatt south of Rancho Cordova. There is one under construction in Fresno, but that is still a big gap, like 3 hours driving time, with no Hyatt in between.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
The California central valley. There is no Hyatt south of Rancho Cordova. There is one under construction in Fresno, but that is still a big gap, like 3 hours driving time, with no Hyatt in between.
Opening in Merced early in 2020 will be the El Capitan, a Joie de Vivre Hotel. Merced will be an unusual location for the boutique brand.

Then besides Fresno, a Hyatt Place will open later this year in Bakersfield to go along with the current Delano HP.
Old May 6, 2021, 12:32 pm

How can every other chain open hotel after hotel in Rome, yet Hyatt can't even have one?

- Marriott has 12, soon will have 14 with W and Bvlgari
- Hilton has 8
- IHG has 5, soon will have 6 with Six Senses
- Accor has 15
MarkOK and FlyHappy33 like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
How can every other chain open hotel after hotel in Rome, yet Hyatt can't even have one?

- Marriott has 12, soon will have 14 with W and Bvlgari
- Hilton has 8
- IHG has 5, soon will have 6 with Six Senses
- Accor has 15

Highly doubt these hotels are Corp owned, so what can Hyatt do if no one wants to be a franchise, if Hyatt lowers fees etc then all the owners will want Hyatt to do likewise with their hotels.

So raise the needed $$$ and open a Hyatt
Old May 6, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'd like to see one on the North Shore opposite New Orleans (since I have a lot of travel to that area for the moment). There are some similar gaps in their footprint in the southern US that it would be nice to have filled...
MarkOK likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:30 pm

I can't figure out why Hyatt doesn't have any properties near SeaTac Airport (HR Lake Washington is too far to be considered an airport hotel and, also, no shuttle). I seem to recall a Hyatt House or Hyatt Place being planned a few years back but I'm not sure whatever happened to that project.
PDXpress likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:44 pm

I wish they’d add a mid-range to luxury property in Tucson. Right now they have a HP at the airport, another HP in a somewhat sketchy spot (although still workable), and the Miraval. And while I’m sure the Miraval is great, it isn’t really a place you’d stay if you had other things to do in Tucson off-property.

Marriott has multiple golf resort properties in the area, and Hilton has at least one. Plus some others such as Loews. And at all of these, rates have been climbing over the last couple of months, so it seems there’s clearly a market. Hyatt, on the other hand, seems like they have a big hole here, IMHO…
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.