Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President

Just checked in for the night. Managed to get one of the small numbers of parking spaces. The hotel is very visible as it towers over the neighbourhood.

The staff are obviously still finding their feet as check in wasn't very polished but I am sure this will improve. The property is pretty quiet and we were given a room on the 7th floor.

No upgrade but a welcome note and bowl of fruit.

I will post an update and photos tomorrow.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Hyatt Place Heathrow - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

We stayed at the new HP Heathrow less than 1 week after opening. Location is fine, rooms are modern and spacious, staff are green but really keen. It's a good option.

Check-in
We arrived at the hotel using a Blacklane pick-up from central London (great value now they have a economy car option). The hotel is located on an industrial estate nearby Wickes, Screwfix and Pets and Home, and we found the entrance a little difficult to fine. However, on entering the hotel and making our way to the lobby on the first floor, we were quite impressed with what we found.

Check-in was a little haphazard but very friendly - as we were checking in on Sunday night, I think staffing was a little low. We were offered a choice of points or a glass of wine each and given a tour of the Gallery level. The restaurant offers British classics and the self-service area has a reasonable choice of food for a snack. We were offered the chance to take something for breakfast as we were checking out before 6 am, but declined.

Room
The hotel was very new when we stayed and staff were not entirely sure what was available in each room (we wanted to confirm a walk-in shower). Whilst this couldn't be confirmed before we got to the room, it didn't really matter. Our room was in the corner and was very large. A double sofa bed and King bed provided ample space in the bedroom, then we had a separate study and walk-in wardrobe before reaching the spacious bathroom (bath and walk-in shower). Pictures below were taken on an iPhone - it looked better in real-life!

he room was much better than anticipated (this was our first Hyatt Place stay) and had more character. There was a nice London-themed art-work behind the bed and the carpet and fittings felt high quality. At first, we found the blue night light on the air conditioning control too bright, but found out how to turn it off after a bit.

In-room, there was a kettle with tea/coffee making facilities, a welcome letter and a great fruit bowl (unexpected). Unfortunately, there was no drinking water, but when we went downstairs to buy some, we were also offered a complimentary glass of wine!

Service
Service was not polished but was very friendly and there seem to be some great staff on the team. They have to work hard but are also chatty and we felt very welcome. Experience will come with time and the operation will become slicker, but hopefully the enthusiasm will stay.

Although the hotel is not on-airport, this didn't bother us. A pre-booked car from King's Cross was only 25, although public transport may be a little more difficult as the hotel isn't that close to the Heathrow Connect stop for Hayes.

For departure, we ordered a taxi through the hotel to T2 at the airport. This was 15, charged to the room bill and we had a swanky Mercedes S class, so this was great value - much better than the HotelHoppa. It would be great if a 1-way transfer was a diamond perk, but given the current low room rates, this isn't going to be possible.

As we arrived late, I'm unsure what restaurants or supermarkets there are in the local area.

Overall
We will definitely be staying at the HP Heathrow again. The staff really transform the hotel from an airport hotel to something much better. The fact that the hotel has a gym is a bonus, although is not a deal-breaker. The rooms are fresh, well-equipped, spacious and the bed comfortable. For us, an S-class transfer is much better than alternative options and very affordable at 15.

The HP Heathrow is a high quality, solid 4* airport property, which offers great value for money.

Last edited by price123; Jun 3, 2016 at 2:07 pm
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Overall a good stay and a useful for us to keep Hyatt status quite cheaply.

Pros

There are a small number of parking spaces outside reception. The website is confusing as one page says it's free and another says it's 11. We weren't charged

Couple of restaurants and a small supermarket across the road

Very friendly staff. The duty manager was walking around this morning greeting everyone and having a chat

Flimsy shower door. Can't see them lasting very long

Rooms are nice although only some have the plug board. Ours didnt

Breakfast was very good and included full English breakfast

Cons

No Diamond recognition. Had to explain that Diamonds get free breakfast. Unlike previous poster we just got a standard room even though the hotel was very quiet

Not the greatest location for travellers who are expecting an airport hotel. It's near a small retail park and about 800 yards from Southall which is good if you like Asian food

Although staff are very friendly service is a bit hit and miss. They asked for ID at check in which is unusual. Gave my credit card which was handed back and then asked for a credit card! I am sure it will get better and the enthusiasm of the staff is great
Attached Images           
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:37 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Couple more photos

Here are a few more photos from last nights stay
Attached Images     
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
4 to a room?

It seems with a King bed and the sofa sleeper, that a room could accommodate 4 people, but the website won't let me book that. Anyone know if 2 adults and 2 young teen kids could stay in a single room? I emailed the hotel but have not received a response.

I just need a room for one night for an overnight layover (arriving T5, departing T3).
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mangoMan
It seems with a King bed and the sofa sleeper, that a room could accommodate 4 people, but the website won't let me book that. Anyone know if 2 adults and 2 young teen kids could stay in a single room? I emailed the hotel but have not received a response.

I just need a room for one night for an overnight layover (arriving T5, departing T3).
I don't know if the sofa converts into a sleeper or not but it's not very big so I doubt if you would accommodate four people in a standard room
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I don't know if the sofa converts into a sleeper or not but it's not very big so I doubt if you would accommodate four people in a standard room
In the suite, the sofa converted into what looked like a standard double, so would be easy to accommodate but a bit tight. If they offer them, there would be room for a roll-away in the study area, although it may make getting to the bathroom a little tricky in the night
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:38 am

Three stays here so far, fourth coming up at the weekend. Seems very chaotic, even for a new property.

I'm missing a stay credit and a proper invoice from my first stay, and there were minor check-in issues on both the second and third stays.

Full breakfast is not free here for Diamonds according to HGP Concierge.

They really need to iron out the kinks at this property!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by shorthauldad

They really need to iron out the kinks at this property!
Interesting - the philosophy of Hyatt Place is that breakfast is free for ALL guests. Has this changed?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by a193991
Interesting - the philosophy of Hyatt Place is that breakfast is free for ALL guests. Has this changed?
There are two variations, see http://londonheathrowhayes.place.hya...breakfast.html

Gallery Kitchen Morning Boost - Free with stay
Gallery Kitchen Full Breakfast - 13.50 per person
The charge for the full breakfast is not currently being waived for Diamonds.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:31 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There are two variations, see http://londonheathrowhayes.place.hya...breakfast.html

The charge for the full breakfast is not currently being waived for Diamonds.
We had breakfast there on Saturday. At first she couldn't find us on her list (it wasn't busy) and then offered us the Morning Boost. I pointed to my name where it said Diamond and she just said "Help yourself to whatever you want".

I have never stayed at a HP in US or Europe and had to pay for breakfast
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They shouldn't advertise it as "Heathrow" if they don't offer free airport transport.

I was somewhat surprised to see on reading the (very) fine print that technically there is no Diamond breakfast benefit at Hyatt Place:

Benefit not valid when staying at Hyatt Place properties, Hyatt House properties, or Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
How petty is this? So what are they excluding? Eggs of the buffet? Makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted by Kacee
They shouldn't advertise it as "Heathrow" if they don't offer free airport transport.
Do you stay at Heathrow very often? Virtually NO hotels at Heathrow offer an airport transfer. You have to take the bus.

Last edited by christianj; Jun 7, 2016 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:34 am

We had breakfast there on Saturday. At first she couldn't find us on her list (it wasn't busy)
It was even less busy at 7am on Bank Holiday Monday, it seemed like I was the only customer in the building. 5 staff + 1 manager were clustered round the front desk trying to work out how to persuade the computer to let me pay for my room so I had the free run of the buffet, including the hot items.

Several days later, on my third stay, they charged me for breakfast, pointing out everyone pays for the hot version, Diamond or no Diamond.

I have never stayed at a HP in US or Europe and had to pay for breakfast
Does anyone pay for breakfast at those properties?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm planning on staying here quite regularly but I won't be paying 13.50 for an egg and a couple of slices of bacon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.