Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:44 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by serfty
I've simply taken a public transport bus ...
Yes, bus # 140 goes near there. The bus ride takes about
27 minutes. Then it requires a 3/4 mile walk (13 minutes) from the bus stop to the hotel. I'm ready to do that walk, but my wife won't let me.

You can also take the A10 bus out and connect to the A427 bus. This takes 34 minutes of actual riding (plus the time to wait for 2 different buses), and it lets you off right at the Hyatt Place. I'm ready to do this as well, but my wife won't let me.

So we're taking uber.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There are buses from a stop close the hotel that takes one the three (?) stops to Hayes Junction.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:01 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
This is a fantastic Hyatt Place property . Everything is new, modern, clean, posh, stylish.

The hotel offers transportation to and from Heaathrow:
  • 24 GBP for meet & greet and transport to the hotel (that's per trip, i.e. if you have 1 or 4 people in your party, it's the same price. The price seems high, but in retrospect, we should have chosen this option. We chose Uber which, due to traffic congestion at 5:30 pm, cost just under 23 GBP
  • 18 GBP for transportation from the hotel to the airport.

Full English Breakfast buffet is 13.50 GBP for deplorables but free for Globalists.

During the email correspondence before arrival, the hotel offered to supply coffee and a few victuals as a "care package" for us to take during our early-morning (5 am) departure. I politely declined, as we have access to many different airline lounges at LHR. But I asked them to keep that incredibly kind thought in mind, and I'll partake _twice_ during the next trip.

Globalist recognition is superb. Hotel reached out by email, two days prior to arrival. Upon arrival, when we told the front desk our name, they had already checked us in and they handed us the keys. We were finished with the front desk within 10 seconds of arrival.

We received a comp upgrade to a corner suite on the highest (10th) floor. In the suite was a handwritten note from the GM, along with a welcome amenity (2 apples and a Galaxy chocolate bar ... I believe our profile says that my spouse likes British chocolate), and the obligatory two bottles of water. The room / suite is spacious and includes extra touches such as terrycloth robes (just like the Big Hyatts).

Overall impression: A very pleasant surprose. Far far more than what you'd expect from a Hyatt Place.

If travels require an overnight near LHR again, I will surely choose this property, as it is fantastic.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:49 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
This is a fantastic Hyatt Place property . Everything is new, modern, clean, posh, stylish.
If travels require an overnight near LHR again, I will surely choose this property, as it is fantastic.
Thank you for this review. I was contemplating which HP i should chose for a 1 night stay in LHR in November, I currently have 2 reservations, but you convinced me and I will now cancel the Hyatt Place LHR Aiport one.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Thank you for this review. I was contemplating which HP i should chose for a 1 night stay in LHR in November, I currently have 2 reservations, but you convinced me and I will now cancel the Hyatt Place LHR Airport one.
Transportation is the weakest link of the HP in Hayes.

From airport to hotel:
- uber was about 24 GBP (in peak traffic)
- the hotel offers "meet and greet" limo service for 24 GBP
- several red bus routes are nearby, including a stop literally in front of the hotel
- by comparison, the other HP (nearer to LHR airport) is on the Hotel Hoppa route and also several red bus routes
- uber to the other (HP LHR) hotel would be in the same ballpark as the price to HP-Hayes. Although the other hotel is "at" the airport, it's still over 4 miles each eay.

From hotel to airport
- uber was about 13 GBP (at 5 in the morning)
- the hotel offers limo service for 18 GBP

If I stay at HP-Hayes again as a couple, I'd probably take uber again. If I stay there as a solo, I'd probably take one a red bus.

This hotel might be weak in the transportation offerings, but they're strong everywhere else. I can't think of a better HP property anywhere else in the system, except perhaps HP downtown Minneapolis (which was formerly an Embassy suites).
365RoadWarrior likes this.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 17, 2017 at 12:03 am
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Thank you for this review. I was contemplating which HP i should chose for a 1 night stay in LHR in November, I currently have 2 reservations, but you convinced me and I will now cancel the Hyatt Place LHR Aiport one.
I recently stayed at the closer LHR HP and have to agree that - transportation aside (both for the airport and getting to/from central London) - the HP Hayes is the better hotel - friendlier and more competent staff, better breakfast, nicer rooms.

As a reference, both HPs are higher quality than your usual HP in the U.S. They also have the advantage of newness over the other chain hotels near LHR. But still not HR or HC quality.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:56 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Checking in today, and although I do not see the advantage of web check-in or app check-in, I gave it a try, since I received the invitation. For the confusing results, see the picture.

Web check-in afterwards worked, so it seems to be an App issue.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I'm planning a business trip to London for a month later this year and would love to stay at a Hyatt to rack up night stay credits. The central London hotels are far too pricey, but this hotel and the HP Heathrow, while both cheap. seem to be too far out to get into central London on a daily basis. Has anyone stayed here and gone into central London on public transit? I don't mind riding the bus or the tube for an hour or so. Thanks;
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:51 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm planning a business trip to London for a month later this year and would love to stay at a Hyatt to rack up night stay credits. The central London hotels are far too pricey, but this hotel and the HP Heathrow, while both cheap. seem to be too far out to get into central London on a daily basis. Has anyone stayed here and gone into central London on public transit? I don't mind riding the bus or the tube for an hour or so. Thanks;
I have taken a taxi to the Southhall station, then the train. If I recall correctly, the trains don't run that often, but I'd consider 45 minutes from hotel to Paddington Station.

maybe keep an eye on the Hyatt Place in London City, should open in 2020 some time.... maybe you're lucky and it's open when you need to go and pricing may be fine:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ng-2020-a.html
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
Originally Posted by gspurr
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedI'm planning a business trip to London for a month later this year and would love to stay at a Hyatt to rack up night stay credits. The central London hotels are far too pricey, but this hotel and the HP Heathrow, while both cheap. seem to be too far out to get into central London on a daily basis. Has anyone stayed here and gone into central London on public transit? I don't mind riding the bus or the tube for an hour or so. Thanks;https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
I have taken the bus from the hotel to Ealing Broadway station more times than I care to remember. It can be excruciatingly slow during rush hour.

Otherwise if Paddington is convenient, you can definitely catch the train from Southall or Hayes/Harlington. Not much point though if you subsequently connect to the tube.

I think the HP Heathrow is a bit more convenient for the city centre, however. A short bus ride to T3 and then the tube/HIX straight into town.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Has anyone quarantined here for 10 days on arrival from an amber list country--i.e. USA until recent changes or Canada? I'm a fully vaccinated Canadian and am hoping that we will soon be able to avoid quarantining like many EU counries and the USA on arrival in the UK. However, as a backup I am thinking of this hotel as a possible place of quarantine if necessary.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Has anyone stayed here recently?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Has anyone stayed here recently?
Not much has changed. It's still a decent HP in a bad location.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Jake Mchugh is the GM here now.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Quite a negative pre-arrival experience so far:
  • The hotel apparently doesn't read their email at the moment. Even after I called and an agent promised to get back to me nobody ever did
  • I booked because of the moderately priced Heathrow transfer service which is advertised on their website. I called up and apparently they've decided not to offer it any more. No particular reason, but there's now an added hassle and expense to get to and from the place

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jul 1, 2022 at 12:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.